Expedia

2 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Expedia in March 2012.

Applied online and received a response from a recruiter within one week wanting to schedule an initial phone screen. I replied within several hours providing some specirfic dates or times and advised I could be flexible. After two days, I hand't heard anything back from the recruiter so I sent a follow up email. After another two days, I reached out again via phone and left a message for the recruiter. Still no response. After another two days, I sent another email and immediately received a generic thanks but no thanks letter about the position. It was a frustrating experience to be contacted and not have any follow up from the recruiter. An email directly from the recruiter saying the position had been filled or was no longer available would have been a much nicer approach. From a company focused on customer service in the travel industry, the experience didn't leave a positive impression.

Interview Questions
  • No difficulties as nothing ever happened after being invited to interview.   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Expedia

Account Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Expedia.

Hiring manager and recruiter work together to bring in candidates and ultimately the decision seems to heavily weighted by those interviewers that the hiring manager brings in. My interview process was a day long marathon of 5 interviews and a second round with another 2. Depending on recruiter and interviewer schedules, interview process can be super fast or a little drawn out.

Interview Questions
    • Hypothetical situations - Be prepared with a couple hypothetical situations on how your job translates to the current job on hand, even if different industry.   Answer Question
    Very little room to negotiation unless coming externally.