Expedia Concierge Interview Questions

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Orlando, FL
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Expedia in April 2012.

1st interview over the phone; gauged general knowledge of the local area attractions/restaurants/business.
2nd interview in person; more in depth questions about personal knowledge on the products we would be offering; our customer service experience; sales experience
3rd interview with GM; mostly just more of the 2nd interview with a bit more focus on personality and how you'd fit in to the team.
Move on to training and another sort of interview to see which team you'd be placed on (mostly based off if they see you as a higher sales person or higher customer service person)

Interview Questions
  • Create a pitch for a guest for one of the specific products we offer.   Answer Question
There wasn't a negotiation phase. Manager's picked who they wanted for which teams. Everyone's base pay is same, commission is earned based on what you sell.

Other Interview Reviews for Expedia

Phone Interview then in person

Interview Questions
    • You must know about the attractions as you will be quizzed during the process on your knowledge.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Orlando, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Expedia in November 2010.

I applied online in July 2010, was prompted by email to take an online psychological evaluation and never heard anything. In November 2010, I met a coworker who had just taken a part time job with this company and told me they were hiring again. She recommended that I apply again using her name as a referral. When I did that I was very quickly contact by the Recruiter (within 5 days) to call me in for an interview. 1st interview was with the recruiter. 2nd interview was meant to be a group interview but ended up being an interview with one manager 1-on-1, then a second manager 1-on-1. After this set of interviews I was contacted a few days later with an offer, which I accepted, and started training about 2 weeks later. I believe the recommendation from a current employee is the key to gaining an audience with this company, especially after having worked there for over a year now.

n/a

Worked for Expedia? Contribute to the Community!