Expedia

Very Difficult Interview

Customer Service Interview

Customer Service
Las Vegas, NV

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Expedia in February 2013.

Interview Details – I did not actually get an interview with Expedia however I had quite an experience. Recently they opened a Tier 3 customer service vacancy in Las Vegas, NV , me and one of my best friends applied. I have such a long experience with travel agencies for so long and specially in all the software and GDS travel systems that Expedia uses. All of those skills were demonstrated in the resume. I waited for any communication from their side but had none. Only my friend -who was also a previous subordinate of mine and has far less experience- got an interview and an offer and when I asked him he revealed to me honestly that he has a connection in the HR department who arranged it for him. I was so frustrated that I did not at least get that protocol regular courtesy email to tell me that they have reviewed my resume and chose to go with other candidates. After that experience I decided that I wont look for any opportunities in that company because the way their HR is handling their business does not make me comfortable working in such an environment.

Interview Question – Apparently you have to have a connection inside the HR.   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Customer Service Interview

Customer Service
Cairo (Egypt)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Expedia in November 2011.

Interview Details – Easy interview, handling skills are highly recommended, quick learning is required too.

Interview Question – How helpful are you going to be as a customer service representative?   View Answer

Worked for Expedia? Contribute to the Community!