Expedia

Relevance Date Difficulty

Market Associate Interview

Market Associate
Dallas, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Expedia in December 2013.

Interview Details – I was College Recruited. I talked to the person at a stand with the Expedia logo he then offered me an initial interview of 20-25 people. moved to next round of interviews with 2 others and flown to closest office in a different city. 5 Hours of Interviews with 5 different people regarding different topics of discussion.

Interview Question – We run a 95% Hotel Occ. rate. why would we want to work with you?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – College recruiter worked with me to get moving benefits and salary levels.

Market Analyst Interview

Market Analyst
Dallas, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Expedia in October 2013.

Interview Details – Extremely long and difficult interview process. By far the most difficult interview process I have ever had. Make sure to study and understand the industry as if you already work in it, if you don't. Had three interviews of the exact same tedious questions, just by different people;

Interview Question – Be prepared to pitch to them as if they were a client   Answer Question

Senior Voice Engineer Interview

Senior Voice Engineer
Allen, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Expedia in December 2012.

Interview Details – Inital planning for interviews were good, there were two interviews, phone and in-person, the office area was very good and people were nice.

Interview Question – They would ask a techinal question that I am not familar with.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – What I agreed upon only.

Associate Manager Interview

Associate Manager
Dallas, TX

Interview Details – Phone Interview- 1st with recruiter and 2nd with area manager.
General Questions with recruiter.
More in depth with area manager.

Interview Question – Role Play- If you already had this position how would you sell (show negotiation skills) Expedia to a property? How would you sell to a property during a high demand/special event in town?   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Market Associate Interview

Market Associate
Dallas, TX

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Expedia in April 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online and used my Linked In profile to apply. Within days, I noticed a recruiter from the company viewed my profile. I was contacted via email to set up my first phone interview. I had my FIRST phone interview. It lasted about 35 minutes and was the generic HR prescreen. The recruiter spoke mostly about what the position called for with a HEAVY HEAVY stress on sales which is a different feel from the posted job description. She scheduled me for a second phone interview which was later rescheduled by the interviewer because she was under the weather. That second phone interview lasted about 50-60 minutes. You are put totally on the spot to provide a role play situation of what you would do if the position was yours. Super uncomfortable and unexpected but I fought through it. Apparently, it well as they scheduled me for an in person interview for 3 hours at their office with 3 different people.

Interview Question – Which famous person do you most look up to? Weird? Just me? Ok   View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Dallas, TX

The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Expedia in April 2011.

Interview Details – Received an email from recruiter they try to lowball you right away Figured I would go though with the interview anyways since the name is well known.
Was first given phone interviews. First one was very basic Manager didn't seem to know much about technology. Second call was from a contractor (yes a contractor) Got a feeling they outsource a lot here.
After I got trough those two I was called in for a face to face interview with the team. No real programming questions asked. The focus is on Logic questions like perfect number and round man whole type questions. They watch you as you try to complete. Completed it as I would program it and they told me they wanted it to be completed as a math question. Also was asked why I didn't wear a coat and tie.

Interview Question – Needed to come up with a perfect number algorithm (not in code)   View Answer

Lodging Operations Agent Interview

Lodging Operations Agent
Dallas, TX

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Expedia in March 2010.

Interview Details – The interview was very shallow, nothing specific.
Only later I realized the process was quick because they were desperate to hire new agents.
Low ball company, stay away from it or consider it as "in between the jobs" thing.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – There was no room for negotiation for this position.
Likely the agency had it all settled with Expedia.

Strategic Accounts Coordinator Interview

Strategic Accounts Coordinator
Dallas, TX

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Expedia in August 2010.

Interview Details – I liked that I went through multiple interviews as opposed to just one or two. It's important for a whole team to make a decision about a future employee. I was actually offered a better position than the one I interviewed for, and it actually pays more too.

Interview Question – If there was an article in the newspaper written by you and the title was "travel will decrease in 2011" what would the article say?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Expedia? Contribute to the Community!

Expedia Videos

Expedia – Why Work for Us?

Why Expedia? Because mornings are the best when you love your job. At Expedia, Inc. we are passionate about travel and revolutionizing it through the power of technology. Across the globe, our family of brands makes… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Expedia interview questions and advice in Dallas-Fort Worth, TX. All 8 interview reviews posted anonymously by Expedia employees and interview candidates.