Expedia

Updated Jan 7, 2015

3.4

Lodging Support Service Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Expedia in January 2015.

I applied online through a staffing agency. The process was very quick and got called for an interview a week later.
    Normally I get really nervous when it comes to interviews but when I got there the atmosphere and the people were so welcoming that I had no reason not to.
    So the interviewer came out shortly after my arrival with a professional but laid back demeanor. The interview had a total of about 10 rather simple questions and listened to live phone calls.

Market Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Expedia in December 2013.

I was College Recruited. I talked to the person at a stand with the Expedia logo he then offered me an initial interview of 20-25 people. moved to next round of interviews with 2 others and flown to closest office in a different city. 5 Hours of Interviews with 5 different people regarding different topics of discussion.

Interview Questions
    • We run a 95% Hotel Occ. rate. why would we want to work with you?   View Answer
    College recruiter worked with me to get moving benefits and salary levels.

Market Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Expedia in October 2013.

Extremely long and difficult interview process. By far the most difficult interview process I have ever had. Make sure to study and understand the industry as if you already work in it, if you don't. Had three interviews of the exact same tedious questions, just by different people;

Associate Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Phone Interview- 1st with recruiter and 2nd with area manager.
    General Questions with recruiter.
    More in depth with area manager.

Interview Questions
    • Role Play- If you already had this position how would you sell (show negotiation skills) Expedia to a property? How would you sell to a property during a high demand/special event in town?   Answer Question

Market Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Expedia in April 2013.

I applied online and used my Linked In profile to apply. Within days, I noticed a recruiter from the company viewed my profile. I was contacted via email to set up my first phone interview. I had my FIRST phone interview. It lasted about 35 minutes and was the generic HR prescreen. The recruiter spoke mostly about what the position called for with a HEAVY HEAVY stress on sales which is a different feel from the posted job description. She scheduled me for a second phone interview which was later rescheduled by the interviewer because she was under the weather. That second phone interview lasted about 50-60 minutes. You are put totally on the spot to provide a role play situation of what you would do if the position was yours. Super uncomfortable and unexpected but I fought through it. Apparently, it well as they scheduled me for an in person interview for 3 hours at their office with 3 different people.

Interview Questions
    • Which famous person do you most look up to? Weird? Just me? Ok   View Answer

Senior Voice Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Allen, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Allen, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Expedia in December 2012.

Inital planning for interviews were good, there were two interviews, phone and in-person, the office area was very good and people were nice.

Interview Questions
    • They would ask a techinal question that I am not familar with.   View Answer
    What I agreed upon only.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Expedia in April 2011.

Received an email from recruiter they try to lowball you right away Figured I would go though with the interview anyways since the name is well known.
    Was first given phone interviews. First one was very basic Manager didn't seem to know much about technology. Second call was from a contractor (yes a contractor) Got a feeling they outsource a lot here.
    After I got trough those two I was called in for a face to face interview with the team. No real programming questions asked. The focus is on Logic questions like perfect number and round man whole type questions. They watch you as you try to complete. Completed it as I would program it and they told me they wanted it to be completed as a math question. Also was asked why I didn't wear a coat and tie.

Interview Questions
    • Needed to come up with a perfect number algorithm (not in code)   View Answer

Strategic Accounts Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Expedia in August 2010.

I liked that I went through multiple interviews as opposed to just one or two. It's important for a whole team to make a decision about a future employee. I was actually offered a better position than the one I interviewed for, and it actually pays more too.

Interview Questions
    • If there was an article in the newspaper written by you and the title was "travel will decrease in 2011" what would the article say?   Answer Question

Lodging Operations Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Expedia in March 2010.

The interview was very shallow, nothing specific.
    Only later I realized the process was quick because they were desperate to hire new agents.
    Low ball company, stay away from it or consider it as "in between the jobs" thing.

Interview Questions
    • What is your passion? Do you like to travel?   View Answer
    • Are you able to handle the pressure?   View Answer
    There was no room for negotiation for this position.
    Likely the agency had it all settled with Expedia.