Expedia

www.expedia.com

Expedia Database Developer Interview Questions

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

I applied online. The process took 7+ weeksinterviewed at Expedia in May 2014.

Applied online and got a call from HR in a week. Got scheduled for initial phone interview.
Interview got postponed couple of time but was finally interviewed with a senior database developer. Interview consisted of all basic database questions and my experience working with it.
Later got scheduled for personal interview at Bellevue HQ. it was 5-6 rounds with team members from different levels.
round 1 : basic java questions and a programming question to calculate the median of a continuous input of numbers.
round 2 : This was basically managerial questions with some behavioral question(lunch interview)
round 3 : Again some oops question with some puzzle to parse a string of strings and pick up integers in each string and display as output. continuous numbers in a string should be displayed a single number. Eg. "3rfg5" output should be 3,5
34rf8tv output should be 34,8
round 4: questions again on oops by drawing class diagram and then initializing classes, inheritance etc.
round 5 : All database questions with focus on all essential database questions, I was asked to write some queries. Also got interviewed on some Cassandra or no sql questions.

Everyone were very friendly and I felt very comfortable.

I was offered the position over a phone call from HR after couple of weeks. The offer looked genuine and good , so accepted.

Other Interview Reviews for Expedia

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

I applied online – interviewed at Expedia.

One phone screen. The on-site interview. A little bit more than half-day. 5 people interviewed me. One IQ question and I was able to pass it. Others technical questions are relatively easy to me as I have many years' experience and I am pretty much good in my area.

Interview Questions
    I didn't negotiate the salary but I asked a little bit more for sign-on bonus.

Database Developer Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Expedia in July 2009.

Very technical and thro' questions on sql server development - indexes, indexed views

Database Developer Interview

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Expedia in December 2010.

They conducted three telephone interviews in the following order - HR Screening Round, Future Manager, IT Director and then followed by three group interviews and one to one interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Indexing, T-SQL, DBA Stuff, SQL Server Reporting Services, Integration Services, Backup & Restore, Joins, Stored Procedure   Answer Question