Expedia

Updated Dec 10, 2014

3.1

BI Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Expedia.

Process was standard for the industry. Contacted by recruiter to provide additional information, phone screen with the hiring manager and then brought in for a day to interview with a wide range of folks. Planning by HR was a little off - the interview was pushed back and I wasn't notified, confusion over where the interview would take place etc, though they were very nice and gave me some tips before the actual interview started. Sat in a window-less tiny space while five different folks came and asked essentially the same sets of character questions. Not really any technical type questions.

Interview Questions
    • Not really any difficult technical questions. Walked through a business case of measuring and improving adwords profit, though the job was more on reporting.   Answer Question

Position wasn't a great fit for me and felt the department was a high-stress / low-reward type of environment.

Senior Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

I applied online – interviewed at Expedia in December 2014.

I applied though their career site. A recruiter contacted me after 2 weeks, and scheduled a phone screen. Initial questions were towards my projects and previous roles. Then he jumped in to a coding question.

Interview Questions
    • Given a string with multiple lines, find and print the most frequent character for each line. If there is a tie in a given line, i.e, if 2 characters occur the most in that line, then print the one that comes first in the alphabetical order.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Submit resume at school's career fair then get a phone interview. The interviewer was very nice. He asked 3 technique questions. The second one was online coding. Then got response the evening.

Interview Questions
    • Asked three questions.
      1. Find the intersection of two array of integers.
      2. shuffle an array
      3. Pros and Cons of multiple inheritance.

Answer Question

Several Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Expedia.

I had a phone interview two weeks ago. I was told I made it to the next round and would receive more information the next day. That was two weeks ago. No reply to two emails sent to the recruiter asking for an update. I'm frustrated.. I really want to work for this company but I am not impressed about the process.

Lodging Content Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Expedia.

Was contacted by an HR recruiter several weeks after applying online. Everything moved very quickly after that point, multiple phone interviews per day over the course of 2 days. I spoke with 4 people total - the recruiter, the manager, and 2 leads. The recruiter was very nice and professional, answered many questions up front which is appreciated when you're going to go through hours of interviews. The manager seemed extremely disinterested for the entire interview, so I was surprised when they contacted me for 2 more interviews, dubbed the "final round" by HR. The 2 leads I spoke with last were very nice, they mostly asked about how I work with teammates and managers. Not many questions about content from anybody, which was strange considering I had a lot of experience with it going in. Overall a positive experience, I would recommend applying online.

Sales Agent Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Expedia in November 2014.

Never was hired and did not go through interview process. I received a call from Expedia after 4 months. Think policy should be to start finding new applicants. I don't even remember what the position was that I applied for. I think it is rude to call someone 4months later asking if they are still interested. To each it's own.

I had already found a job which may have been less pay then Expedia, I had already built a relationship with coworkers and was in the process of promotion anyways. No reason to leave, especially for a company where I am second choice.

Associate Market Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Expedia.

Went through the interview process - started with an initial screening call. 2nd interview was via Skype with a Market Manager from another area. Followed up with a face to face interview with the Area Manager and Market Manager in the location of the opening. All went well, but did not get the job due to over qualification. Process was enjoyable and hope to have another opportunity soon.

Interview Questions
    • Please explain your most difficult sales challenge and how you overcame that challenge.   Answer Question

Market Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Expedia in November 2014.

I submitted my resume online and it was a few weeks after until I heard back. I then had a phone interview with a recruiter from their home office mid-week. She followed up and scheduled a second phone interview with another manager on the following Monday. Shortly there after I was asked to meet with their team in person. I met with them twice in their offices. Everyone was outgoing and friendly. I met with several different team members and each had their own different questions and styles of interview.

Interview Questions
    • They asked many questions that were originally used by Microsoft. How would you sell hot chocolate to a guest in Las Vegas in July; why are manholes round?   View Answer

Software Engineer In Test - II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

I submitted application via their career website. It took a couple weeks but a recruiter email me back. She wanted to talk to me on the phone. In that phone call, she asked me typical questions, like a summary of my experience, why I wanted to leave the company, why I wanted to work for Expedia, etc. She also asked me a couple basic programming conceptual questions, like what are the principles of OOP. Then, she scheduled a phone interview with for me. In the phone interview, the guy asked more conceptual questions, like what is the difference between interface and abstract class and what is virtual class. After that, the interviewer asked me to test the "Flying From" textbox on the Expedia.com homepage. Lastly, coding question, write a IsSubString(string originalString, string subString) function.

Interview Questions
    • Programming conceptual questions which, unless you just graduate from college, you may not always remember them.   Answer Question

Media Producer Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Expedia.

The in-person interview was almost a full day worth of meeting different people. I met with a total of 7 individuals in different positions. The questions seemed to be divvied up so at least you aren't answering the same question 7 times.

My first scheduled interview of the day was supposed to be with an HR person, but they never showed. After the interview, I wrote the HR manager to thank them for the opportunity. After a week or so, I wrote back to hear how the hiring process was going. After one or two more follow-ups, I still never heard back from them with any updates at all.

Interview Questions
    • Pretty standard questions. A few scenario driven questions, but nothing crazy.   Answer Question