Expedia Interview Questions

Updated Mar 23, 2015

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MO

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Expedia.

I put my application in and received a call within 2 days for an interview. I went to an interview on a Wednesday morning and received an email within a few hours asking me to come back for a final interview. I went to final interview on a Friday and was called on Monday offering the job. The interview was basic interview questions, nothing sticks out that was unusual. If I could give any tips, it would be to be completely honest with your answers because they can see that. During the final interview several of the same questions were asked as the first. Interviewers were friendly and engaging, easy to talk to and get along with.

Software Design Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Expedia.

Campus interview, 30 mins, one algorithm problem. The problem is not hard, and the interviewer was very nice. I took 20 mins to write the code on a paper, and we examined the code together. The next couple of minutes he asked some behavior questions like why you want to work at Expedia. Three days later got a email about next step for an onsite.

Interview Questions
    • Leetcode Letter Combinations of a Phone Number   View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Applied through recruiter and had an initial phone interview. Had an initial discussion about my work, technologies I work on and then he explained about the job role. Then went on with coding question. The overall experience was good.

Interview Questions
    • Given a set of pairs
      e.g (5,4) (6,2) (9,3) (2,5) (4,9)
      Find the longest contigious sequence

Answer Question

Database Developer Interview

Applying on a Job fair of campus, then give me a telephone interview which is about 30 minutes.
    The telephone is from 11:00 to 11:25. The interviewer is very nice. The call is on time.
    On the same day, the HR contact me, and plan to have an on-site interview in March.

Interview Questions
    • give an database to select some information using SQL, Java, PL/SQL, reverse a string, Design cycle, override   Answer Question

Software Engineering Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Expedia.

Career fair, then I get phone interview. most of my friends get coding questions like 2 sum. For me, I don't know. I did answer the question well. I don't know why I get rejected.

Interview Questions
    • Java concept, abstraction,Encapsulation, Polymorphism, Inheritance.   Answer Question

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA
    Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Expedia in March 2015.

Got a call from one of the HR's in WA. Asked me about the core principles of OOP, the difference between overloading and overriding, and two cs algorithm questions that weren't too bad. Then, the person calling asked me about a few of my projects. She seemed interested in my UDF Caching project which was done in Scala. It seemed as if she was interested in me, but I guess she wasn't.

Interview Questions
    • You are given a string variable that holds "aabbcc". Given the string, how do we output a2b2c2?   Answer Question
    • You are given an array where each index holds either a 0 or 1. How do we move all the 0's to the left side of the array and the 1's to the right side of the array?   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

I applied through college or university. The process took 7+ weeksinterviewed at Expedia in March 2015.

Applied on Career Fair. Asked for a on campus after career fair. Then scheduled on site after 1 month. On campus interview was quite easy. You need to write a stack and flatten a binary search tree. Onsite interview was related to data structure and algorithm. The interviewer were nice and helpful. I believe my last interviewer knew I'm pretty tired at that moment and asked me some Q&A questions.

Interview Questions
    • I choose to respect the NDA. However, the questions were related to data structure and algorithm. It should not be a problem if you are an algorithm master.   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer II Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Expedia.

Went in for in person 5 face to face interviews. Two of them non technical. Three technical interviews which included on design session. Interview with hiring manager was also technical but he was pretty rude. I am glad I dint get the offer , I wouldn't want to work for him

Lodging Operations Agent Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Expedia.

Process started out smooth and fast, yet evolved into a delayed mess over a period of 2 months. Constant schedule changes and last minute interviewers constantly rescheduled their availability. Communication with recruiter was horrific and often emails and calls were unreturned for many, many days. Went through the entire interview process only to find out the position had already been filled about a few days before, even when HR/Recruiter was STILL CONTINUING the interview process. Total and absolute nonsense and a total waste of time. A few of the interviewers also didn't seem to excited to conduct their interview, with often some of them saying "Well I don't have much to ask you so..." and the interview would consist of questions that don't really let you talk about anything pertinent to the job. Nonsense.

Expedia claims their interview process is quick, but don't pay attention to that. As others have noted here, it can take forever and often you won't get anywhere. And yes, the stories here of people having to chase down their recruiter just for a response or clarification on something is true If you are undergoing the interview process with Expedia, be prepared to WAIT and WAIT.

Overall, horrible experience and a waste of time. Don't count on Expedia being your only hope, continue interviewing with many other companies while interviewing with Expedia.

*Interview process usually consists of an email from recruiter, followed by a phone screen, then about 4 or 5 interviews either in person or over the phone with several different people relating to your position.

Interview Questions
    • Depends where you are in the interview process, but usually they are open-ended and that is assuming the person interviewing you is remotely interested in doing their job properly.   Answer Question

Business Intelligence Developer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Expedia.

- It was pretty quick! Very impressed! Got a phone screen by HR followed by phone screen by Hiring Manager in just 2 days. Got Invited for a half-day interview session - all of this within a week! The day after the on site interview, they had an offer ready.
    - I got an offer from another company which suited my career goals better so I declined this offer but I was super impressed with their HR process!

Interview Questions
    • pretty straightforward. They had some hands-on questions too which were lot of fun!   Answer Question