Expedia

251 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Manager, Software Development Interview

Bellevue, WA

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Expedia in March 2012.

Interview Details – I knew some folks working at Expedia, so I was interested in joining. I reached-out to them, and talked about a couple positions I found online. I applied online, attached my resume and cover letter, and received a phone call within a couple days.

The interview loop was with 5 people, each for 1 hour; there was a 30 minute "interview free" lunch (lunch provided by Expedia)--this was great benefit to me, as it allowed me to reflect on the first 2 interviews of the loop.

Interview Question – Tell me about the most challenging production issue you've faced.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiations weren't difficult. The original offer was pretty good, so there was just 1 negotiation.

Very Difficult Interview

Market Associate Interview

I applied online and interviewed at Expedia.

Interview Details – I applied online for a DC position, and had a first round phone interview. Immediately after the phone interview, I was told the DC position had been filled, but they wanted to consider me for other locations. I then had several more phone interviews for different locations, before going out to the Dallas office and having four in-person interviews. Was notified a week later about the outcome.

Interview Question – Who is a historical figure you look up to?
If this wall was a brick wall, and you were a brick, where would you be in the wall? What impact does this (your location) have on the wall as a whole?
  Answer Question

Senior Network Engineer Interview

Bellevue, WA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Expedia.

Interview Details – HR did a phone pre-screen. Was onsite for about 4 -5 hours of technical interviews with fellow engineers, directors, and senior directors. Technical interviews were standard set of questions for the skillset required. Took a while to hear back after the on-site interview - almost a week.

Interview Question – Oddest questions were around how I would solve their current challenges.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Senior Product Manager Interview

San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Expedia in March 2014.

Interview Details – 1 phone interview with Principal Product Manager. It's important to note that I feel strongly my interview was not an interview at all, but more for information/idea sourcing, which is becoming increasingly common among companies. The actual job opening, may or may not have existed, but it was clear from right off the bat, the interviewing manager was looking for monetization inspiration about a future product offering they were prepping to put out. Every question revolved around the new product feature, and the lack of hiring sincerity was fairly obvious.

Software Engineer Intern Interview

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Expedia.

Interview Details – Phone interview after being refered

Interview Question – How the random number generator works   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer Intern Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Expedia.

Interview Details – Reasonably difficult. Interviewer didnt allow me the space to express my ideas and was very rigid

Interview Question – implement a recursive solution for a double linked list in java   Answer Question

Senior Software Development Engineer In Test (SDET) Interview

I interviewed at Expedia in February 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online on the website and got the HR mail to talk in the next 2days. The HR was very busy or short of time ,took 1week to schedule a telephonic with her. She mentioned that the hiring process has to be quick. Scheduled telephonic.

Interview Question – basic oops concepts,discussion on types of testing done in the previous projects,reverse string using stack and linkedlist. What I did not liked was she asked me for a particular project that I had worked on,why this manual testing was done and not automation.   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer Intern Interview

Bellevue, WA

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Expedia in March 2014.

Interview Details – Campus interviews, 1 on 1 with white board coding. Simple problems using Binary search tree traversal and binary search for a scenario. Interviews went well and got invited for onsite interviews at Bellevue HQ. It was challenging and fun; 3 back to back interviews. Two interviewers were fun, while one of them was uptight with hardly a smile. Expedia is quite generous in reimbursing the travel/lodging costs. $75 per day on meals.
Got the offer within 10 days. The pay rate is the best part, exceeds expectations. The whole process was quick, efficient and enjoyable.

Interview Question – 1] Given a series of data, cluster it into sub components. It was for a specific use case which was fun to solve. Prepare HashMap well.
2] Given 2 rectangles, find out the smaller rectangle which is formed by the intersection of the larger rectangles.
3] Given a 2D matrix filled with 1s and 0s, find out the number of connected components of 1s.
  Answer Question

Creative Director Interview

Bellevue, WA

I applied in-person and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Expedia in July 2013.

Interview Details – I knew someone in who was able to get my resume to the hiring manager. I would not have been found with a key word search and regular online application

Interview Question – Interview process was very high level since I had been working in a leadership position for 15 years.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Standard. We met in the middle. Their executive recruiter treated me with incredible respect and worked hard to get an offer that I would be happy with.

Project Manager Interview

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Expedia.

Interview Details – Friendly interviewer - did not feel intimidated despite high ranking with company. Half "get to know you" questions and half "case interview" style question. Be prepared for a case interview question but don't stress too much over it. Just be confident in your answer and stick to your gut reaction in answering it.

Interview Question – Case interview question dealt with letting a CEO know whether or not data supported his/her new initiative. Interviewer might give data that does not support initiative - do not be afraid to say no.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Expedia

Worked for Expedia? Contribute to the Community!

Expedia Videos

Expedia – Why Work for Us?

Why Expedia? Because mornings are the best when you love your job. At Expedia, Inc. we are passionate about travel and revolutionizing it through the power of technology. Across the globe, our family of brands makes… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Expedia interview questions and advice. All 251 interview reviews posted anonymously by Expedia employees and interview candidates.