Expedia Interview Questions

Updated Aug 28, 2015

Senior Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Expedia (Bellevue, WA) in December 2014.

Interview

I applied though their career site. A recruiter contacted me after 2 weeks, and scheduled a phone screen. Initial questions were towards my projects and previous roles. Then he jumped in to a coding question.

Interview Questions

• Given a string with multiple lines, find and print the most frequent character for each line. If there is a tie in a given line, i.e, if 2 characters occur the most in that line, then print the one that comes first in the alphabetical order.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Interview

1 phone interview followed by onsite, questions were not that difficult.

Interview Questions

• Lot of data structures and OOP questions. Not disclosing the questions because of NDA and i think its not fair to disclose.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Initial phone interview included online collaborative testing. Testing included programming problems mainly based on hashmaps, arrays and looping. The interviewer was friendly and considerate although I do not think they were actually a software engineer. The collaborative interview lasted 45 to 60 minutes. There was very little discussion on what the job included.

Different offer

Senior Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Expedia.

Interview

I applied online and was e-mailed within a few days with a request for scheduling a phone interview. After a few e-mail exchanges we settled on a day and time. The time requested was for an hour and a half block which I found excessive however, agreed to. The day and the time agreed upon came and went. I called the recruiter, left a v-mail reminding her of our agreed upon meeting, sent an e-mail and later that day sent a second e-mail asking if we would be rescheduling. I never heard back. I am beyond offended by the lack of courtesy and with the amount of time I wasted waiting for an e-mail, a callback, anything to change my perception of unproffesionalism I experienced from Expedia's business practices. If a candidate was found for this role, why wouldn't that be communicated?! We are adults here- or so I thought. Terrible experience.

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Expedia.

Interview

Interview process wasn't very difficult. Mostly it seemed that the decision was made for a number of the interviewer based on what their manager (the referrer) has said. Only has one interviewer that asked any questions that required thinking

Interview Questions

• On the fly design question regarding searching through and ranking hotels   Answer Question

Finance Manager Interview

Interview

Multiple interviews on same day

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Expedia.

Interview

applied online, then phone interview, then onsite interview

Software Development Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Expedia.

Interview

The process took 2 weeks. The recruiter asked basic data structure and math problems. It was immediately after a career fair at college. Nice recruiter with direct technical questions. Positive experience.

Interview Questions

Interview

There was a tech question at the career fair, and then an onsite interview which includes three rounds. The first round was a brain teaser interview. The second round was a recursive programming question. The third round was questions on objective programming.

Interview Questions

• Please design a object class of anything in the real world.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Expedia.

Interview

5 round of on site interview

Interview Questions

• all the questions are acceptable   1 Answer