Expedia Interview Questions

Updated Mar 24, 2015
Updated Mar 24, 2015

First round of Phone Screen
    Followed by Onsite interview consisting for 5-6 rounds.

Software Development Engineer In Test (SDET) Interview

Went through phone interview with the hiring manager with a technical question asking to reverse a string of words with spaces. On site interview was all day long. Met the HR first, then two SDET and the test manager. In the afternoon, met a developer asking algorithm question. Didn't make it to meeting the Director. That meant it was a no-offer.

Interview Questions
    • The algorithm question was a raise the bar question and I felt it especially hard because brain got tired after a full day of talking.   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Expedia in March 2012.

Applied online and received a response from a recruiter within one week wanting to schedule an initial phone screen. I replied within several hours providing some specirfic dates or times and advised I could be flexible. After two days, I hand't heard anything back from the recruiter so I sent a follow up email. After another two days, I reached out again via phone and left a message for the recruiter. Still no response. After another two days, I sent another email and immediately received a generic thanks but no thanks letter about the position. It was a frustrating experience to be contacted and not have any follow up from the recruiter. An email directly from the recruiter saying the position had been filled or was no longer available would have been a much nicer approach. From a company focused on customer service in the travel industry, the experience didn't leave a positive impression.

Interview Questions
    • No difficulties as nothing ever happened after being invited to interview.   View Answer

Finance Manager Interview

Multiple interviews on same day

Software Developer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Expedia.

applied online, then phone interview, then onsite interview

PM Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Expedia.

I got the first round of interview after they came to my university's career event. The interview is taken by phone.

Interview Questions
    • How to design an online traveler's website? Suppose you have a mentor to access the resources.   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Great people. Friendly and helpful. Sensible interview questions. Mainly look for fit and potential for learning and adapting.

Interview Questions
    • General case related, technical problem solving, analytical thinking.   Answer Question

Senior Release Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Expedia.

Recruiter contacted me via LinkedIn about the position. She scheduled a Phone interview within 1 week's timeframe. Phone interview had 3 members on the panel including the hiring manager. The Phone interview lasted for 30 minutes. Mostly sent through my experience on Build and Release management. Questions related to Team Foundation Server and Jenkins.

After the Phone interview, I was asked to fly to Bellevue for face to face interview. I had total of 6 rounds back to back with each interview lasting for 1 hour. Questions were mostly around my experience in Build and Release Management, Branching, Scripting and custom tools developed to improve the Build and Release Management. Questions were also around customization of Team Foundation Server, Team Build customization, Custom Build Activities, Team Build Extensions, Jenkins and Continuous Delivery.

Interview Questions
    • Questions around Team Build customization, Custom Build Activities   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

great hiring process- very thorough and extensive process. everyone was incredibly social and friendly and the questions were quite challenging. recommend preparing carefully for this. interview was over 2 days with about 8 people. found this based on a referral from a friend and a phone screen by a recruiter.

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

I had a very bad experience with Expedia. After a phone interview, they arranged to fly me to their headquarters. Unfortunately my flight got delayed due to bad weather and I was told by them to cancel my trip. They called me next day morning to tell me that they have given offer letters to two candidates for that role and they will only give me a chance to interview at their HQ if any of these candidates reject the offer.

Interview Questions
    • The hardest part to grasp was that I never got a chance interview for that role (which was my area of interest) because of bad weather. How is that my fault?   Answer Question