Expedia Interview Questions

Updated Aug 30, 2015

Business Analyst Interview

Interview

Expedia publishes a lot of jobs in Geneva, but all applications disappear in the black hole - you never receive any response from them, not an update or even rejection.

Department Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Expedia (Springfield, MO) in February 2015.

Interview

I had 2 phone interviews, and 3 in person interviews. 1 phone interview with a recruiter, 2 interviews with peers (one by phone with a peer in Bellevue, Washington and the other in person), in person with my future boss, and in person with HR.

Interview Questions

• What would I do within 90 days to establish the trust of the leadership team.   1 Answer

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Expedia in August 2015.

Interview

Swift, but lengthy process. Really look for people who can be an asset to their team. Wonderful people to interview with and learn from during the process. Interview ranged from phone, technical/Skype, to in person. Enjoyed learning about the company as a whole. They expect you to know A LOT about Expedia Inc. Be sure to do a ton of research.

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Expedia (Seattle, WA) in June 2015.

Interview

Expedia seems to have a lot of Product Manager openings. I applied for four different Product Manager positions over two months. During that time-frame, I was contacted by four different recruiters for screenings. None of them seemed to have access to the information from my previous screenings. I had to repeat everything over each time with each recruiter and fill out their questionnaires, although the open positions were almost identical in description. Each recruiter screening led to more phone conversations with the respective hiring managers. One hiring manager was almost hostile, saying he could easily find a better fit from someone far away and move the person to Seattle. The other hiring managers questions heavily and almost exclusively focused on how to improve Expedia's websites and any new ideas. A person who worked there told me that's how they search for new ideas. I seemed to be talking to someone from Expedia every other day. None of all that talk let to anything substantial.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in that opening?   Answer Question
    • How would you improve the website (car rental, hotels, etc.)? Be specific.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Expedia in May 2011.

Interview

Typical telesales interview. Explain sales background. Do a few role-play for sales scenarios. They had a great interview process. Nothing really caught me off guard about the process. If you are familiar with telesales then you should get hired without any problems.

Recruitment Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Expedia (London, England (UK)) in August 2015.

Interview

Very Quick process! 2 telephone interviews on the same day, 1 at 11:45 the other at 3 with the director. Followed by an interview with 4 different people within the recruitment team two days after. 2 were for half an hour and the other 2 more casual for 15 minutes. I heard back the following morning.

Interview Questions

• Discuss CV. What did you learn from a difficult situation. What do you like to do at the weekends or in your spare time.   1 Answer
    • Why did you apply to this role at Expedia   1 Answer

Negotiation

The offer was perfect

Supplier Relations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Expedia (Las Vegas, NV) in September 2012.

Interview

Interviewed in person twice, once by HR and once by two managers of the department I was applying to. They were thorough in asking open ended questions, taking notes and responding to my questions regarding the work duties. The training was two weeks and intensive, preparing me for the position, which was mostly research on contracts for pricing and terms with our vendors.

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths, weaknesses, past employment histories, skills   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation, the offer was firm.

Market Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Taipei (Taiwan)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Expedia (Taipei (Taiwan)).

Interview

I applied the job online. After one week I got a call informing me to have a phone interview. The phone interview took about 40 minutes and was asked to talk a little bit about myself. They asked if I understand the job itself, and then explained more details. Still waiting for the news if I will get the next round interview.

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Expedia (Seattle, WA) in August 2015.

Interview

The phone screening was pretty standard which was followed by an in-person technical interview. It was about an hour long and was pretty standard. Talk about yourself, whiteboard some stuff, do you have any questions. Off the bat the interviewer obviously liked his job and Expedia. Which is a huge plus for me when I interview places.

Interview Questions

• I signed a NDA so I won't say specifically. But nothing was uncommon. And the interviewer was happy to jump in and work with you instead of letting you flounder.   Answer Question

Market Associate Interview

Interview

begin with a general phone interview asking basic interview questions to understand your experience and skills, if interested carry forward with in person interview, further correspondence, they get back to you with a final decision