Expedia

Expedia Interview Questions

Updated Feb 26, 2015
Updated Feb 26, 2015

Lodging Content Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Expedia.

Was contacted by an HR recruiter several weeks after applying online. Everything moved very quickly after that point, multiple phone interviews per day over the course of 2 days. I spoke with 4 people total - the recruiter, the manager, and 2 leads. The recruiter was very nice and professional, answered many questions up front which is appreciated when you're going to go through hours of interviews. The manager seemed extremely disinterested for the entire interview, so I was surprised when they contacted me for 2 more interviews, dubbed the "final round" by HR. The 2 leads I spoke with last were very nice, they mostly asked about how I work with teammates and managers. Not many questions about content from anybody, which was strange considering I had a lot of experience with it going in. Overall a positive experience, I would recommend applying online.

Associate Market Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Expedia.

Went through the interview process - started with an initial screening call. 2nd interview was via Skype with a Market Manager from another area. Followed up with a face to face interview with the Area Manager and Market Manager in the location of the opening. All went well, but did not get the job due to over qualification. Process was enjoyable and hope to have another opportunity soon.

Interview Questions
    • Please explain your most difficult sales challenge and how you overcame that challenge.   Answer Question

Sales Agent Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Expedia in November 2014.

Never was hired and did not go through interview process. I received a call from Expedia after 4 months. Think policy should be to start finding new applicants. I don't even remember what the position was that I applied for. I think it is rude to call someone 4months later asking if they are still interested. To each it's own.

I had already found a job which may have been less pay then Expedia, I had already built a relationship with coworkers and was in the process of promotion anyways. No reason to leave, especially for a company where I am second choice.

UI Designer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Expedia in November 2014.

Applied online through their main site. One month later I received an email from hiring Director and met one on one with them. About one week later, I had a phone call with HR to discuss career goals and professional skills. The last interview was 5 hours long, where I met in person with the entire design and product team individually.

Interview Questions
    • Asked to pick a project in my portfolio and critique it.   Answer Question

Market Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Expedia in November 2014.

I submitted my resume online and it was a few weeks after until I heard back. I then had a phone interview with a recruiter from their home office mid-week. She followed up and scheduled a second phone interview with another manager on the following Monday. Shortly there after I was asked to meet with their team in person. I met with them twice in their offices. Everyone was outgoing and friendly. I met with several different team members and each had their own different questions and styles of interview.

Interview Questions
    • They asked many questions that were originally used by Microsoft. How would you sell hot chocolate to a guest in Las Vegas in July; why are manholes round?   View Answer

Market Manager Interview

Got an email from HR, and the process (until the final round of interviews) took about 3 weeks. First interview is a screening call from HR, followed by a skype call by a manager, then a face to face interview with the hiring manager. Only during the last interview I was informed about requirements of the position that were not listed on the job description posted on Expedia Jobs website

Media Producer Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Expedia.

The in-person interview was almost a full day worth of meeting different people. I met with a total of 7 individuals in different positions. The questions seemed to be divvied up so at least you aren't answering the same question 7 times.

My first scheduled interview of the day was supposed to be with an HR person, but they never showed. After the interview, I wrote the HR manager to thank them for the opportunity. After a week or so, I wrote back to hear how the hiring process was going. After one or two more follow-ups, I still never heard back from them with any updates at all.

Interview Questions
    • Pretty standard questions. A few scenario driven questions, but nothing crazy.   Answer Question

Global Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Expedia.

It took 3 months to go through the process, 5 interviews and the communication between interviews was poor. All interviews were by phone until I was brought in on the last interview and I skyped with the person I would be reporting to as she was in Geneva.

Interview Questions
    • Asking what you would do to improve the position when you don't know the day to day activities.   View Answer
    Salary, bonus and relocation all comes from different buckets so if one if not as much as you want, try to get more from another bucket.

Software Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA
    Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Expedia.

I reached out to to a former colleague who set things in motion. Two weeks later, I heard from the recruiting team and two weeks after that, the interview loop took place. Three days after the interview loop, I got the news that they were interested and three days after that, I got the details on the initial offer. From start to finish, the whole process took a little over a month.

The interviews, for a manager role, were tough but fair, with more emphasis on management questions than than on technical questions. Some very good discussions and interaction with me rather than on rapidly firing questions and silently taking notes. The loop was one of the better loops I've been involved with and I came away impressed with the team.

Interview Questions
    • A question on network performance issues and potential solutions, one of the rare technical questions.   Answer Question

This was a tough decision but another offer on the table was a slightly better fit.

Market Associate Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Expedia.

I went through three interviews. First a screen phone call, had about three questions about revenue management like revpar. Second was a Skype interview with the regional director, pretty standard questions. Third interview was in person at their office. The interview was an hour and was only role play involving sales type questions. I was able to answer most of the questions asked but some where hard to answer solely because I've never been in a market associate position. I didn't like how the interview was only role play for an hour, it doesn't give an accurate picture of the position or my skills.

From start to finish the interview process took over a month.