Expedia Interview Questions

Updated Aug 25, 2015

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Expedia (Bellevue, WA) in April 2015.

Interview

Very standard process: Recruiter called and talked for half hour, then Phone interview with the hiring manager, then the formal interview with 5 people from the team or partner. No hard questions and all about your experience, what you like for the job, and how do you think you are the fit.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you are the fit for this position?   1 Answer

Finance Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Expedia (Bellevue, WA) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview process started with a phone screen with a recruiter from HR. I had applied online through the Expedia career portal. After not hearing feedback on the role (two weeks after applying), I followed up with the recruiter on linkedin through an inmail - then the wheels were in motion. After the phone screen with the HR recruiter, I was contacted within two days to have a phone interview with the hiring manager. Phone interview with the hiring manager was very positive. A week following the interview with the hiring manager, I was invited to come onsite to interview with several members of the finance team along with one member of the business. Expedia arranged for flight, hotel and incidentals to the Bellevue offices (an excellent experience). The morning of the interview, I met the recruiter, who walked me through the plan for the day, including providing some insightful information on the company and the people who I would be interviewing with. I interviewed with five people (including the hiring manager) and was told that interviews with other candidates were still in progress. The Recruiter told me that by the end of the next week, he would contact me regarding next steps. I ended up not getting the role - which was a bummer. But I have to say, this was the best interview experience Ive ever had (from beginning to end).

Interview Questions

• Describe a failure you experienced at work and what lessons you learned from it?   Answer Question

Bilingual Lodging Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Expedia (Dallas, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

Arrive early. As far as the interview goes it was a very simple interview right to the point, met with very friendly recruiters and managers. No real secret, just be yourself and you'll do fine.

Interview Questions

• Talk about yourself, your background, specific job related questions, nothing out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Expedia (Springfield, MO).

Interview

I put my application in and received a call within 2 days for an interview. I went to an interview on a Wednesday morning and received an email within a few hours asking me to come back for a final interview. I went to final interview on a Friday and was called on Monday offering the job. The interview was basic interview questions, nothing sticks out that was unusual. If I could give any tips, it would be to be completely honest with your answers because they can see that. During the final interview several of the same questions were asked as the first. Interviewers were friendly and engaging, easy to talk to and get along with.

Software Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Expedia.

Interview

Campus interview, 30 mins, one algorithm problem. The problem is not hard, and the interviewer was very nice. I took 20 mins to write the code on a paper, and we examined the code together. The next couple of minutes he asked some behavior questions like why you want to work at Expedia. Three days later got a email about next step for an onsite.

Interview Questions

• Leetcode Letter Combinations of a Phone Number   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Applied through recruiter and had an initial phone interview. Had an initial discussion about my work, technologies I work on and then he explained about the job role. Then went on with coding question. The overall experience was good.

Interview Questions

• Given a set of pairs e.g (5,4) (6,2) (9,3) (2,5) (4,9) Find the longest contigious sequence   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Expedia.

Interview

Career fair, then I get phone interview. most of my friends get coding questions like 2 sum. For me, I don't know. I did answer the question well. I don't know why I get rejected.

Interview Questions

• Java concept, abstraction,Encapsulation, Polymorphism, Inheritance.   Answer Question

Database Developer Interview

Interview

Applying on a Job fair of campus, then give me a telephone interview which is about 30 minutes. The telephone is from 11:00 to 11:25. The interviewer is very nice. The call is on time. On the same day, the HR contact me, and plan to have an on-site interview in March.

Interview Questions

• give an database to select some information using SQL, Java, PL/SQL, reverse a string, Design cycle, override   Answer Question

SEM Interview

Anonymous Employee in Corvallis, OR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Expedia (Corvallis, OR) in March 2015.

Interview

I met with a recruiter at a school event, and immediately got a call back asking for an interview. I participated in that interview and was told I would hear back within a few days. I waited over a week and then I finally had to call them and check in. When I contacted them I was told the interviewer never got back to HR on how it went. They finally got back and said I could move on to the in person interviews and that I would be called to set up my flight and hotel. I waited until the day before I was supposed to leave and then got an email saying I wouldn't be flying out there. I had changed plans all around to be able to fly there, and was told I would just do phone and Skype interviews. I did those and was told I would hear back in a week. 2 weeks went by and I heard nothing, so I contacted them again. I did not hear back for 2 months, when they told me my emails got lost in their inbox and they filled all of the positions.

Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Expedia (Bellevue, WA) in March 2015.

Interview

1 Phone interview 4 Rounds of Onsite interview The interview had lot of data structures and algorithm questions. But all of them were straight forward out of college questions. None of them were difficult. ANd again - few technical questions too.

Interview Questions

• NDA , Unable to disclose (But mostly data structures and algorithms.) Careercup and glassdoor will reach you. Nothing difficult at all.   Answer Question