Expedia Interview Questions & Reviews

3.1

Software Development Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Bellevue, WA
    Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Expedia in March 2014.

Campus interviews, 1 on 1 with white board coding. Simple problems using Binary search tree traversal and binary search for a scenario. Interviews went well and got invited for onsite interviews at Bellevue HQ. It was challenging and fun; 3 back to back interviews. Two interviewers were fun, while one of them was uptight with hardly a smile. Expedia is quite generous in reimbursing the travel/lodging costs. $75 per day on meals.
    Got the offer within 10 days. The pay rate is the best part, exceeds expectations. The whole process was quick, efficient and enjoyable.

Interview Questions
    • 1] Given a series of data, cluster it into sub components. It was for a specific use case which was fun to solve. Prepare HashMap well.
      2] Given 2 rectangles, find out the smaller rectangle which is formed by the intersection of the larger rectangles.
      3] Given a 2D matrix filled with 1s and 0s, find out the number of connected components of 1s.
        Answer Question

Creative Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bellevue, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

I interviewed in-person. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Expedia in July 2013.

I knew someone in who was able to get my resume to the hiring manager. I would not have been found with a key word search and regular online application

Interview Questions
    • Interview process was very high level since I had been working in a leadership position for 15 years.   Answer Question
    Standard. We met in the middle. Their executive recruiter treated me with incredible respect and worked hard to get an offer that I would be happy with.

Project Manager Interview

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at Expedia.

Friendly interviewer - did not feel intimidated despite high ranking with company. Half "get to know you" questions and half "case interview" style question. Be prepared for a case interview question but don't stress too much over it. Just be confident in your answer and stick to your gut reaction in answering it.

Interview Questions
    • Case interview question dealt with letting a CEO know whether or not data supported his/her new initiative. Interviewer might give data that does not support initiative - do not be afraid to say no.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Expedia in February 2014.

I got this opportunity through career fair, then I was contacted by recruiter and set the day for phone interview. At first, asking some database and OOP problems then 2 coding problems and 1 algorithm problem.

Market Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Expedia in January 2013.

The interview process was 3 stages - initial screening call, Manager interview over the phone, and in person interview with 4 separate interviewers. The final session was 4 hours. Questions ranged from analytic to sales specific, and the final 4 round interviews was very intense. The interviewers were nice and made me feel comfortable, but that did not ease the nerves as I was interviewing with very high up individuals.

Interview Questions
    Yes, I was able to negotiate a higher salary.

Senior Manager Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Expedia in February 2013.

There were technical questions, problem-solving questions, cultural fit and leadership potential assessments. Initially there was a phone screen with the hiring manager. Then I met in person with several team members in two locations, and all but one were completely prepared, professional, friendly, and serious about making a good investment for the company by finding the best fit. I found the entire process to be pleasant yet challenging in a good way, and it was a good indication of the high quality of co-workers I now work with.

Interview Questions
    • The site is down on the French point of sale. What do you do?   View Answer
    The negotiation phase was over two days, and all parties were reasonable. I was happy with the result.

Software Developer Summer Intern Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Expedia.

The interview was about 45 minutes long. Basic Java questions were asked. The questions were not too hard. Basically you have to work out the problem on a white board and it can be stressful. Be sure to understand the question correctly and let the interviewer follow your thoughts. The interviewer was friendly.
    I do not think they prepared much for the first round interview. Maybe they just want to find out if you can code or not. There is no advancement of the problem, and problems are unrelated.

Marketing Manager Interview

Several rounds of in-person interviews

Senior Software Development Engineer In Test (SDET) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bellevue, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Expedia in September 2011.

Screen (in person), then 7 people loop.

Interview Questions
    • The answer given was a possible solution. The answer the interviewer wanted involved Reflection.   Answer Question
    Offer and Counter offer. Expedia moved very fast, unlike other companies who waited weeks to respond.

Web/Java Developer Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Expedia in October 2013.

First Hr interview call- pretty easy, about your resume what technology you enjoy and visa status and availability. Told me to prepare on Css, HTml5 javascript, jquery, Jsp, servlets
    2nd interview -Technical Interview basic algorithms, ask to create que, and convert into stack.
    Ask couple of testing questions. something on JUNIT, ask to write some test scenarios. After that some java basics method overloading, static final collection framework. Lady was really food and helpfull no need to write all code with format just method code in google doc