Expedia

282 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Software Engineer Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Expedia in February 2014.

Interview Details – Phone Interview - Got a call through initial screening at the career fair at my university. The interviewer just asked 1 coding question - given a string of a's b's and c's which can come in any order any number of times, reduce the string to a string in which every combination of two different characters will be replaced by the third one (ab will become c, bc a, cb a, ...). Keep on doing this tip possible. Mind the fact that in place and new string will give separate answers, you can choose any approach.
e.g. aabbcc becomes bb ( aabbcc -> acac -> bb)

Interview Question – None   View Answer

Accountant Interview

Accountant
Springfield, MO

I applied online and interviewed at Expedia.

Interview Details – I was contacted by the hiring department to have a phone interview. After the phone interview I was scheduled to take 3 online tests. After the tests, I received a call to come in for an in person interview with the Accounting Manager. After 3 weeks I received an e-mail saying I did not get the job.

Senior Software Dev Engineer Interview

Senior Software Dev Engineer
Bellevue, WA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Expedia in December 2012.

Interview Details – Easy resume based questions.
Expect some technical questions from Dev Manager types
Roundabout HR questions about peer reviews

Interview Question – Some PM guy wanted to know my opinion on peer reviews.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They were very rigid with the salary package. Director was willing to bump up the sign -on package but not willing to budge on base salary.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Very Easy Interview

Software Development Engineer Interview

Software Development Engineer

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Expedia in December 2013.

Interview Details – Been contacted in Linkedin, didn't really go with high hope but was hoping for some good interview experience. Except for one engineer who has a simple, yet interesting question rest of the questions were either behavioral or just conversation where I questioned what technical ability, I was probed on. One of the interviewers literally struggled/confused with some of the fundamentals, at which point I totally lost interest in that job. The meeting with one of the senior director was just awful, he seemed to be so disinterested in the process itself that he couldn't control his yawn.

Software Development Engineer II Interview

Software Development Engineer II

I applied online and interviewed at Expedia.

Interview Details – 5 round of on site interview

Interview Question – all the questions are acceptable   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer

Interviewed at Expedia

Interview Details – Initial phone interview included online collaborative testing. Testing included programming problems mainly based on hashmaps, arrays and looping. The interviewer was friendly and considerate although I do not think they were actually a software engineer. The collaborative interview lasted 45 to 60 minutes. There was very little discussion on what the job included.

Interview Question – How else could you populate the hashmap?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Different offer

Market Analyst Interview

Market Analyst
Dallas, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Expedia in October 2013.

Interview Details – Extremely long and difficult interview process. By far the most difficult interview process I have ever had. Make sure to study and understand the industry as if you already work in it, if you don't. Had three interviews of the exact same tedious questions, just by different people;

Interview Question – Be prepared to pitch to them as if they were a client   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Expedia.

Interview Details – Expedia came to our school's career fair, the engineer asked me two basic questions about java, then arranged me for another on campus interview.
The on campus interview last 30 minutes, first talk about what team am I interested in, then a technical question to write on board. Very simple programming question, given an int array, remove the duplicates. The man I met is friendly.
I am waiting for the on site interview.

Interview Question – Given an int array, remove the duplicates.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer

I applied in-person - interviewed at Expedia in February 2014.

Interview Details – ask how to implement the DFS and BFS,ask the difference between tcp and udp

Software Development Engineer In Test (SDET) Interview

Software Development Engineer In Test (SDET)
UCLA, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Expedia in January 2014.

Interview Details – Met at the career fair. Got asked basic question about polymorphism and overloaded. got called in for an on campus interview the next day. Got asked what sort of technology I want to work with and went straight to the technical interview. My interviewer was kind of rude and interrupted me a lot, before I could elaborate or answer a question fully.

Interview Question – reverse a linked list. how to test if an app service will run <100mbps 99% of the time   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Expedia