Expedia

Average Difficulty
283 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Software Development Engineer In Test (SDET) Interview

Software Development Engineer In Test (SDET)
UCLA, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Expedia in January 2014.

Interview Details – Met at the career fair. Got asked basic question about polymorphism and overloaded. got called in for an on campus interview the next day. Got asked what sort of technology I want to work with and went straight to the technical interview. My interviewer was kind of rude and interrupted me a lot, before I could elaborate or answer a question fully.

Interview Question – reverse a linked list. how to test if an app service will run <100mbps 99% of the time   Answer Question

Software Development Intern Interview

Software Development Intern

Interviewed at Expedia

Interview Details – Got called for an interview after stopping by their booth at a university career fair. Went to the interview.

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected, asked some questions about how the web worked. Asked how to reverse a linked list. Asked to design a task manager.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Bellevue, WA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Expedia in January 2014.

Interview Details – Internal referral, contacted by a recruiter almost immediately. First round phone interview with a developer (typing code into a google doc). Phone interviewer specifically asked me to code in C++, which was unusual since I indicated my preference was Java.

One week later was asked to fly out for an onsite interview (expenses paid). Four interviewers, 45 minutes each.

Interview Question – Surprisingly got some pointer math and C++ syntax that I wasn't prepared for.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Compensation, team

Internal Auditor Interview

Internal Auditor
Bellevue, WA

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Expedia in August 2013.

Interview Details – I do not have anything positive to say about the experience or two of the people who did the interviewing. It is extremely unfortunate as I believe Expedia is a great company. I will not apply there again based on the negative experience I had.

Interview Question – If you were any kind of animal, what kind of animal would you be?
I am sorry, but this question was just bizarre in every way imaginable.
  View Answer

Software Engineer Internship Interview

Software Engineer Internship

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Expedia.

Interview Details – Ask difference between Java and C++

Interview Question – No difficult question   Answer Question

Software Engineer Internship Interview

Software Engineer Internship

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Expedia.

Interview Details – interviewer went over my resume first and asked some questions related to it. Then asked java/c language concepts like what's polymorphism, what's virtual function, what is the difference between compile time error and run time error. Then gave me a simple coding question at the end

Interview Question – what's a virtual function - haven't learned yet   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer Interview

Software Development Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Expedia in November 2013.

Interview Details – I applied through university recruiting. I had an on-campus technical interview. After 3days, I was invited for a full loop interview at the company location. The full loop had 5 rounds of interview, all of which were technical white board coding. The technical questions focused on data structures, algorithms, design patterns, behavioral questions and testing. I was interviewed in November 2013 and the process took 3 weeks. After the full loop interview, the result was informed in three days.

The whole process was neat, smooth and challenging!

Interview Question – Be thorough with data structures!   View Answer

Software Development Engineer I Interview

Software Development Engineer I

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Expedia.

Interview Details – HR contact - one technical phone interview - onsite interview (5-6 people)

Interview Question – Most of them is basic linked list, tree, array questions   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

QA Engineer Interview

QA Engineer
Bellevue, WA

I applied through a staffing agency and interviewed at Expedia.

Interview Details – I had an initial phone screening by HR, followed by a phone interview with one manager and then was asked to interview in person. The in-person interview was 4-5 successive 1-hour interviews. This covered both technical questions, test concepts and inter-personal questions. There was a period of 5-10 minutes between interviews when I believe interviewers conferred to determine whether the candidate would continue in the interview process. I felt the interview was professional and my performance met expectations.

Interview Question – In the first interview, the application architecture was explained and diagrammed on a whiteboard. That was all that was said regarding it during that interview; the diagram was erased at the end of that interview. The next interviewer came in and asked me to diagram the application architecture. I was able to recall approximately 90%. I felt this demonstrated whether the candidate listens, learns quickly and is able to comprehend the level of complexity of Expedia's test environments.   View Answer

Hotel Associate Interview

Hotel Associate
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Expedia in December 2013.

Interview Details – Overall, it was a positive experience and I was surprised at how quickly they responded. I submitted my application online on a Monday and got an email from the recruiter on Wednesday. After that, she called to tell me a little more about the position. Then she arranged a 30-minute phone interview with the hiring manager, who explained the position further and asked me a few qualifying questions.

The week after, I got a follow up call from the recruiter once more to tell me I made it to the next round, so we scheduled a face-to-face marathon interview for the following week. I went into the office and spoke to five people over four hours. Each interviewer had a specific focus, like "Can you do the job? Can you sell? Will you fit in?" etc.

The following week, the recruiter followed up with me and I had passed through to the third round, which was a phone interview with the Vice President. This was the most difficult part of the interview for me, it lasted approximately 30 minutes and his focus seemed to be "Are you a risk?"

Follow up after was not so efficient since it was the holidays by now. After emailing the recruiter after a two-week break, I discovered that they selected another candidate.

Interview Question – Where do you see the company taking you? What kind of role are you developing into? It's a tough product to sell, can you do it?   Answer Question