Expedia Interview Questions in London, England

2.9

16 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Senior Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Expedia in March 2012.

Not the most comprehensive interview process. Felt like I had to interject to even get a word in, which was quite strange if I'm entirely honest. That said, i did feel valued throughout he process and I enjoy working here.

Junior Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Expedia.

Gave the first round of interview few days back, general HR stuff...
    Have not heard back yet. Was told that I would be informed about the outcome in the following week. Have written to the recruiter seeking the results .. no luck hearing back yet

Interview Questions
    • The first round constituted mostly of behavioral questions...   Answer Question

Senior Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Expedia in October 2012.

It has been very easy going, a first contact by phone, then a single technical interview with two different people. The interview has included a discussion about my current positon, describe the architecture of it. Then a TDD exercise very interesting one indeed. The people was very friendly

Interview Questions
    • It has been easy going, there was no unexpected question.   Answer Question

Senior Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Expedia in July 2013.

After applying via Linkedin and sending over my CV, I had a quick phone call with one of their Hiring Managers. It was a very short call focusing on my current role.
    A week later I met the person who was leaving the position I applied for. We went through my CV, he asked more detailed questions about my skills set and what I would bring to the company. He was very relaxed and approachable.
    I received feedback a few days later and was invited again to meet with the rest of the marketing team. As I was currently working, the HR team was kind and flexible enough to fit all my interviews in one day. I then had 1-hour interviews with people I would work with, report to and members from other teams. The beauty of this is that you get asked questions from people with a different background and got the job explained from different angles. A real 360 job interview. No tricky questions and a few behavioural (what would do you do in that case..) focused problem solving questions.
    Overall I had a very positive experience even if I didn’t get the job I applied for. The HR team is by far the most responsive I’ve ever seen. Your questions get answered within 24 hours and they don’t keep you waiting and stressing over the next round of interviews. After the final stage, I received a one page long email including feedback from every single person I met a few days before summarizing what they thought of my skills and how I came across as a candidate. I find it super useful.

Interview Questions
    • What brand would you be?
      How would you implement a marketing campaign across several countries?
        Answer Question

Senior Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Expedia in July 2013.

Six interviews. First was a screening call with HR (about why Expedia, why the role, why me etc. - very general & easy); next was a 1-on-1 with the hiring manager (a bit of overlap with HR & the rest was behavioural); next was a day of 4 interviews with peers & other executives & the hiring manager (again). Next round a mixed bag with some behavioural, some technical & some business case type questions. In general not tough. Got a good sense of company & culture but not of the role as there seemed to be mixed views of it. Tried clarifying that during interview.

HR is completely useless. Had to chase several times for feedback after each round. And finally, didn't get ANY feedback after final round. None till this date. AWFUL really.

Interview Questions
    • How would you build a business case for automating certain marketing tasks?   Answer Question

ECommerce Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Expedia.

Thorough but fast, it consisted of four interviews each of an hour in a single day. Communication was strong throughout and an offer made very quickly. The interviews were tough but fair and the end result was a great place to work.

Interview Questions
    • Being pushed on a process as it existed here and forced to question whether the process I was currently using was incorrect   Answer Question

Senior Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Expedia in December 2010.

Initial discussion with recruiter.
    One hour discussion with hiring manager: CV background plus case studies using current examples of business challenges.
    Four one-hour interviews with potential future colleagues, covering previous experience.
    Four 30-minute phone interviews with US-based colleagues, again covering previous experience.

Expedia has many MBA/ former consulting staff, so for leadership positions structured analytic skills are highly valued.

Interview Questions
    • Should Expedia launch a 'Daily Deals' offer?   Answer Question
    • How would you drive further growth in the dynamic package business?   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Expedia in March 2012.

I wouldnt say it was easy. The questions were very straight forward. But the tricky part was the expression on the interviewers faces. Wow! You couldnt tel if they were impressed or not. After the interview I felt I could have done better.

Interview Questions
    • Gave me a scenario where I have to convert a business oppor to feature and explain it to the developers.   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Expedia in November 2012.

Initial interview process was mostly standard, a phone interview followed with face to face interview with 2 devs, product & dev managers. Some questions were based on experience on resume while there were few to check general programming competency. Interestingly there was no coding exercise. Last round was an informal lunch interview, which turned out to unexpectedly bring out the unprofessional side of the interviewers.

Market Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Expedia in February 2013.

I had a first interview with an HR consultant asking general questions about my sales experience and a few questions about account management and negotiation. After a couple of hours I received an email confirming I passed the first stage and I was requested to attend another phone interview with one of the managers. It could have been a manager from any department at any of Expedia offices worldwide. My interview was scheduled at 7.30am and lasted 30 minutes. I was asked to provide more negotiation examples and therewere similar questions to the first interview but with more details required.
    I was informed by the recruiter that pen paper and calculator could have been necessary however none of the questions asked required any of these.
    I passed the second interview and I was informed on the same day that I had been selected for a face to face interview with a senior manager at Expedia London. The interview lasted one hour.
    I was asked several questions about staff management and team performance assessment. Questions about a situation where I performed beyond expectations. Question about a particular project I managed delivering excellent results.

Interview Questions
    • At the second phone interview: are you holding a pen in your hand? Sell it to me.   View Answer

Worked for Expedia? Contribute to the Community!