Expedia

Getting the Interview

3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Expedia in January 2013.

Interview Details – The interview process was 3 stages - initial screening call, Manager interview over the phone, and in person interview with 4 separate interviewers. The final session was 4 hours. Questions ranged from analytic to sales specific, and the final 4 round interviews was very intense. The interviewers were nice and made me feel comfortable, but that did not ease the nerves as I was interviewing with very high up individuals.

Interview Question – How many airplanes are currently flying over Dallas?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Yes, I was able to negotiate a higher salary.

Very Difficult Interview

Dallas, TX

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Expedia in April 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online and used my Linked In profile to apply. Within days, I noticed a recruiter from the company viewed my profile. I was contacted via email to set up my first phone interview. I had my FIRST phone interview. It lasted about 35 minutes and was the generic HR prescreen. The recruiter spoke mostly about what the position called for with a HEAVY HEAVY stress on sales which is a different feel from the posted job description. She scheduled me for a second phone interview which was later rescheduled by the interviewer because she was under the weather. That second phone interview lasted about 50-60 minutes. You are put totally on the spot to provide a role play situation of what you would do if the position was yours. Super uncomfortable and unexpected but I fought through it. Apparently, it well as they scheduled me for an in person interview for 3 hours at their office with 3 different people.

Interview Question – Which famous person do you most look up to? Weird? Just me? Ok   View Answer

Market Associate Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Expedia.

Interview Details – Online application, phone screening, phone interviews, in person interviews..

Interview Question – Describe a situation in which you are presenting to directors and your boss makes an incorrect statement. How would you handle it?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Expedia

Worked for Expedia? Contribute to the Community!

Expedia Videos

Expedia – Why Work for Us?

Why Expedia? Because mornings are the best when you love your job. At Expedia, Inc. we are passionate about travel and revolutionizing it through the power of technology. Across the globe, our family of brands makes… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Expedia Market Associate interview questions and advice. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by Expedia employees and interview candidates.