Expedia

Updated Jan 14, 2015

3.9

12 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Market Associate Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Expedia.

I was recruited through LinkedIn. I had two interviews with recruiters and 3 interviews with senior management. They call you back really fast, but job description is very vague and you really have no idea what you will be doing until you start the job. Some personality questions and lots of skill questions. They were very accommodating on interview time. I was living in another city at that time so all "in person" interviews were conducted in Skype, with the exception of the last one where the senior manager happened to be in the city.

Interview Questions
  • How would you approach a top earning hotel whose RMD has been decreasing dramatically year over year?   Answer Question
Not much room to negotiate on salary, but I did got a signing bonus. Benefits non negotiable but it's on par with market.

Other Interview Reviews for Expedia

Market Associate Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Expedia.

I went through three interviews. First a screen phone call, had about three questions about revenue management like revpar. Second was a Skype interview with the regional director, pretty standard questions. Third interview was in person at their office. The interview was an hour and was only role play involving sales type questions. I was able to answer most of the questions asked but some where hard to answer solely because I've never been in a market associate position. I didn't like how the interview was only role play for an hour, it doesn't give an accurate picture of the position or my skills.

From start to finish the interview process took over a month.

Market Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Expedia in August 2014.

Entire process took about a month (from submitting application until offer was accepted).
    I received a an initial email from a hiring recruiter out of their main office stating that he would like to schedule an initial phone interview/screening with me. I scheduled it for the following day which was on a Thursday. It lasted about half an hour and they simply wanted to get an idea about my hotel experience, nothing too technical or complicated. The phone screen went over very well and I was contacted within an hour of it being over to schedule my "technical interview" the following day via Skype. This, in my opinion was the most difficult interview as they ask you questions that require you to be creative with your answers. There was also some role-playing, which I could tell was used to see how I would react to certain situations on the spot and to see your personality. This one lasted about an hour. She said not to be surprised if I didn't hear back from Expedia for 1-2 weeks as the process does take a while. I was eventually interviewed by three more people at the main Dallas office, each higher up in the company. All interviews went over very well and I was called for a verbal offer only a few days after the in-person interviews. The company is full of very smart and creative people, and it is very obvious that they are looking for sharp, young innovative people with a great sense of determination. I was able to have a one-on-one chat with a person in the position in which I was applying for and asked him how he liked his job and he had nothing but great things to say about the company. It was very good to hear considering he had been with the company for almost two years and was in the process of moving for a promotion (another great sign since he said they promote from within). The Dallas office was beautiful and everyone was working hard, however they all were SMILING. This is always a great sign of a company since interviewing is a two way street! Be warned, you must do your homework if you want to interview with this company as it is not easy!

Interview Questions
    • If I told you there were 150 new hotels that weren't partnered with Expedia in the (insert city name here), how would you go about finding out each hotel, along withe detailed informations of each?   Answer Question
    I was extremely happy with the offer that I was given. The base salary was more than I expected, and I was offered a very nice signing bonus on top of that!

Market Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Expedia in September 2014.

Sent in a resume for a pre screen through a college recruiting site. Had a phone interview and in an person interview within 24 hours of each other. The interview was very good. The person conducting the interview was kind and laid back. I felt immersed in the culture of the company and comfortable to answer questions in an honest way.

Interview Questions
    • "Being such a strong leader, do you think you will get bored with our company as a follower?"   Answer Question

Market Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Expedia.

I applied online for a DC position, and had a first round phone interview. Immediately after the phone interview, I was told the DC position had been filled, but they wanted to consider me for other locations. I then had several more phone interviews for different locations, before going out to the Dallas office and having four in-person interviews. Was notified a week later about the outcome.

Interview Questions
    • Who is a historical figure you look up to?
      If this wall was a brick wall, and you were a brick, where would you be in the wall? What impact does this (your location) have on the wall as a whole?

Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Expedia in December 2013.

I was College Recruited. I talked to the person at a stand with the Expedia logo he then offered me an initial interview of 20-25 people. moved to next round of interviews with 2 others and flown to closest office in a different city. 5 Hours of Interviews with 5 different people regarding different topics of discussion.

Interview Questions
    • We run a 95% Hotel Occ. rate. why would we want to work with you?   View Answer
    College recruiter worked with me to get moving benefits and salary levels.

Market Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Expedia.

Online application, phone screening, phone interviews, in person interviews..

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation in which you are presenting to directors and your boss makes an incorrect statement. How would you handle it?   Answer Question
    No negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Expedia in April 2013.

I applied online and used my Linked In profile to apply. Within days, I noticed a recruiter from the company viewed my profile. I was contacted via email to set up my first phone interview. I had my FIRST phone interview. It lasted about 35 minutes and was the generic HR prescreen. The recruiter spoke mostly about what the position called for with a HEAVY HEAVY stress on sales which is a different feel from the posted job description. She scheduled me for a second phone interview which was later rescheduled by the interviewer because she was under the weather. That second phone interview lasted about 50-60 minutes. You are put totally on the spot to provide a role play situation of what you would do if the position was yours. Super uncomfortable and unexpected but I fought through it. Apparently, it well as they scheduled me for an in person interview for 3 hours at their office with 3 different people.

Interview Questions
    • Which famous person do you most look up to? Weird? Just me? Ok   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Expedia in January 2013.

The interview process was 3 stages - initial screening call, Manager interview over the phone, and in person interview with 4 separate interviewers. The final session was 4 hours. Questions ranged from analytic to sales specific, and the final 4 round interviews was very intense. The interviewers were nice and made me feel comfortable, but that did not ease the nerves as I was interviewing with very high up individuals.

Interview Questions
    Yes, I was able to negotiate a higher salary.

Market Associate Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Expedia in September 2011.

6 Face-to-face interview, 1 phone screen interview. Plan to spend an entire day doing interviews back-to-back. Some of them are definitely more challenging than others, but overall, fairly easy questions. There may be a component where someone asks you to demonstrate your Excel skills, so be prepared to discuss and possibly demonstrate.

Always attempt to negotiate, however, they are not likely to give you more than what is offered