Expedia Market Manager Interview Questions

Updated May 23, 2015

2.9

Market Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Expedia in November 2014.

Interview

I submitted my resume online and it was a few weeks after until I heard back. I then had a phone interview with a recruiter from their home office mid-week. She followed up and scheduled a second phone interview with another manager on the following Monday. Shortly there after I was asked to meet with their team in person. I met with them twice in their offices. Everyone was outgoing and friendly. I met with several different team members and each had their own different questions and styles of interview.

Interview Questions

• They asked many questions that were originally used by Microsoft. How would you sell hot chocolate to a guest in Las Vegas in July; why are manholes round?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Expedia

Market Manager Interview

Interview

Got an email from HR, and the process (until the final round of interviews) took about 3 weeks. First interview is a screening call from HR, followed by a skype call by a manager, then a face to face interview with the hiring manager. Only during the last interview I was informed about requirements of the position that were not listed on the job description posted on Expedia Jobs website

Marketing Manager Interview

Interview

Several rounds of in-person interviews

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Expedia (Bellevue, WA) in February 2012.

Interview

Started with a face to face interview, then they fly you out to their headquarters in Washington or Texas and you have a day full of interviews, afterwards you have a Skype interview.

Interview Questions

• How would you get the census of all the skis in the united states   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Expedia (Bellevue, WA) in July 2010.

Interview

I interviewed with seven people. Some interviews were 1 hour some were 30 minutes. The interviewer's skill levels were varied amonth the group. All were kind. Some just wanted to "chit chat" others had clear objectives for the interview. I twas good that i had studied up on the company and product as I was asked specific "what would you recommend in this situation" kinds of questions.

Interview Questions

• What do you think is the unique selling proposition for the product?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Very little negotiating. I tried.

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Expedia (Las Vegas, NV) in July 2010.

Interview

the interview was great. the interviewer asked your typical questions and was very knowledgable. However, I did not get a good feel for the company and decided to decline the offer. The compensation was there as Expedia is obviously a large company, however like I said I did not get the warm fuzzy feeling.

Interview Questions

• What would you do with a black rock and a piece of glass?   1 Answer

Market Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Athens (Greece)

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Expedia (Athens (Greece)) in May 2015.

Interview

I Sent the cv through Expedia site, got a mail asking when I would be available for a phone interview within 2 days. Arranged the interview, which lasted almost 30 min. I was then informed about the outcome within the next 3 working days.

Market Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stockholm, Stockholm (Sweden)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Expedia (Stockholm, Stockholm (Sweden)) in February 2015.

Interview

Hiring process was very chaotic, a real annoyance!

Applied beginning of December and did not hear anything from Expedia, despite following up on several occasions by e-mail and phone, until end of January. Nobody could tell me who is responsible for the hiring process and even the person, who posted the ad on LinkedIn was totally clueless at what stage the hiring process was or who was responsible for the recruitment.

After about 6 weeks - ok, I have to be fair and have to mention that the Christmas and new years holidays were during this time - I received an e-mail from a recruiter (for the sake being able to follow this messy story, let's call her "recruiter A") over LinkedIn, approaching me for a job at Expedia, that she was hiring for. I mentioned in my reply, that I applied for another job already and maybe she could help me with getting in touch with the correct person.

Shortly after that I received an e-mail from another recruiter (let's call this one "recruiter B"), who wanted to have a brief telephone screening with me. As I was not available at the proposed time I asked for another appointment.

Before recruiter B could answer with a new date and time I received an e-mail from recruiter A, telling me, that my skills were not matching the job description and she would not proceed with my application.

The next day I open my inbox, only to find a new appointment proposal from recruiter B for the telephone screening. I answer her e-mail and let her know that recruiter A already said, that they would not take my application into consideration anymore.Already being quite upset with the obvious chaos in their recruitment department, I asked recruiter B to talk to recruiter A in order to figure out, what is up with my application.

Quickly after my last e-mail I received clarification: Recruiter B was actually not hiring for the position I applied to, but a totally different position in a totally different location - she never mentioned that before. In my answer I explain to her, that I am neither interested in the other position nor the other location and that recruiter A should get in touch with me to let me know if she still wanted to talk to me - keep in mind, that recruiter A already said, she would not continue with my application.

Next thing is an e-mail from recruiter A inviting me for a telephone screening with a proposed date and time. Since I was not available that time I answer recruiter A with general time frames that I am available. Next appointment proposal from recruiter A is outside these time frames. I answer her, that I am not available and refer to my last e-mail and the given times I am available. Next proposal worked for me - took only (what seemed like) 27 e-mails to find a date for a bloody telephone screening.

Telephone screening was OK. Was supposed to take 10-15 minutes, took 45 minutes!
    General questions about my career (asked myself numerous times "did she even read my CV?!"). and my previous experience. General questions about skills and how they would benefit Expedia and the position I was applying to. Nothing too difficult. She mentioned that she was uncertain about my language skills and also said openly, that this might be a problem.

Interview Questions

• How will Expedia benefit from your skills and expertise?
      How do your skills and experience match the position you applied to?

Answer Question

Market Manager Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Expedia.

Interview

The opening interview by the recruitement manager was really cold and without any relevance to the particular role. I felt uncomfortable. But the second interview with the hiring manager was great and very kind.

Market Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at Expedia.

Interview

Applied through job posting on linkedin.com, within a few days received a call from a recruiter in Hong Kong to setup the first telephone interview with a HR specialist based in Singapore. There's an opportunity to discuss work experiences during first interview, which was quite broad. Subsequent interviews were more focused on key competencies for the job. I would suggest you study them in the job description and be able to give real-world examples.

Interview Questions

• What skills do you have that will contribute to your success in this role?   Answer Question