Expedia

Updated Dec 10, 2014

3.1

11 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Market Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Expedia in November 2014.

I submitted my resume online and it was a few weeks after until I heard back. I then had a phone interview with a recruiter from their home office mid-week. She followed up and scheduled a second phone interview with another manager on the following Monday. Shortly there after I was asked to meet with their team in person. I met with them twice in their offices. Everyone was outgoing and friendly. I met with several different team members and each had their own different questions and styles of interview.

Interview Questions
  • They asked many questions that were originally used by Microsoft. How would you sell hot chocolate to a guest in Las Vegas in July; why are manholes round?   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Expedia

Market Manager Interview

Got an email from HR, and the process (until the final round of interviews) took about 3 weeks. First interview is a screening call from HR, followed by a skype call by a manager, then a face to face interview with the hiring manager. Only during the last interview I was informed about requirements of the position that were not listed on the job description posted on Expedia Jobs website

Marketing Manager Interview

Several rounds of in-person interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Expedia in February 2012.

Started with a face to face interview, then they fly you out to their headquarters in Washington or Texas and you have a day full of interviews, afterwards you have a Skype interview.

Interview Questions
    • How would you get the census of all the skis in the united states   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Expedia in July 2010.

I interviewed with seven people. Some interviews were 1 hour some were 30 minutes. The interviewer's skill levels were varied amonth the group. All were kind. Some just wanted to "chit chat" others had clear objectives for the interview. I twas good that i had studied up on the company and product as I was asked specific "what would you recommend in this situation" kinds of questions.

Interview Questions
    • What do you think is the unique selling proposition for the product?   Answer Question
    Very little negotiating. I tried.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Expedia in July 2010.

the interview was great. the interviewer asked your typical questions and was very knowledgable. However, I did not get a good feel for the company and decided to decline the offer. The compensation was there as Expedia is obviously a large company, however like I said I did not get the warm fuzzy feeling.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do with a black rock and a piece of glass?   View Answer

Market Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Expedia.

The opening interview by the recruitement manager was really cold and without any relevance to the particular role. I felt uncomfortable. But the second interview with the hiring manager was great and very kind.

Market Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at Expedia.

Applied through job posting on linkedin.com, within a few days received a call from a recruiter in Hong Kong to setup the first telephone interview with a HR specialist based in Singapore. There's an opportunity to discuss work experiences during first interview, which was quite broad. Subsequent interviews were more focused on key competencies for the job. I would suggest you study them in the job description and be able to give real-world examples.

Interview Questions
    • What skills do you have that will contribute to your success in this role?   Answer Question

Market Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Expedia in February 2013.

I had a first interview with an HR consultant asking general questions about my sales experience and a few questions about account management and negotiation. After a couple of hours I received an email confirming I passed the first stage and I was requested to attend another phone interview with one of the managers. It could have been a manager from any department at any of Expedia offices worldwide. My interview was scheduled at 7.30am and lasted 30 minutes. I was asked to provide more negotiation examples and therewere similar questions to the first interview but with more details required.
    I was informed by the recruiter that pen paper and calculator could have been necessary however none of the questions asked required any of these.
    I passed the second interview and I was informed on the same day that I had been selected for a face to face interview with a senior manager at Expedia London. The interview lasted one hour.
    I was asked several questions about staff management and team performance assessment. Questions about a situation where I performed beyond expectations. Question about a particular project I managed delivering excellent results.

Interview Questions
    • At the second phone interview: are you holding a pen in your hand? Sell it to me.   View Answer

Marketing Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Expedia in June 2009.

I applied online through a recruting company. I didn't hear anything back for ages and then all of a sudden after approximately 3 weeks of silence I get a call that the HR manager wants to have a phone interview with me the next day. Interview was about 30 minutes. I was asked the basic questions- what my experience is, how i added value in each of my jobs, what my ideal job is. The interview ended well, meaning I got the impression that there would be a next step since the HR person told me about the next steps and that we would be in touch soon. A week later, no response, so I follow up with the recruiter only to hear that they said I didn't have the experience they were looking for.