Expedia

Relevance Date Difficulty

Program Manager Interview

Program Manager

Interviewed at Expedia

Interview Details – Great people. Friendly and helpful. Sensible interview questions. Mainly look for fit and potential for learning and adapting.

Interview Question – General case related, technical problem solving, analytical thinking.   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Program Manager Interview

Program Manager
Bellevue, WA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Expedia in July 2011.

Interview Details – I saw the posting for the Expedia position on Monster. The initial application was my resume and cover letter. I was contacted by a recruiter by e-mail who asked me to provide an initial employment and self-assessment of my skills in preparation for a phone interview. The phone interview itself was scheduled for 30 minutes but lasted 45. The focus of the call was in assessing my experience as a PM with SW dev, as well as general questions focused on ascertaining my ability to think on my feet as well as my technical background.

I was contacted the next day by the recruiter to set up an on-site interview. A week and a half later a interviewed with five individuals, all individually, at the Bellevue office. The focus of these interviews ranged from handling deadlines to functional specs. Everyone was very honest about challenges in the position, their own personal expectations for the position, and their view of the team. There were very few of the standard cliche interview questions with a heavy emphasis on understanding my methodology as a PM. The interview process took about five hours.

I was contacted by the recruiter two business days later and told that they were very happy with my interview and that the team would like to bring me on board. We reviewed Expedia's benefits and my target salary range. I was contacted by the recruiter the next week to say that there was some paperwork that had to be done, but that I could expect an offer. A week later I received the offer.

Interview Question – Assume that this box is the Amazon warehouse floor. Design an optimal layout for the warehouse.   View Answer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at Expedia

Worked for Expedia? Contribute to the Community!

Expedia Videos

Expedia – Why Work for Us?

Why Expedia? Because mornings are the best when you love your job. At Expedia, Inc. we are passionate about travel and revolutionizing it through the power of technology. Across the globe, our family of brands makes… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Expedia Program Manager interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Expedia employees and interview candidates.