Expedia

Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales Agent Interview

Sales Agent
Springfield, MO

I applied through other source and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Expedia in January 2011.

Interview Details – Went to a job fair where we were instructed to bring a resume with us. There was a very very large amount of people at job fair. Job fair was at a hotel. We were instructed to fill out a questionnaire about our computer skills while we waited.
People were called in one group at a time to hand resumes over, give basic information about self to line of people at a table taking resumes, our questionnaires and anything else we had for them and then be seated while we wait for first interviewer to talk to us.
First interview asked us basic questions like why we want to work there, what we thought about the job, odd hours to start out with and whatnot.
If they like you then you move to next room for a second interview where you were tested on computer skills and asked similar questions as the first interview just more in-depth.
If you made it past second interviewer you were led back up to people at front and scheduled for a third interview within the following few days.
By this time they narrowed the thousand of applicants from job fair down to about 20.
You are then either asked to listen to a few calls so you understand the type of work involved and asked to fill out an application if they have decided to continue on with you...only about half of the 20 make it.
Then you are sent an email telling you how long until the next classes will be...they can be anywhere from a 4 to 6 weeks first email said.
I decided I wanted job so I waited. Next email said they were still very interested in moving forward with my application but it would be another month before classes were to start. This time I was given a class start date.
Almost all communication after interviews is done through email. The wait is long but they wont string you along if you don't have the job. So it is worth the wait if you can.
The place was very friendly and open and airy. Large flat screen tv's hung above the work stations, gourmet coffee and a cafe was also their making workers feel more comfortable. You could tell it was a very forward thinking company that treated workers great.
In these interviews I noticed the people who tended to move forward in interviewing process were very outgoing and energetic. I always joke and laugh during interviews, try to build a personal connection with the interviewer and it worked for me. I showed a passion for the type of work and talked about how I planned multiple vacations and moves throughout the years.
If you don't have travel experience talk about how you always wanted to travel and have looked at tickets and costs online all the time just for fun. That is what I did before I was able to travel.
I think to work for this company an interest in people and their cultures and different places is a must.

Interview Question – In order to be a good sales person what are three things you must have knowledge of.   Answer Question

Sales Agent Interview

Sales Agent

The process took a day - interviewed at Expedia in July 2011.

Interview Details – Looking for a new career, decided to apply online on their site. Did a profile test online, and received a call. Did 2 1:1's, and then a listening test. I'm awaiting a call within the next 24 to 48 hours. Was apprehensive about a call center job again, but this place and the interview process were both fun and interesting. I'm truly excited about the potential opportunity!

Interview Question – None. All questions were genuine, and you should really just be yourself here.   Answer Question

Worked for Expedia? Contribute to the Community!