Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Expedia
- Software Development Engineer (20)
- Software Engineer (18)
- Market Associate (18)
- Software Development Engineer II (16)
- Software Development Engineer In Test (SDET) (12)
- Associate Market Manager (11)
- Market Manager (10)
- Product Manager (9)
- Fraud Analyst (8)
- Senior Software Engineer (8)
- Software Development Engineer I (6)
- Concierge (6)
- Database Developer (5)
- Sales Agent (5)
- Senior Product Manager (5)
- Senior Program Manager (5)
- Lodging Operations Agent (5)
- Lodging Content Associate (5)
- Business Analyst (4)
- Lodging Support Agent (4)
- Senior Software Development Engineer (4)
- Software Development Manager (4)
- Senior Software Development Engineer In Test (SDET) (4)
- Project Manager (4)
- Senior Financial Analyst (4)
- Executive Assistant (3)
- Software Development Engineer Intern (3)
- Senior Account Manager (3)
- Network Engineer (3)
- Program Manager (3)
Senior Business Analyst Interview
I applied online. The process took 1 day – interviewed at Expedia in December 2011.
I applied online and received an email stating the Recruiter would like to speak with me. We set up some time to discuss my qualifications and when he called, he was actually interested in interviewing me of a different position.
The interview went well and he clearly stated the next steps (of following up with the hiring manager) and that I should hear from him by the end of that week.
...it's the end of January and I'm still "waiting" (although I've already assumed they went with another candidate).
My advice to the Recruiters is to follow up with the candidate in a timely manner whatever the outcome is. People do not like to be left hanging out there to make their own assumptions and we don't want to keep emailing someone asking what the status is.
- Typical first interview questions: describe your experience, etc. etc. 1 Answer
Other Interview Reviews for Expedia
Senior Business Analyst InterviewNo OfferNegative ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied online. The process took 1 day – interviewed at Expedia in May 2010.
The job description was extremely vague in terms of the requirements - they really wanted to have a number cruncher, however, the position description suggested the senior business analyst would be an individual who liaised with different segments of the company and external suppliers. They should have clearly stated that SQL and other specific database query experience was required for the position. It was a positive experience in terms of politeness of the inteviewers. I did a round of 3 different interviews lasting approximately 40 minutes each - perhaps the problem was the recruiter who selected me for the interview. I was very disappointed to have wasted so much time preparing and interviewing when they did not describe the position accurately.