Expedia Senior Director Interview Questions

2.7

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bellevue, WA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Expedia in November 2013.

Initial communication was an informal discussion with the hiring manager, then contact with the company's executive recruiter. Over the next week, conversations were scheduled with 6 people, including 4 people who reported directly to the hiring manager, one peer of the hiring manager and one employee who would report to the position I applied for.

All along the way, the Exec Recruiter was in-touch to inquire how the process was going for me, and to ensure that I was still interested, and that nothing I learned was causing me to have second thoughts.

Throughout the process, the interviewers were very candid about feedback, which was refreshing and helpful in preparing for the next few conversations.

After the initial gauntlet of 6, I again spoke with the hiring manger, who let me know I would next interview with additional peers of his and his boss.

It was a very thorough and detailed process, and given my tenure with the company, not the first 'loop' I had been through. The results and overall experience were positive.

Interview Questions
  • One of the interviews asked me what the 'first principle' of the problem space was. I had truly never given it thought in those terms before, so it took me a while to come up with an answer. Thankfully, the interviewer was eager to explain the principles of 'first principles' which definitely helped.   Answer Question
I was an internal candidate, so negotiation is very difficult given the very strict 'transfer' policies. I was able to negotiate a salary increase, which less than the promotion I applied for, but more than I expected once the promotion was taken off the table.

Other Interview Reviews for Expedia

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bellevue, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Expedia in April 2012.

I had an interview loop with 5 people. 1 Hr each. Very sophomoric interview questions. It seemed like I was being interviewed to educate the Expedia staff.

Initial low ball offer.

Senior Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Expedia in December 2010.

Initial discussion with recruiter.
    One hour discussion with hiring manager: CV background plus case studies using current examples of business challenges.
    Four one-hour interviews with potential future colleagues, covering previous experience.
    Four 30-minute phone interviews with US-based colleagues, again covering previous experience.

Expedia has many MBA/ former consulting staff, so for leadership positions structured analytic skills are highly valued.

Interview Questions
    • Should Expedia launch a 'Daily Deals' offer?   Answer Question
    • How would you drive further growth in the dynamic package business?   Answer Question

Worked for Expedia? Contribute to the Community!