Expedia

Getting the Interview

4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Program Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Expedia.

Interview Details – After a phone screening and a phone interview by team members, I took a day off from my current work to be interviewed at Expedia's HQ in Bellevue (5 hr long interview). One of the upper level managers came into the interview 20 minutes late for his 30 minutes allocated time. Looked something bad happened and asked me a hard copy of my resume. I am sorry, but I am a digital person and I don't print anything out. I apologized I did not print out my resume. He told me that I am not suitable for the role because I was not well prepared for the interview. And he left the room. He probably had a terrible day that day, but the way he treated me was unprofessional. Never expected to experience something like this at an online company. Nice recruiters who respect candidates though. I wasted my vacation day for this interview and I felt sorry for myself. Wasted vacation time = can't book a vacation at expedia!

Interview Question – Difficult and stressed out people who get mad at the fact they have to spend time to interview candidates.   Answer Question

Bellevue, WA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Expedia in November 2012.

Interview Details – Interviews go progressively higher in the food chain. I was interviewed by my peers, directors and a VP. Overall, an interesting process...exhaustive but interesting. The interviewers provided their unique perspective of their organizations. It's a group of passionate people without much of corporate bureaucracy. Process was very open - felt more like a discussion and an idea sharing session.

Interview Question – How many boats do you think are there in Lake Washington at any given time?   View Answer

Bellevue, WA

The process took 5 days - interviewed at Expedia in January 2012.

Interview Details – Phone Screen - once there to a group interview - 4 or 5 individual interviews either in one room, or go from office to office. All questions were situational - how would you handle a difficult situation, what was your best project etc... - nothing technical or too rough as long as you plan ahead.

Everyone was very nice and contrary to many reviews here - I found them totally organzied and well prepared for me.

No feedback whatsoever, despite the individuals saying they felt the interviews went well - I did not hear back from Expedia one way or the other - so if you interview and they dont make you an offer within a couple of days - assume they are not interested.

Interview Questions

Bellevue, WA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Expedia in November 2008.

Interview Details – It was a phone screen by the HR. They call me in for a face to face. The HR guys screens me again for an hour and puts me in an interview with seven people who screen me individually for seven hours!! So, the interview happens for eight hours in total and everyone seems happy. After the longweekend, I receive an email saying that they are interested and they want to extend an offer and then I was scheduled to go in and sign the offer on the Following week. I was getting ready to go and the HR emails me again saying that they position went on hold!!! This is weird!!!

Interview Question – Situational Based...how did you resolve problems related to Projects and people based   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Expedia

Worked for Expedia? Contribute to the Community!

Expedia Videos

Expedia – Why Work for Us?

Why Expedia? Because mornings are the best when you love your job. At Expedia, Inc. we are passionate about travel and revolutionizing it through the power of technology. Across the globe, our family of brands makes… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Expedia Senior Program Manager interview questions and advice. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by Expedia employees and interview candidates.