Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Expedia
- Market Associate (21)
- Software Development Engineer (21)
- Software Engineer (18)
- Software Development Engineer II (16)
- Software Development Engineer In Test (SDET) (13)
- Associate Market Manager (12)
- Market Manager (10)
- Fraud Analyst (9)
- Product Manager (9)
- Senior Software Engineer (8)
- Software Development Engineer I (6)
- Concierge (6)
- Sales Agent (5)
- Senior Product Manager (5)
- Senior Software Development Engineer (5)
- Senior Program Manager (5)
- Database Developer (5)
- Lodging Operations Agent (5)
- Lodging Content Associate (5)
- Business Analyst (4)
- Lodging Support Agent (4)
- Software Development Manager (4)
- Senior Software Development Engineer In Test (SDET) (4)
- Project Manager (4)
- Senior Financial Analyst (4)
- Director (3)
- Revenue Specialist (3)
- Software Design Engineer (3)
- Software Developer (3)
- Software Development Engineer Intern (3)
Senior Software Engineer Interview
Initial phone interview included online collaborative testing. Testing included programming problems mainly based on hashmaps, arrays and looping. The interviewer was friendly and considerate although I do not think they were actually a software engineer. The collaborative interview lasted 45 to 60 minutes. There was very little discussion on what the job included.
- How else could you populate the hashmap? Answer Question
Reasons for Declining
Other Interview Reviews for Expedia
Senior Software Engineer InterviewDeclined OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied online. The process took 5 days – interviewed at Expedia (Bellevue, WA) in October 2013.
telephonic interview followed by 3 rounds of onsite interview
- questions were normal and from standard boks Answer Question
Senior Software Engineer InterviewNo Offer
1 phone interview followed by onsite, questions were not that difficult.
- Lot of data structures and OOP questions. Not disclosing the questions because of NDA and i think its not fair to disclose. Answer Question
Senior Software Engineer InterviewDeclined OfferNeutral ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day – interviewed at Expedia (Bellevue, WA).
Silly little algorithm questions and no real-word problems.
Senior Software Engineer InterviewAccepted OfferAverage Interview
I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks – interviewed at Expedia (Bellevue, WA) in September 2012.
as usual IT company I interviewed before. No much difficult questions.
- serialize and reconstruct a binary tree 1 Answer
Senior Software Engineer InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week – interviewed at Expedia (New York, NY) in January 2010.
I wouldnt say it was easy. The questions were very straight forward.The interview process started with a phone screening by the hiring manager, lasted about 45 minutes, and included questions about my past experience and some basis technical questions
- write a function to find the K biggest elements in the array, and return the sum in linear time. 1 Answer
Senior Software Engineer InterviewDeclined OfferNegative ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week – interviewed at Expedia (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in October 2012.
Its hell. Worse interview experience i have ever gone through. Great Brand but worse in India. I reached there at morning but HR was not reached at office. After waiting 3 hour one person came and show me a cabin to sit. i sit there for around 1 more hour then a person came and taken interview then again i wait for around 2:30 hour and no one came to me for any further step. Finally i person came and schedule my second round. 9 Hours for 2 round, what the hell this is.....?
- non sense questions. I don't know what interviewer was expecting. He was even not fine audible. For me worse experience. 1 Answer
Reasons for Declining
worse company in india, u will waste yr time there and u will destroy your future.
Senior Software Engineer InterviewNo OfferNegative ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 2 weeks – interviewed at Expedia in August 2010.
HR emailed me asking to fill a simple form. I was suppose to fill the salary expected, visa status etc. 2 days later she scheduled the interview. it was schedules for 30 minutes but interviewer took 60 minutes. HR didnt replied for a week after the interview. A week later I sent her a reminder email. 2 days after that she sent a negative replay.
- write a program to check weather the input is palind.rome Answer Question
Is this helpful? The community relies on everyone sharing – Add Anonymous Interview Review