Expedia Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions

8 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Initial phone interview included online collaborative testing. Testing included programming problems mainly based on hashmaps, arrays and looping. The interviewer was friendly and considerate although I do not think they were actually a software engineer. The collaborative interview lasted 45 to 60 minutes. There was very little discussion on what the job included.

Different offer

Other Interview Reviews for Expedia

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Expedia in October 2013.

telephonic interview followed by 3 rounds of onsite interview

Senior Software Engineer Interview

1 phone interview followed by onsite, questions were not that difficult.

Interview Questions
    • Lot of data structures and OOP questions. Not disclosing the questions because of NDA and i think its not fair to disclose.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Expedia.

Silly little algorithm questions and no real-word problems.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Expedia in September 2012.

as usual IT company I interviewed before. No much difficult questions.

Interview Questions
    • serialize and reconstruct a binary tree   View Answer
    1 round

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Expedia in January 2010.

I wouldnt say it was easy. The questions were very straight forward.The interview process started with a phone screening by the hiring manager, lasted about 45 minutes, and included questions about my past experience and some basis technical questions

Interview Questions
    • write a function to find the K biggest elements in the array, and return the sum in linear time.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Expedia in October 2012.

Its hell. Worse interview experience i have ever gone through. Great Brand but worse in India. I reached there at morning but HR was not reached at office. After waiting 3 hour one person came and show me a cabin to sit. i sit there for around 1 more hour then a person came and taken interview then again i wait for around 2:30 hour and no one came to me for any further step. Finally i person came and schedule my second round. 9 Hours for 2 round, what the hell this is.....?

Interview Questions
    • non sense questions. I don't know what interviewer was expecting. He was even not fine audible. For me worse experience.   View Answer

worse company in india, u will waste yr time there and u will destroy your future.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Expedia in August 2010.

HR emailed me asking to fill a simple form. I was suppose to fill the salary expected, visa status etc. 2 days later she scheduled the interview. it was schedules for 30 minutes but interviewer took 60 minutes. HR didnt replied for a week after the interview. A week later I sent her a reminder email. 2 days after that she sent a negative replay.

Interview Questions
    • write a program to check weather the input is palind.rome   Answer Question