Expedia Software Development Engineer I Interview Questions & Reviews
Getting an Interview
- Popular Job Titles:
- Software Engineer (11)
- Software Development Engineer (10)
- Software Development Engineer In Test (SDET) (10)
- Software Development Engineer II (9)
- Senior Software Engineer (8)
- Product Manager (8)
- Market Associate (6)
- Market Manager (5)
- Senior Program Manager (5)
- Senior Product Manager (5)
- Project Manager (4)
- Senior Software Development Engineer In Test (SDET) (4)
- Database Developer (4)
- Program Manager (3)
- Concierge (3)
- Business Analyst (3)
- Senior Financial Analyst (3)
- Software Engineer In Test I (3)
- Software Development Manager (3)
- Senior Software Development Engineer (3)
- Marketing Manager (3)
- Fraud Analyst (3)
- Software Development Engineer I (3)
- Software Development Engineer Intern (3)
- Senior Director (3)
- Systems Engineer II (3)
- Software Developer (3)
- Revenue Specialist (2)
- Senior Business Analyst (2)
- Test Manager (2)
Software Development Engineer I Interview (Positive Experience; Easy Interview)
I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Expedia in May 2014.
Interview Details – The hiring process was very simple and straight forward. I had a phone screen interview and then called onsite for four one-one interview. The interviews was very simple. all related to Java and web concepts and few white board questions. I had interviewed with 4 different teams.
One of the interviewer was very friendly, he made sure that I was comfortable and if I had to take a break. On the other side.
one other interviewer was asking me strange questions, I am not sure if he was prepared with all the questions. While I was answering the questions,he was doing some work on his laptop(I am sure not related to the interview). His questions were unconventional and he was himself was not sure what he wants to ask.
The other two interviews were simple and nothing out of the box questions were asked.
Interview Question – There wasnt any difficult questions but there were some unexpected questions by one of the interviewer. Answer Question
Software Development Engineer I Interview (Neutral Experience; Average Interview)
I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Expedia.
Interview Details – HR contact - one technical phone interview - onsite interview (5-6 people)
Interview Question – Most of them is basic linked list, tree, array questions Answer Question
Software Development Engineer I Interview (Positive Experience; Average Interview)
The process took 3 days - interviewed at Expedia in December 2011.
Interview Details – The recruiter sent me the interview request. She asked about my interview schedule, and also gave me a list of questions to answer.
*What attracted you to Expedia and/or this particular role?
*Do you possess long term work authorization to work for any employer in the US?
*What is your current salary and what are your salary expectations?
*List 4-6 bullet points of why you feel you are a good match for this role?
*Please provide a copy of your resume.
- Tell me about yourself Answer Question
- Why choose Expedia? Answer Question
- If there's any reason make you not to choose a company, what it's going to be? / or What is your ideal dream job's attribute? Answer Question
- coding test: Give a linked list, what is the most efficient way to find the middle node? View Answer
- After the coding test, he also asked me what are the different test conditions can be? View Answer
Interviews for Top Jobs at Expedia