Expedia

Average Difficulty
3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Bellevue, WA

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Expedia in May 2014.

Interview Details – The hiring process was very simple and straight forward. I had a phone screen interview and then called onsite for four one-one interview. The interviews was very simple. all related to Java and web concepts and few white board questions. I had interviewed with 4 different teams.
One of the interviewer was very friendly, he made sure that I was comfortable and if I had to take a break. On the other side.
one other interviewer was asking me strange questions, I am not sure if he was prepared with all the questions. While I was answering the questions,he was doing some work on his laptop(I am sure not related to the interview). His questions were unconventional and he was himself was not sure what he wants to ask.
The other two interviews were simple and nothing out of the box questions were asked.

Interview Question – There wasnt any difficult questions but there were some unexpected questions by one of the interviewer.   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer I

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Expedia.

Interview Details – HR contact - one technical phone interview - onsite interview (5-6 people)

Interview Question – Most of them is basic linked list, tree, array questions   Answer Question

Bellevue, WA

The process took 3 days - interviewed at Expedia in December 2011.

Interview Details – The recruiter sent me the interview request. She asked about my interview schedule, and also gave me a list of questions to answer.
*What attracted you to Expedia and/or this particular role?
*Do you possess long term work authorization to work for any employer in the US?
*What is your current salary and what are your salary expectations?
*List 4-6 bullet points of why you feel you are a good match for this role?
*Please provide a copy of your resume.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself   Answer Question
  • Why choose Expedia?   Answer Question
  • If there's any reason make you not to choose a company, what it's going to be? / or What is your ideal dream job's attribute?   Answer Question
  • coding test: Give a linked list, what is the most efficient way to find the middle node?   View Answer
  • After the coding test, he also asked me what are the different test conditions can be?   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at Expedia

Worked for Expedia? Contribute to the Community!

Expedia Videos

Expedia – Why Work for Us?

Why Expedia? Because mornings are the best when you love your job. At Expedia, Inc. we are passionate about travel and revolutionizing it through the power of technology. Across the globe, our family of brands makes… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Expedia Software Development Engineer I interview questions and advice. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by Expedia employees and interview candidates.