Expedia

Average Difficulty
3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Software Development Engineer Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Expedia.

Interview Details – Reasonably difficult. Interviewer didnt allow me the space to express my ideas and was very rigid

Interview Question – implement a recursive solution for a double linked list in java   Answer Question

Bellevue, WA

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Expedia in March 2014.

Interview Details – Campus interviews, 1 on 1 with white board coding. Simple problems using Binary search tree traversal and binary search for a scenario. Interviews went well and got invited for onsite interviews at Bellevue HQ. It was challenging and fun; 3 back to back interviews. Two interviewers were fun, while one of them was uptight with hardly a smile. Expedia is quite generous in reimbursing the travel/lodging costs. $75 per day on meals.
Got the offer within 10 days. The pay rate is the best part, exceeds expectations. The whole process was quick, efficient and enjoyable.

Interview Question – 1] Given a series of data, cluster it into sub components. It was for a specific use case which was fun to solve. Prepare HashMap well.
2] Given 2 rectangles, find out the smaller rectangle which is formed by the intersection of the larger rectangles.
3] Given a 2D matrix filled with 1s and 0s, find out the number of connected components of 1s.
  Answer Question

Bellevue, WA

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Expedia.

Interview Details – I met them on campus. Had an on-campus in-person interview and it went well. I was contacted about a week later to be flown out to Bellevue, WA for a round of interviews at their headquarters.

I had 3 different one-hour interviews. The first one was mostly conversational. The interviewer was into databases so a lot of questions were about that. The second interview was more white-board coding oriented. I was asked to solve an n by n tic tac toe game. I think I did fairly well since I managed to get an O(1) solution. The third interview was OOP oriented. I was asked to draw out the design I'd give a library.

Overall I don't think I did too bad. I'm an undergraduate student though, and the rest of the interviewees were graduate students who already had prior work experience. I think that's what ultimately lead to me not getting an offer.

Interview Question – Find if an n by n tic tac toe game has a winner in constant time.   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at Expedia

Worked for Expedia? Contribute to the Community!

Expedia Videos

Expedia – Why Work for Us?

Why Expedia? Because mornings are the best when you love your job. At Expedia, Inc. we are passionate about travel and revolutionizing it through the power of technology. Across the globe, our family of brands makes… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Expedia Software Development Engineer Intern interview questions and advice. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by Expedia employees and interview candidates.