Expedia Software Engineer Interview Questions & Reviews

11 interviews

2.8

11 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Software Engineer Interview

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at Expedia.

Expedia came to our school's career fair, the engineer asked me two basic questions about java, then arranged me for another on campus interview.
The on campus interview last 30 minutes, first talk about what team am I interested in, then a technical question to write on board. Very simple programming question, given an int array, remove the duplicates. The man I met is friendly.
I am waiting for the on site interview.

Other Interview Reviews for Expedia

Software Engineer Interview

I interviewed in-person - interviewed at Expedia in February 2014.

ask how to implement the DFS and BFS,ask the difference between tcp and udp

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Expedia in January 2014.

Internal referral, contacted by a recruiter almost immediately. First round phone interview with a developer (typing code into a google doc). Phone interviewer specifically asked me to code in C++, which was unusual since I indicated my preference was Java.

One week later was asked to fly out for an onsite interview (expenses paid). Four interviewers, 45 minutes each.

Interview Questions
    • Surprisingly got some pointer math and C++ syntax that I wasn't prepared for.   Answer Question

Compensation, team

Software Engineer Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Expedia.

Applied through college career fair.

1. one simple question immediately in career fair. (How can you find the common element of two linked list?)

2. Then I got a contact by recruiter within a week and scheduled phone interview.
    - short questions for my resume
    - simple coding question (sorry forgot. )
    - what is generic and its advantage

They wanted to checking if there is any hiring in Data Warehousing team since I have strong machine learning background. But it turns out there is no opporrunity in data teams, so they scheduled one more interview for developer position.

3. one more phone interview.
    - challenging project
    - Given input list A and B, return non-common items from each list
    follow up: design test cases

Software Engineer Interview

interviewed at Expedia in October 2013.

applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed by phone in October 2013.

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

I interviewed online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Expedia.

Online application, contacted by recruiter, 3 phone screen interviews.
    1. recruiter-phone screen about background
    2. project manager- online coding
    3. hiring manager

The hiring manager was 4 hours late than the arrangement. After that, no response for about 2 months. I asked the recruiter through email, they said "this position is moved to another country!". Good luck to your interview.

Software Engineer Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Expedia in February 2013.

On campus interview

Interview Questions
    • find pair of indices in an array which sum upto a given target value. I answered it correctly but don't know why I did not get to go to the second round.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Expedia in October 2012.

I was recruited from a university career fair, and had a subsequent on campus interview and a site interview.
    The campus interview had some brain teasers: Google's 2 egg problem, the burning rope problem etc.

The site interview had four one-hour parts: coding, design, behavioral, algorithms, and something else that I'm not too sure of.

Anonymous Employee  in  Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Expedia in February 2012.

on-campus interview at first.
    Then got an onsite interview

Interview Questions

I received an offer from another company which is better for me at this time.

Anonymous Employee  in  Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Expedia in April 2011.

Received an email from recruiter they try to lowball you right away Figured I would go though with the interview anyways since the name is well known.
    Was first given phone interviews. First one was very basic Manager didn't seem to know much about technology. Second call was from a contractor (yes a contractor) Got a feeling they outsource a lot here.
    After I got trough those two I was called in for a face to face interview with the team. No real programming questions asked. The focus is on Logic questions like perfect number and round man whole type questions. They watch you as you try to complete. Completed it as I would program it and they told me they wanted it to be completed as a math question. Also was asked why I didn't wear a coat and tie.

Interview Questions
    • Needed to come up with a perfect number algorithm (not in code)   View Answer

Worked for Expedia? Contribute to the Community!