Expedia Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Apr 12, 2015

2.8

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Applied through recruiter and had an initial phone interview. Had an initial discussion about my work, technologies I work on and then he explained about the job role. Then went on with coding question. The overall experience was good.

Interview Questions

• Given a set of pairs
    e.g (5,4) (6,2) (9,3) (2,5) (4,9)
    Find the longest contigious sequence

Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Expedia

Software Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Expedia.

Interview

Career fair, then I get phone interview. most of my friends get coding questions like 2 sum. For me, I don't know. I did answer the question well. I don't know why I get rejected.

Interview Questions

• Java concept, abstraction,Encapsulation, Polymorphism, Inheritance.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Expedia (Bellevue, WA) in March 2015.

Interview

Got a call from one of the HR's in WA. Asked me about the core principles of OOP, the difference between overloading and overriding, and two cs algorithm questions that weren't too bad. Then, the person calling asked me about a few of my projects. She seemed interested in my UDF Caching project which was done in Scala. It seemed as if she was interested in me, but I guess she wasn't.

Interview Questions

• You are given a string variable that holds "aabbcc". Given the string, how do we output a2b2c2?   Answer Question
    • You are given an array where each index holds either a 0 or 1. How do we move all the 0's to the left side of the array and the 1's to the right side of the array?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Expedia (Portland, OR) in March 2015.

Interview

Checked out Expedia at a university career fair and got an on campus interview. The interview was fairly straight forward. Got asked a couple of basic coding questions as well as a couple of behavioral questions. I received an on site interview but ended up having schedule conflicts. The interviewer was really nice and was also willing to give some advice for approaching the coding question even though I hadn't started much of an attempt yet.

Interview Questions

• Write a function that can be used to generate factorials.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Expedia in February 2015.

Interview

I applied on career fair. During the career fair they asked me a question and I got an on campus interview. The recruiter is nice, so is the interviewer. There's no self-introduction. The interviewer asked one algorithm question and let me ask a question. The entire time is about forty minutes.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Submit resume at school's career fair then get a phone interview. The interviewer was very nice. He asked 3 technique questions. The second one was online coding. Then got response the evening.

Interview Questions

• Asked three questions.
      1. Find the intersection of two array of integers.
      2. shuffle an array
      3. Pros and Cons of multiple inheritance.

Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

interviewed at Expedia in March 2014.

Interview

Contacted at University campus fair by recruiter. They were quick with the process and scheduled an on campus initial screen next day. Had a 1-1 to coding and behavioral interview with a employee. They were cheerful and wanted neat and clean solutions to the problems

Interview Questions

• Asked about how technology will evolve in next decade and what do you see coming. Followed by a question on trees - how to find common ancestor of two nodes.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Expedia.

Interview

Expedia came to our school's career fair, the engineer asked me two basic questions about java, then arranged me for another on campus interview.
    The on campus interview last 30 minutes, first talk about what team am I interested in, then a technical question to write on board. Very simple programming question, given an int array, remove the duplicates. The man I met is friendly.
    I am waiting for the on site interview.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Expedia in February 2014.

Interview

Applied through career fair. After that I had one telephonic screening round and then on sight interview.

Questions: 1) Linked list reversal
    2) Remove duplicates from string
    3) stacks and queues implementation
    4) Implement Poker

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Expedia in February 2014.

Interview

ask how to implement the DFS and BFS,ask the difference between tcp and udp