Expedia Systems Engineer II Interview Questions

Updated May 16, 2014

2.3

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Expedia in August 2012.

I was first contacted by a recruiter, who confirmed the information on my resume and setup my phone screening. The interview process started with a phone screening by the hiring manager, lasted about 45 minutes, and included questions about my past experience and some basis technical questions. The onsite interview consisted of five one-hours interviews held at Expedia’s headquarters in Bellevue and was completed by my peers, the hiring manager, and the director of the group. The on-site interview also included questions about my past experience, but added more advanced technical questions along with culture question to see how I would fit into the company.

Interview Questions
  • There was not a lot of difficult or unexpected questions in my opinion. Just make sure you know what you are interviewing for and Expedia as a whole.   Answer Question
I attempted to negotiation to the top of my requested salary range, but was informed that the original offer was already at the top of the available range for the position.

Other Interview Reviews for Expedia

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Expedia in January 2012.

Applied online, my recruiter called me to ask me some basic questions. He took that information back to the hiring manager who scheduled me for a 60 minute phone conversation with one of the team members. The phone conversation happened and only took 20 minutes. A week later I had an in person interview that was 1 on 1 at one hour each with 5 people. Including three directors. Within 10 days later I had an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Do a play by play review on the whiteboard down to the specific details and steps taken to deploy a software package to a live web farm.   View Answers (4)
    They gave me the best offer they could get based off the salary range I requested. There was no negotiating as the offer came directly from the VP of my department

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Expedia in January 2011.

Phone screen with recruiter and then depending where you are they fly you out for a full day of interviews and tests. The interviews last all day and you just sit in a room as people rotate in and out asking you the same questions over and over.

Interview Questions
    • It's mostly a personality fit from what I could gather.   Answer Question
    It's take it or leave it depending who you are.