Expedia

Average Difficulty
3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Bellevue, WA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Expedia in January 2011.

Interview Details – Phone screen with recruiter and then depending where you are they fly you out for a full day of interviews and tests. The interviews last all day and you just sit in a room as people rotate in and out asking you the same questions over and over.

Interview Question – It's mostly a personality fit from what I could gather.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It's take it or leave it depending who you are.

Bellevue, WA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Expedia in August 2012.

Interview Details – I was first contacted by a recruiter, who confirmed the information on my resume and setup my phone screening. The interview process started with a phone screening by the hiring manager, lasted about 45 minutes, and included questions about my past experience and some basis technical questions. The onsite interview consisted of five one-hours interviews held at Expedia’s headquarters in Bellevue and was completed by my peers, the hiring manager, and the director of the group. The on-site interview also included questions about my past experience, but added more advanced technical questions along with culture question to see how I would fit into the company.

Interview Question – There was not a lot of difficult or unexpected questions in my opinion. Just make sure you know what you are interviewing for and Expedia as a whole.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I attempted to negotiation to the top of my requested salary range, but was informed that the original offer was already at the top of the available range for the position.

Very Easy Interview

Bellevue, WA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Expedia in January 2012.

Interview Details – Applied online, my recruiter called me to ask me some basic questions. He took that information back to the hiring manager who scheduled me for a 60 minute phone conversation with one of the team members. The phone conversation happened and only took 20 minutes. A week later I had an in person interview that was 1 on 1 at one hour each with 5 people. Including three directors. Within 10 days later I had an offer.

Interview Question – Do a play by play review on the whiteboard down to the specific details and steps taken to deploy a software package to a live web farm.   View Answers (4)

Negotiation Details – They gave me the best offer they could get based off the salary range I requested. There was no negotiating as the offer came directly from the VP of my department

Worked for Expedia? Contribute to the Community!