Expedia Interview Questions in United Kingdom

Updated Aug 30, 2015

Recruitment Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Expedia (London, England (UK)) in August 2015.

Interview

Very Quick process! 2 telephone interviews on the same day, 1 at 11:45 the other at 3 with the director. Followed by an interview with 4 different people within the recruitment team two days after. 2 were for half an hour and the other 2 more casual for 15 minutes. I heard back the following morning.

Interview Questions

• Discuss CV. What did you learn from a difficult situation. What do you like to do at the weekends or in your spare time.   1 Answer
    • Why did you apply to this role at Expedia   1 Answer

Negotiation

The offer was perfect

Senior Manager, Data Science Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Expedia (London, England (UK)).

Interview

I was contacted by HR, which was followed by a subsequent interview with potential line manager. I also had to do a case study. Got very little feedback and the whole process took ages. The case study was poorly structured and formulated. I would have expected the company to want to have a face to face interview to get to know me as a person, which did not happen. Queries on what to achieve out of the case study remained unanswered as well. At the end all I was told was they were not going to proceed further without giving me any insight into why. Utterly shambolic and unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• Questions about my previous work experience and skills.   1 Answer

Content Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Expedia (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Initially interviewed for a 6 month contract role which involved working on a large project within the Content Team. Due to the short term nature of the role, the interview was very simple with a discussion about my previous employment and degree followed by a short written test. Interviewer was one of the project managers and was very chatty and easy going. However, I've heard that the interview process is a lot more thorough for permanent roles.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Expedia Inc and the difference between its brands?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Fixed hourly rate through an agency.

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Expedia.

Interview

They requested for a phone interview a few days after i applied. The phone interview was dry and very much like a question answer session vs. a conversation. Made it feel like there were thousands of other applicants and i wasnt important

Interview Questions

• Pretty straight forward questions such as long term career plan, why expedia, etc nothing interesting, pretty boring interview :(   Answer Question

Didnt want to be part of an organization that hires people in such a weak manner. They didnt care about me in the interview, only cared about the questions they had so i figured that even if i was to join they wouldnt care about me so whats the point?

Manager - Tax Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Expedia (London, England (UK)) in August 2014.

Interview

There were 2 telephone interviews, 3 face to face interviews and then one final telephone interview with the US. It was long and stressful time wise but worth it once I was offered the job.

ECommerce Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Expedia (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Thorough but fast, it consisted of four interviews each of an hour in a single day. Communication was strong throughout and an offer made very quickly. The interviews were tough but fair and the end result was a great place to work.

Interview Questions

• Being pushed on a process as it existed here and forced to question whether the process I was currently using was incorrect   Answer Question

Senior Sourcing Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Expedia (London, England (UK)) in April 2013.

Interview

Lots of interviews, but they were thorough, thought provoking and personal

Interview Questions

• "How would you tackle a brand new region...?"   1 Answer

Senior Director, Training Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Expedia (London, England (UK)) in March 2013.

Interview

This was the slickest process I have ever seen. Positive, enthusiastic and fab recruitment team. 8 interviews in total but by the end I had totally bought into the brand and the people.

Interview Questions

• I found the interviews to be more of a discussion about the value I could add, rather than competency based questions.   Answer Question

Senior Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Expedia (London, England (UK)) in October 2012.

Interview

It has been very easy going, a first contact by phone, then a single technical interview with two different people. The interview has included a discussion about my current positon, describe the architecture of it. Then a TDD exercise very interesting one indeed. The people was very friendly

Interview Questions

• It has been easy going, there was no unexpected question.   Answer Question

Senior Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Expedia (London, England (UK)) in March 2012.

Interview

Not the most comprehensive interview process. Felt like I had to interject to even get a word in, which was quite strange if I'm entirely honest. That said, i did feel valued throughout he process and I enjoy working here.