Expeditors

2.5

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hawthorne, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hawthorne, CA

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Expeditors in November 2014.

Professional atmosphere, personable people to interview with. Was asked how I would fit in the company and about my past professional and collegiate accomplishments. Seems like a great place to start a career.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked how I do under stress and multi-tasking b   View Answer

Data Warehouse - Informatica Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Expeditors.

I was contacted a day after submitting my resume. A brief phone interview was done asking basic questions like "What do you know about Expeditors" and "what do you do right now". After passing that phase, they scheduled me for a 2 part interview. First half being technical and second half being more personality. This process took about 2 to 3 hours. A few days later, they reached out to me and asked for a phase 2. This process took another 2 hours, where we went around and they showed off their little toys and such and had you sit down with upper-management for some brief Q&A. Questions were simple, such as, what do you do, what was your favorite project, what attracted you to this company. This was more or less the same questions as the second half of the first interview, just with different people asking the questions. So if you did well in the second half of the first interview, you should do well here. Strangely, that doesn't appear to be the case. Answering the questions the same way you of did the first time around doesn't appear to interest them. I think they may have wanted me to make up a project I've worked on, just to switch it up. After the interviews one of the managers said they would be in contact with me within the next couple weeks. Two weeks passed, so I sent a courtesy email to ask about the status. I was told I'd be contacted by weeks end. Never was. Waited a few more days and asked if I had mistakenly missed their call, and was told that there was "miscommunication on our end". Get a phone call later that day with the manager telling me that the "decision was very hard, but we will not be moving forward with you". Of which, I was okay with, and I asked "is there anything specific I could have done better?" It was met with a pause and the response "that is not information that I can say, but we can not move forward with you. We hope you the best". A month of my life was wasted, and ended with them not giving me anything to build off of. It felt like it was more personal than it was about qualifications.

Interview Questions
    • SQL statements
      Unix questions
      What's a foreign key
      Etc.

Answer Question

Pricing Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Expeditors.

very easy and comfortable with managers there are some questions about the company overview and the advantages and disadvantages of yourself. Depend on the mangers feelings and their favorite topics in during the interview

Logistics Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Expeditors.

I was referred by an acquaintance and the interview process was short. 1 in person with Manager and Executive Director. I was offered a package without being asked any salary questions. It was that quick.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult during the interview process. First Advantage, co. that does background investigations required nearly two months of time and constant letters in the mail citing failure, but they would never call and ask a question. It required me to do extensive leg work that is a paid task for the third party to perform.   View Answer
    Offer was more than expected. Easy.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Expeditors in June 2014.

Had a great interview with the Business Analyst and Project Management group.The interviewing team was very organized and thoughtful in their questions and concerns about finding the right fit for the positions they have opened. Extremely respectful, they made me feel very comfortable and was interested in reciprocating a dialogue about my interests and qualifications.

Interview Questions
    • They had me complete a project management exercise during the interview which was unexpected.   Answer Question

Accounts Payable Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Expeditors in June 2014.

Informal interview in a small and limited staffed office. Interviewed by Finance Manager. AP would sit at front desk, be responsible to process several hundred bills per week (non EDI method), answer phone and greet front door guests simultaneously. Very little pay for work and required qualifications.

Interview Questions
    • Asked to be the liaison between Finance and Operations to make sure Operations gets billing in within 3 days of service.   Answer Question

IS Summer Internship Interview

Sort of technical phone interview with a more technical in person interview. Phone interview covered some Java stuff (data structures and such). Interviewed by three people, code reading and some designing.

Agent Interview

Very relaxed interview. Reviewed what they do and asked applicable questions about you. They looked at personality as well as the technical skills and background. The hiring process was very quick and through the phone.

Accountant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Expeditors.

Not willing to negotiate original offer. Background investiation takes 3+ weeks. Says there is room for growth and moving ability but generally is not the chase unless the offer is made to you.

IS Support Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Expeditors in May 2014.

Starts with a phone interview. After about a week I was called in for an in-person interview. Everyone was very nice and welcoming throughout the interview process. The in-person interview consisted of meeting with several pairs of managers.

Interview Questions
    • Questions to see if you are a good fit for the position and culture at Expeditors. Nothing that really caught me off guard.   Answer Question