Expeditors

Relevance Date Difficulty

EDI Systems Analyst Interview

EDI Systems Analyst
Seattle, WA

I applied online - interviewed at Expeditors in November 2013.

Interview Details – Was interviewed by two separate groups. The first group was upper management and they were very nice and it was mostly a get to know you type interview. The second group was lower level management and they asked more technical questions and reviewed a EDI test that you took in between. They were pretty rude.

Interview Question – Had to take a twenty minute test in the middle quizzing on basic SQL skills   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Logistics Engineer Interview

Logistics Engineer
Seattle, WA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Expeditors.

Interview Details – I was referred by an acquaintance and the interview process was short. 1 in person with Manager and Executive Director. I was offered a package without being asked any salary questions. It was that quick.

Interview Question – Nothing difficult during the interview process. First Advantage, co. that does background investigations required nearly two months of time and constant letters in the mail citing failure, but they would never call and ask a question. It required me to do extensive leg work that is a paid task for the third party to perform.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Offer was more than expected. Easy.

IS Support Interview

IS Support

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Expeditors in May 2014.

Interview Details – Starts with a phone interview. After about a week I was called in for an in-person interview. Everyone was very nice and welcoming throughout the interview process. The in-person interview consisted of meeting with several pairs of managers.

Interview Question – Questions to see if you are a good fit for the position and culture at Expeditors. Nothing that really caught me off guard.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Ocean Export Agent Interview

Ocean Export Agent

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Expeditors in May 2011.

Interview Details – Minimum 3 interviews. First two can be tough, third should be generally easy. Do your research on the company and learn about their culture and history of company - MUST. Background check is very extensive and takes a couple weeks. Wear a suit to the interview! If you are a guy, wear a tie MUST!.

Interview Question – They really want you to know a lot about the company.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations, what you are given is basically what you will get. Salaries are low.

Accounts Payable Interview

Accounts Payable

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Expeditors in June 2014.

Interview Details – Informal interview in a small and limited staffed office. Interviewed by Finance Manager. AP would sit at front desk, be responsible to process several hundred bills per week (non EDI method), answer phone and greet front door guests simultaneously. Very little pay for work and required qualifications.

Interview Question – Asked to be the liaison between Finance and Operations to make sure Operations gets billing in within 3 days of service.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Data Entry Interview

Data Entry

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Expeditors in August 2013.

Interview Details – 1 interview with manager it was very quick and easy. got the one on oneinterview setup by a recruiter. he called me right after the interview and i accepted the job. there is no room for advancement though so i left

Interview Question – explaina time when you had to manage several projects ant once and how did you handle it   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst
Seattle, WA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Expeditors in June 2014.

Interview Details – Had a great interview with the Business Analyst and Project Management group.The interviewing team was very organized and thoughtful in their questions and concerns about finding the right fit for the positions they have opened. Extremely respectful, they made me feel very comfortable and was interested in reciprocating a dialogue about my interests and qualifications.

Interview Question – They had me complete a project management exercise during the interview which was unexpected.   Answer Question

IS Summer Internship Interview

IS Summer Internship

Interviewed at Expeditors

Interview Details – Sort of technical phone interview with a more technical in person interview. Phone interview covered some Java stuff (data structures and such). Interviewed by three people, code reading and some designing.

Interview Question – Design a car dealership   Answer Question

Agent Interview

Agent

Interviewed at Expeditors

Interview Details – Very relaxed interview. Reviewed what they do and asked applicable questions about you. They looked at personality as well as the technical skills and background. The hiring process was very quick and through the phone.

Accountant Interview

Accountant

I applied online and interviewed at Expeditors.

Interview Details – Not willing to negotiate original offer. Background investiation takes 3+ weeks. Says there is room for growth and moving ability but generally is not the chase unless the offer is made to you.

Worked for Expeditors? Contribute to the Community!