Expeditors Interview Questions

Updated Aug 19, 2015

2.6

EDI Support Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Expeditors.

Interview

As mentioned, there's a couple rounds of interviews: first they do a phone interview, if they think you're a fit then you get called in for the face to face. The face to face is 3 rounds of interviews with 2 people in each round asking you questions. In between and at the end, in private, they determine whether or not they think you're a good fit. The final round is meeting with the senior manager. Overall it is a little overwhelming but good. I had a positive experience, but that's a bias opinion since I was hired.

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in SeaTac, WA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Expeditors (SeaTac, WA).

Interview

When I started I started as a temp worker. Are you only have to go through one interview and I believe it was just because I was a temp worker. I have noticed now that potential applicants have to go through several interviews. I was hired full time after my 3 months of working as a temp.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was excited because you don't get paid very much as a temp but you get a decent wage once you become a full time employee.

Network Engineer - IS Communications (Seattle, WA) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Expeditors (Seattle, WA).

Interview

I did two non-technical phone interviews. Everything seemed to be going swimmingly. I was told at the end of the second interview that the next step was to begin technical interviewing, and that they would get the first of those interviews scheduled and provide me with the date/time. That's the last I ever heard from Expeditors. I never have, to this very day, received any further communication from them whatsoever. This is the worst kind of company, as far as I'm concerned. If you let a candidate get all the way to a second interview, promise technical interviews, then disappear without a trace, you are a terrible company. If you decided against continuing your interview process with me for whatever reason, I can't stop you and it's certainly your choice, but tell me; send me a 2 sentence email saying that you've moved onto a different candidate, or whatever - not just silence. I feel very much as if anything and everything that I really needed to know about Expeditors as a company was inadvertently communicated to me via their behavior. I did end up getting a job with another company that I was also interviewing with at the time, so I'm very happy about that, but I feel like I dodged a bullet with Expeditors. Perhaps they treat people better once hired, but I will never be interested in working for Expeditors in the future based on this experience.

Interview Questions

• What's the thing you like best about your current position?   1 Answer

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Expeditors (Seattle, WA) in July 2015.

Interview

The interview process was quite formal. When I arrived, one of the interviewers brought me to the meeting room and there were two other interviewers sitting there. They asked me bunch of questions and giving a situational problem that I need to solve

Interview Questions

• Elaborate what kind of skills that you have that fit with the job requirements   Answer Question

QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Expeditors (Seattle, WA) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied through glassdoor for a QA position and got a call from hiring manager to schedule a phone interview. Second round was onsite with three hiring leads asking back to back questions for almost 45 minutes. When all the questions were done they gave the QA exercise which was three sheet exercise with different modules to test QA skills. After 3 days got a call from one of the lead and he invited me for another onsite round which was team specific now and the interview round was almost similar with HR and situational technical questions for 1 hour. The last round was with Senior manager of the team which was more like a discussion of the work you would be doing and benefits. I got an offer 3 days later and they offered me developer in test position.

Interview Questions

• All questions were resume based. Phone interview was all HR questions like strengths and weaknesses. What did you contribute in your team. Second round was onsite group panel round with three people and they all were asking back to back questions based on the resume and some of the HR questions. They also gave me the QA exercise and left the room for 15-20 minutes to give you time to think about the test cases. It was a walk through of the testing exercise and then they were asking questions like what part would you automate and what not. Third interview was the team specific and it was similar to the second one. It was more of a thorough day in your present job. They generally try to know the experience you have and what you do in your current role. Next round was with senior manager, he asked the stages of SDLC and what is the most important stage of SDLC. The qualities they try to find in you would be your curiosity and how outspoken you are. Try to ask questions to them, show them you are not hesitant in getting things clarified.   Answer Question

Associate Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Expeditors (Seattle, WA) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied directly on their website and they emailed me the next day to schedule a phone interview. On the day of interview, we only talked about 15 minutes. It started with several behavioral questions, such as what do you about our company. And begin the technical part, but also just few questions. At the end, they asked me if I have any question for them.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between comparing a string variable with "==" and .equals()?   1 Answer
    • Name the functions with Object class   1 Answer
    • What is the difference between an abstract class and an interface?   Answer Question

Agent - Export Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Expeditors (Houston, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

Both hiring managers I spoke with were extremely professional. They gave me a tour around the office and were very personal. They were more then happy to answer all my questions about the industry.

Associate Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tacoma, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Expeditors (Tacoma, WA) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied through Indeed.com and they emailed me to schedule a phone interview. A week later, the interviewer called me and we talked for about 20-30 minutes. It all went by very fast and I honestly cannot remember all the details. All I know is that interviews are something that I struggle with a lot, because of mental disabilities that make me get overly anxious when I am expected to perform at something like interviews (especially technical interviews) even though I study or rehearse for them over and over (which is not fair to someone like me who has the skills but could not get hired because of not being able to get past an interview without getting upset and anxious).

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for us vs. someone like Microsoft? What is the difference between comparing a string variable with the '=' sign and .equals()? Describe an algorithm to merge two string collections into one with no duplicates.   1 Answer

Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Expeditors (Seattle, WA) in May 2015.

Interview

Three teams of two people each from supervisors to analysts then finally senior managers. We conducted several behavioral questions then many technical questions about SQL and logic. It's more of interview of personality to ensure you fit in with the team and mainly the company. You well be asked to describe yourself multiple times so make sure you have a sold introduction that showcases who you are and your skills.

Air Export Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Expeditors (Seattle, WA) in May 2015.

Interview

Got a email from the Manager because my reference had forwarded my resume. Met the Manager in person. The office is clean and huge. Everyone dresses professionally. Make sure dress well for the interview