Expeditors Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 12, 2014
88 interviews

2.5

Software Development Engineer Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Expeditors in August 2013.

Four rounds of interviews, two phone and three in-person. Standard technical questions. The team seemed nice enough, but the environment was not as casual as other tech-jobs in the area. Their offices are large downtown and most people were in corporate attire. The team sat in cubicles with high walls. Not the sort of open, casual environment that I enjoy.

Their background check seemed pretty invasive - there didn't seem to be any justification for that. Also, their offer was below my salary in a lesser role. All added up to a thanks, but no thanks.

EDI Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I interviewed online - interviewed at Expeditors in November 2013.

Was interviewed by two separate groups. The first group was upper management and they were very nice and it was mostly a get to know you type interview. The second group was lower level management and they asked more technical questions and reviewed a EDI test that you took in between. They were pretty rude.

Interview Questions
    • Had to take a twenty minute test in the middle quizzing on basic SQL skills   Answer Question

IS Support Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Expeditors in May 2014.

Starts with a phone interview. After about a week I was called in for an in-person interview. Everyone was very nice and welcoming throughout the interview process. The in-person interview consisted of meeting with several pairs of managers.

Interview Questions
    • Questions to see if you are a good fit for the position and culture at Expeditors. Nothing that really caught me off guard.   Answer Question

Logistics Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Expeditors.

I was referred by an acquaintance and the interview process was short. 1 in person with Manager and Executive Director. I was offered a package without being asked any salary questions. It was that quick.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult during the interview process. First Advantage, co. that does background investigations required nearly two months of time and constant letters in the mail citing failure, but they would never call and ask a question. It required me to do extensive leg work that is a paid task for the third party to perform.   View Answer
    Offer was more than expected. Easy.

Ocean Export Agent Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Expeditors in May 2011.

Minimum 3 interviews. First two can be tough, third should be generally easy. Do your research on the company and learn about their culture and history of company - MUST. Background check is very extensive and takes a couple weeks. Wear a suit to the interview! If you are a guy, wear a tie MUST!.

Interview Questions
    No negotiations, what you are given is basically what you will get. Salaries are low.

Accounts Payable Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Expeditors in June 2014.

Informal interview in a small and limited staffed office. Interviewed by Finance Manager. AP would sit at front desk, be responsible to process several hundred bills per week (non EDI method), answer phone and greet front door guests simultaneously. Very little pay for work and required qualifications.

Interview Questions
    • Asked to be the liaison between Finance and Operations to make sure Operations gets billing in within 3 days of service.   Answer Question

Data Entry Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at Expeditors in August 2013.

1 interview with manager it was very quick and easy. got the one on oneinterview setup by a recruiter. he called me right after the interview and i accepted the job. there is no room for advancement though so i left

Interview Questions
    • explaina time when you had to manage several projects ant once and how did you handle it   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Expeditors in June 2014.

Had a great interview with the Business Analyst and Project Management group.The interviewing team was very organized and thoughtful in their questions and concerns about finding the right fit for the positions they have opened. Extremely respectful, they made me feel very comfortable and was interested in reciprocating a dialogue about my interests and qualifications.

Interview Questions
    • They had me complete a project management exercise during the interview which was unexpected.   Answer Question

IS Summer Internship Interview

Sort of technical phone interview with a more technical in person interview. Phone interview covered some Java stuff (data structures and such). Interviewed by three people, code reading and some designing.

Agent Interview

Very relaxed interview. Reviewed what they do and asked applicable questions about you. They looked at personality as well as the technical skills and background. The hiring process was very quick and through the phone.

Worked for Expeditors? Contribute to the Community!