Expeditors

Relevance Date Difficulty

Customs Broker Agent Interview

Customs Broker Agent
SeaTac, WA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Expeditors in November 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online and heard back from a manager the following morning to set up an interview for early the next week.

Went to their satellite office located in SeaTac and interviewed with two managers. They mainly asked questions based straight off my resume, asking me to elaborate on my previous work experience and then answer a few questions about my roles. This part took around 25 minutes and after I asked the managers questions as well. Overall the interview took around 45 minutes.

This was the first step out of a few, and I would be contacted for another interview if I was chosen to go to the next round.

Interview Question – I see that you worked with X Company, can you elaborate on your position and what you did?   Answer Question

Operations & Customer Service Interview

Operations & Customer Service

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Expeditors.

Interview Details – I left my résumé at a college career fair. I got a call from them the next day asking to come in for an interview. Usually, the job-seeker takes the initiative to initiate contact. It makes me question their turnover rate.

Interview Question – Average   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Logistics Interview

Logistics
Seattle, WA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Expeditors in July 2013.

Interview Details – I had one interview that was more like a discussion.

Negotiation Details – They never asked what I was making in my last role and just blindly gave me a generous offer and began to use me as a target in regards to freeing money up for the server that never worked!

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Very Easy Interview

Account Manager Interview

Account Manager

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Expeditors.

Interview Details – Went through two interviews and a personality test.

Interview Question – Their interview process was easy   View Answer

Reason for Declining – They offered me an entry level position far below my skill set and experience. They knew I was not currently employed and made a comment regarding how they hire according to attitude. I felt they were trying to say that although I had 17 years experience I needed to be thankful for any job offer and work my up within their company.

Systems Administrator Interview

Systems Administrator
Seattle, WA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Expeditors in May 2012.

Interview Details – The hiring process was straight -forward and focused. The technical interview was on point with questions targeted for application support and troubleshooting. There is a two week delay for background checks. This is standard and well organized.

Interview Question – What do think the culture here at Expeditors means?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – I like the contracting world best, as it allows me to glean more experience with different technologies.

Sales Administration Interview

Sales Administration
San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Expeditors in October 2011.

Interview Details – 4 interviews total, long and thorough background check.

Interview Question – Tell me what you know about NVOCCs.   View Answer

Intern Interview

Intern

Interviewed at Expeditors

Interview Details – Phone call

Interview Question – What is the difference between an interface and abstract class   Answer Question

Price Analyst Interview

Price Analyst

Interviewed at Expeditors

Interview Details – Very informal interview, felt more as a regular conversation than an interview, which is a huge plus for those of us who can get nervous. Lasted for an hour.

Interview Question – Describe experience dealing with contracts executed in other languages (non-English).   Answer Question

Air Export Agent Interview

Air Export Agent

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Expeditors.

Interview Details – Applied through school career center. Got a call about 2 days after and scheduled first interview for a group interview with 3 people: 1 peer, 1 supervisor, 1 manager. Very basic questions like how did you know about us, where do you see yourself in 5 years etc. Scheduled second interview a couple days after for the following week. Was interviewed by branch and district manager separately in that second round and was notified was offered the position a few days after.

Interview Question – Why you?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – i didn't negotiate

District IS Coordinator Interview

District IS Coordinator

I applied in-person and interviewed at Expeditors.

Interview Details – Hiring was ridiculous. Had 2 different managers interview me, both telling me different and contradicting things. One just loved to listen to himself talk and I just sat there for over an hour. I imagine this was local to that branch.

Interview Question – Hiring manager was technology illiterate so nothing.   Answer Question