Expeditors

Updated Nov 25, 2014
Updated Nov 25, 2014

2.5

Operations & Customer Service Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Expeditors.

I left my résumé at a college career fair. I got a call from them the next day asking to come in for an interview. Usually, the job-seeker takes the initiative to initiate contact. It makes me question their turnover rate.

Account Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Expeditors.

Went through two interviews and a personality test.

Interview Questions

They offered me an entry level position far below my skill set and experience. They knew I was not currently employed and made a comment regarding how they hire according to attitude. I felt they were trying to say that although I had 17 years experience I needed to be thankful for any job offer and work my up within their company.

Intern Interview

Phone call

Interview Questions
    • What is the difference between an interface and abstract class   Answer Question

Price Analyst Interview

Very informal interview, felt more as a regular conversation than an interview, which is a huge plus for those of us who can get nervous. Lasted for an hour.

Interview Questions
    • Describe experience dealing with contracts executed in other languages (non-English).   Answer Question

Air Export Agent Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Expeditors.

Applied through school career center. Got a call about 2 days after and scheduled first interview for a group interview with 3 people: 1 peer, 1 supervisor, 1 manager. Very basic questions like how did you know about us, where do you see yourself in 5 years etc. Scheduled second interview a couple days after for the following week. Was interviewed by branch and district manager separately in that second round and was notified was offered the position a few days after.

i didn't negotiate

District IS Coordinator Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Expeditors.

Hiring was ridiculous. Had 2 different managers interview me, both telling me different and contradicting things. One just loved to listen to himself talk and I just sat there for over an hour. I imagine this was local to that branch.

Software Test Engineer Interview

Phone screen generally occurs about two weeks after application if at all.
    Phone screen consists of pre-qualification questions such as authorized to work in the US, why leaving existing employer, knowledge of logistics industry, what looking for and salary.
    In person interview follows phone screen, if selected, by a week or two. Focus is on job experiences and attitude. Generally 3 or 4 sessions in two hours.
    Final interview comes a week later and is generally with the hiring manager.

Interview Questions
    • Describe an interesting or unexpected defect you found in your last testing cycle. What was your reason for testing that, what did you find, what was the impact of the defect, was it resolved satisfactorily.   Answer Question

Ocean Export Agent Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Expeditors.

Two interviews, very straight forward. No tricky questions. A basic inquiry on interests and experience.

Customs Broker Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in SeaTac, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in SeaTac, WA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Expeditors in November 2013.

Applied online and heard back from a manager the following morning to set up an interview for early the next week.

Went to their satellite office located in SeaTac and interviewed with two managers. They mainly asked questions based straight off my resume, asking me to elaborate on my previous work experience and then answer a few questions about my roles. This part took around 25 minutes and after I asked the managers questions as well. Overall the interview took around 45 minutes.

This was the first step out of a few, and I would be contacted for another interview if I was chosen to go to the next round.

Interview Questions
    • I see that you worked with X Company, can you elaborate on your position and what you did?   Answer Question

EDI Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online – interviewed at Expeditors in November 2013.

Was interviewed by two separate groups. The first group was upper management and they were very nice and it was mostly a get to know you type interview. The second group was lower level management and they asked more technical questions and reviewed a EDI test that you took in between. They were pretty rude.

Interview Questions
    • Had to take a twenty minute test in the middle quizzing on basic SQL skills   Answer Question