Expeditors

Updated Jan 20, 2015
Updated Jan 20, 2015

2.5

Accountant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Expeditors.

Not willing to negotiate original offer. Background investiation takes 3+ weeks. Says there is room for growth and moving ability but generally is not the chase unless the offer is made to you.

IS Support Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Expeditors in May 2014.

Starts with a phone interview. After about a week I was called in for an in-person interview. Everyone was very nice and welcoming throughout the interview process. The in-person interview consisted of meeting with several pairs of managers.

Interview Questions
    • Questions to see if you are a good fit for the position and culture at Expeditors. Nothing that really caught me off guard.   Answer Question

Operations & Customer Service Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Expeditors.

I left my résumé at a college career fair. I got a call from them the next day asking to come in for an interview. Usually, the job-seeker takes the initiative to initiate contact. It makes me question their turnover rate.

Account Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Expeditors.

Went through two interviews and a personality test.

Interview Questions

They offered me an entry level position far below my skill set and experience. They knew I was not currently employed and made a comment regarding how they hire according to attitude. I felt they were trying to say that although I had 17 years experience I needed to be thankful for any job offer and work my up within their company.

Intern Interview

Phone call

Interview Questions
    • What is the difference between an interface and abstract class   Answer Question

Price Analyst Interview

Very informal interview, felt more as a regular conversation than an interview, which is a huge plus for those of us who can get nervous. Lasted for an hour.

Interview Questions
    • Describe experience dealing with contracts executed in other languages (non-English).   Answer Question

Air Export Agent Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Expeditors.

Applied through school career center. Got a call about 2 days after and scheduled first interview for a group interview with 3 people: 1 peer, 1 supervisor, 1 manager. Very basic questions like how did you know about us, where do you see yourself in 5 years etc. Scheduled second interview a couple days after for the following week. Was interviewed by branch and district manager separately in that second round and was notified was offered the position a few days after.

i didn't negotiate

District IS Coordinator Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Expeditors.

Hiring was ridiculous. Had 2 different managers interview me, both telling me different and contradicting things. One just loved to listen to himself talk and I just sat there for over an hour. I imagine this was local to that branch.

Software Test Engineer Interview

Phone screen generally occurs about two weeks after application if at all.
    Phone screen consists of pre-qualification questions such as authorized to work in the US, why leaving existing employer, knowledge of logistics industry, what looking for and salary.
    In person interview follows phone screen, if selected, by a week or two. Focus is on job experiences and attitude. Generally 3 or 4 sessions in two hours.
    Final interview comes a week later and is generally with the hiring manager.

Interview Questions
    • Describe an interesting or unexpected defect you found in your last testing cycle. What was your reason for testing that, what did you find, what was the impact of the defect, was it resolved satisfactorily.   Answer Question

Ocean Export Agent Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Expeditors.

Two interviews, very straight forward. No tricky questions. A basic inquiry on interests and experience.