Expeditors Interview Questions

Updated Mar 11, 2015
Updated Mar 11, 2015

2.5

District IS Coordinator Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Expeditors.

Hiring was ridiculous. Had 2 different managers interview me, both telling me different and contradicting things. One just loved to listen to himself talk and I just sat there for over an hour. I imagine this was local to that branch.

Software Test Engineer Interview

Phone screen generally occurs about two weeks after application if at all.
    Phone screen consists of pre-qualification questions such as authorized to work in the US, why leaving existing employer, knowledge of logistics industry, what looking for and salary.
    In person interview follows phone screen, if selected, by a week or two. Focus is on job experiences and attitude. Generally 3 or 4 sessions in two hours.
    Final interview comes a week later and is generally with the hiring manager.

Interview Questions
    • Describe an interesting or unexpected defect you found in your last testing cycle. What was your reason for testing that, what did you find, what was the impact of the defect, was it resolved satisfactorily.   Answer Question

Ocean Export Agent Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Expeditors.

Two interviews, very straight forward. No tricky questions. A basic inquiry on interests and experience.

Customs Broker Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in SeaTac, WA
    Anonymous Employee in SeaTac, WA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Expeditors in November 2013.

Applied online and heard back from a manager the following morning to set up an interview for early the next week.

Went to their satellite office located in SeaTac and interviewed with two managers. They mainly asked questions based straight off my resume, asking me to elaborate on my previous work experience and then answer a few questions about my roles. This part took around 25 minutes and after I asked the managers questions as well. Overall the interview took around 45 minutes.

This was the first step out of a few, and I would be contacted for another interview if I was chosen to go to the next round.

Interview Questions
    • I see that you worked with X Company, can you elaborate on your position and what you did?   Answer Question

EDI Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I applied online – interviewed at Expeditors in November 2013.

Was interviewed by two separate groups. The first group was upper management and they were very nice and it was mostly a get to know you type interview. The second group was lower level management and they asked more technical questions and reviewed a EDI test that you took in between. They were pretty rude.

Interview Questions
    • Had to take a twenty minute test in the middle quizzing on basic SQL skills   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

First interview had some general questions about your background, skills and work experiences. It also included basic Java questions. First interview is normally via phone, and you maybe called for second or more interview which would be more technical.

EDI Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Expeditors.

The process took a over a month, starting with an initial screening interview, a few weeks later a phone interview followed by a two hour long personal interview; the first hour being a personality interview and the second being a technical interview. Everyone was very nice to me and appeared to be very transparent about what they wanted.

Interview Questions
    • I was nervous and I'm sure it was written on my face but they were patient and understanding. They asked me to solve a few programming questions [I hadn't seen before] at a white board with 3 people watching me, asking me to explain my thought process. The questions were not hard and I eventually solved them correctly but I'm not particularly good at explaining my methods to questions I haven't seen before in front of 3 strangers; I'm a bit more introverted and function better that way and ultimately I was not offered the job.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Initial Phone screening - basic java questions and some behavior questions such as why you want to work for us.
    In person Interview - Java code reading. Design question - Car Agency.

Interview Questions
    • Code reading - Semaphores and monitores   View Answer

Software Development Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Expeditors in August 2013.

Four rounds of interviews, two phone and three in-person. Standard technical questions. The team seemed nice enough, but the environment was not as casual as other tech-jobs in the area. Their offices are large downtown and most people were in corporate attire. The team sat in cubicles with high walls. Not the sort of open, casual environment that I enjoy.

Their background check seemed pretty invasive - there didn't seem to be any justification for that. Also, their offer was below my salary in a lesser role. All added up to a thanks, but no thanks.

Data Entry Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Expeditors in August 2013.

1 interview with manager it was very quick and easy. got the one on oneinterview setup by a recruiter. he called me right after the interview and i accepted the job. there is no room for advancement though so i left

Interview Questions
    • explaina time when you had to manage several projects ant once and how did you handle it   Answer Question