Expeditors

Relevance Date Difficulty

Software Developer Interview

Software Developer

Interviewed at Expeditors

Interview Details – First interview had some general questions about your background, skills and work experiences. It also included basic Java questions. First interview is normally via phone, and you maybe called for second or more interview which would be more technical.

Interview Question – Your expected salary   Answer Question

EDI Developer Interview

EDI Developer
Seattle, WA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Expeditors.

Interview Details – The process took a over a month, starting with an initial screening interview, a few weeks later a phone interview followed by a two hour long personal interview; the first hour being a personality interview and the second being a technical interview. Everyone was very nice to me and appeared to be very transparent about what they wanted.

Interview Question – I was nervous and I'm sure it was written on my face but they were patient and understanding. They asked me to solve a few programming questions [I hadn't seen before] at a white board with 3 people watching me, asking me to explain my thought process. The questions were not hard and I eventually solved them correctly but I'm not particularly good at explaining my methods to questions I haven't seen before in front of 3 strangers; I'm a bit more introverted and function better that way and ultimately I was not offered the job.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Software Developer

Interviewed at Expeditors

Interview Details – Initial Phone screening - basic java questions and some behavior questions such as why you want to work for us.
In person Interview - Java code reading. Design question - Car Agency.

Interview Question – Code reading - Semaphores and monitores   View Answer

Order Management Agent Interview

Order Management Agent
Atlanta, GA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Expeditors in May 2012.

Interview Details – There are three interviews, one with a general manager, one with the manager whose department you will be working in and one with the Branch's District manager. Each separate with intense questioning.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you had a difficult goal to accomplish and you did not complete it in time, what did you do to resolve the situation?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiating but I think I could have tried.

Customs Service Agent Interview

Customs Service Agent
Romulus, MI

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Expeditors in May 2013.

Interview Details – I was recruited through an agency for a temp-to-hire position. The actual interview was very brief, it felt as though they were not prepared to conduct one at our scheduled time. The interviewer just asked me some personal questions regarding my past work experience, why I was interested in their company, etc. Then I was seen by the Manager of the department I would be assigned to who basically followed the exact same format as the first interviewer. Described the position and duties then asked very few questions. They both seemed very disinterested.

Interview Question – None as very few questions were asked. Entire interview felt awkward.   Answer Question

Ocean Export Agent Interview

Ocean Export Agent
Salt Lake City, UT

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Expeditors in June 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online and was contacted a week later via phone. Had a good conversation with the Ocean Export Supervisor and scheduled an in-person interview. The in-person interview was with the Ocean Export Supervisor and to my surprise the air export transcon manager also. The interview went well, I have nearly 5 years of experience as an Ocean Export Agent and vast knowledge of export procedures, ocean carriers, and customs requirements. They said I should hear something within a week. A week later I received an email from the Ocean Export Supervisor saying that although I had the most experience and knowledge of the candidates they are "looking for someone who is looking for opportunities to advance." It seems Expeditors values personal ambition, competition and guile over experience, skill and knowledge.

Interview Question – What executive decisions did I make in my previous position and what decisions were made by my supervisor?   View Answer

Account Agent Interview

Account Agent

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Expeditors in May 2013.

Interview Details – I saw the job opening through my school's career services website & sent my resume through the school. I was emailed about a week later about setting up an interview by the Accounting manager. It was explained to me that they like to have several people interview potential employees to get different opinions. I was first interviewed by the Sales manager and then someone working in Accounting. A little over a week after the first interview, I was contacted via email by the Accounting manager to come back in and speak with her. At this second interview, I first interviewed with two people working in the Accounting department and then finally by the Accounting manager. She informed me I would know something by the end of the day. I was called that evening with an offer.

As far as questions, they were standard interview questions.
"Tell me about you"
"Go through each job on your resume & explain what you did there and how it relates to this job"
"What do you know about Expeditors?"
"Would your being in school be a problem?" (I'm in graduate school)

Interview Question – It's not the most difficult question, but I was unprepared for the salary question during my first interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I had already read on here that they don't negotiate on salary & I was offered several thousands more than I said during second interview so I accepted.

EDI Systems Analyst Interview

EDI Systems Analyst

Interviewed at Expeditors

Interview Details – After two phone interviews, there was a series of three interviews. The first was with managers from another group. The second was with the hiring manager and one of her colleagues. The third was with higher management. Between the first and second interviews, there was a worksheet to fill out. The worksheet involved describing mapping requirements for one scenario and then identifying bugs in a code sample.

Interview Question – Questions were pretty typical. None stood out as difficult.   Answer Question

Customs Bokerage Interview

Customs Bokerage

I applied in-person - interviewed at Expeditors in July 2011.

Interview Details – I was not initially hired because I was asking to much and the person that got hired before me was getting paid horribly(ended up taking a job doubling her salary). A month later I was called back and given the position.

Interview Question – What would you like to do here at Expeditors?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Was no negotiation I made a lateral move.

Quality Assurance Intern Interview

Quality Assurance Intern
Seattle, WA

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Expeditors.

Interview Details – I had a phone interview which lasted about half an hour with basic questions and information. I then received an offer for an in person interview, three of their employees interviewed me at the same time and went down my resume and asked me questions on my activities and history as well as "Tell me about a time when..." questions.
The dress code at the office is extremely professional.

Interview Question – They gave me a technical question, by presenting me with 3 printouts of different web pages of a hypothetical website. They gave me 10 minutes alone to go through the website and think of ways of how the website could be tested for quality assurance. Basically, how to go about finding bugs in the website. It wasn't very difficult however, and they were encouraging of my answers.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Expeditors