Expeditors

87 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Account Agent Interview

Account Agent

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Expeditors in May 2013.

Interview Details – I saw the job opening through my school's career services website & sent my resume through the school. I was emailed about a week later about setting up an interview by the Accounting manager. It was explained to me that they like to have several people interview potential employees to get different opinions. I was first interviewed by the Sales manager and then someone working in Accounting. A little over a week after the first interview, I was contacted via email by the Accounting manager to come back in and speak with her. At this second interview, I first interviewed with two people working in the Accounting department and then finally by the Accounting manager. She informed me I would know something by the end of the day. I was called that evening with an offer.

As far as questions, they were standard interview questions.
"Tell me about you"
"Go through each job on your resume & explain what you did there and how it relates to this job"
"What do you know about Expeditors?"
"Would your being in school be a problem?" (I'm in graduate school)

Interview Question – It's not the most difficult question, but I was unprepared for the salary question during my first interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I had already read on here that they don't negotiate on salary & I was offered several thousands more than I said during second interview so I accepted.

EDI Systems Analyst Interview

EDI Systems Analyst

Interviewed at Expeditors

Interview Details – After two phone interviews, there was a series of three interviews. The first was with managers from another group. The second was with the hiring manager and one of her colleagues. The third was with higher management. Between the first and second interviews, there was a worksheet to fill out. The worksheet involved describing mapping requirements for one scenario and then identifying bugs in a code sample.

Interview Question – Questions were pretty typical. None stood out as difficult.   Answer Question

Customs Bokerage Interview

Customs Bokerage

I applied in-person - interviewed at Expeditors in July 2011.

Interview Details – I was not initially hired because I was asking to much and the person that got hired before me was getting paid horribly(ended up taking a job doubling her salary). A month later I was called back and given the position.

Interview Question – What would you like to do here at Expeditors?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Was no negotiation I made a lateral move.

Quality Assurance Intern Interview

Quality Assurance Intern
Seattle, WA

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Expeditors.

Interview Details – I had a phone interview which lasted about half an hour with basic questions and information. I then received an offer for an in person interview, three of their employees interviewed me at the same time and went down my resume and asked me questions on my activities and history as well as "Tell me about a time when..." questions.
The dress code at the office is extremely professional.

Interview Question – They gave me a technical question, by presenting me with 3 printouts of different web pages of a hypothetical website. They gave me 10 minutes alone to go through the website and think of ways of how the website could be tested for quality assurance. Basically, how to go about finding bugs in the website. It wasn't very difficult however, and they were encouraging of my answers.   Answer Question

EDI Developer Interview

EDI Developer

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Expeditors.

Interview Details – I applied online through their website to a couple positions. I got an email to set up a phone interview for the next week. Then there was a phone interview, then an in person interview with 4 people in the group with another 4 coming in afterwards for the technical part. Then finally did a second in person interview.

Interview Question – Explain a time when you had to work with a difficult coworker and what did you do?   Answer Question

IT Intern Interview

IT Intern

Interviewed at Expeditors

Interview Details – Applied at the career fair by submitting a resume and got a call to do on-spot phone interview. Heard back a week later to go onsite for another interview, which last for an 1.5 hours

Interview Question – all behavior questions   Answer Question

Customer Service Agent Interview

Customer Service Agent

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Expeditors.

Interview Details – You have to keep pushing them for the next step. You can't depend on them to contact you for the next step in the hiring process, they are so busy that they will forget.

Interview Question – How do you deal with conflict in the workplace?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation.

Intern Interview

Intern
Seattle, WA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Expeditors in February 2013.

Interview Details – Apply online and was called for a phone interview. Asking what do I know about Expeditors, what I learn in the college, Do I have any experience about customer service. what skills I have

Interview Question – How can I handle with the conflicts   Answer Question

Operations Analyst Interview

Operations Analyst
Inwood, NY

I applied online and the process took 8 weeks - interviewed at Expeditors in November 2012.

Interview Details – The process started with a phone interview, then multiple phone conversations with the local staff and then technical staff at their Corporate headquarters. A case study is then given to you, and you must give a presentation on it. It was a pretty fun process.

Interview Question – Knowing Icoterms!   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Claims Specialist Interview

Claims Specialist
Seattle, WA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Expeditors.

Interview Details – Two phone interviews and one in-person, team interview

Interview Question – Questions are standard.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No, negotiation - take it or leave it.