Expeditors Interview Questions

2.5

Ocean Export Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Salt Lake City, UT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Expeditors in June 2013.

Applied online and was contacted a week later via phone. Had a good conversation with the Ocean Export Supervisor and scheduled an in-person interview. The in-person interview was with the Ocean Export Supervisor and to my surprise the air export transcon manager also. The interview went well, I have nearly 5 years of experience as an Ocean Export Agent and vast knowledge of export procedures, ocean carriers, and customs requirements. They said I should hear something within a week. A week later I received an email from the Ocean Export Supervisor saying that although I had the most experience and knowledge of the candidates they are "looking for someone who is looking for opportunities to advance." It seems Expeditors values personal ambition, competition and guile over experience, skill and knowledge.

Interview Questions
    • What executive decisions did I make in my previous position and what decisions were made by my supervisor?   View Answer

Account Agent Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Expeditors in May 2013.

I saw the job opening through my school's career services website & sent my resume through the school. I was emailed about a week later about setting up an interview by the Accounting manager. It was explained to me that they like to have several people interview potential employees to get different opinions. I was first interviewed by the Sales manager and then someone working in Accounting. A little over a week after the first interview, I was contacted via email by the Accounting manager to come back in and speak with her. At this second interview, I first interviewed with two people working in the Accounting department and then finally by the Accounting manager. She informed me I would know something by the end of the day. I was called that evening with an offer.

As far as questions, they were standard interview questions.
    "Tell me about you"
    "Go through each job on your resume & explain what you did there and how it relates to this job"
    "What do you know about Expeditors?"
    "Would your being in school be a problem?" (I'm in graduate school)

Interview Questions
    • It's not the most difficult question, but I was unprepared for the salary question during my first interview.   Answer Question
    I had already read on here that they don't negotiate on salary & I was offered several thousands more than I said during second interview so I accepted.

EDI Systems Analyst Interview

After two phone interviews, there was a series of three interviews. The first was with managers from another group. The second was with the hiring manager and one of her colleagues. The third was with higher management. Between the first and second interviews, there was a worksheet to fill out. The worksheet involved describing mapping requirements for one scenario and then identifying bugs in a code sample.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were pretty typical. None stood out as difficult.   Answer Question

Customs Bokerage Interview

I applied in-person - interviewed at Expeditors in July 2011.

I was not initially hired because I was asking to much and the person that got hired before me was getting paid horribly(ended up taking a job doubling her salary). A month later I was called back and given the position.

Interview Questions
    • What would you like to do here at Expeditors?   View Answer
    Was no negotiation I made a lateral move.

Quality Assurance Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Expeditors.

I had a phone interview which lasted about half an hour with basic questions and information. I then received an offer for an in person interview, three of their employees interviewed me at the same time and went down my resume and asked me questions on my activities and history as well as "Tell me about a time when..." questions.
    The dress code at the office is extremely professional.

Interview Questions
    • They gave me a technical question, by presenting me with 3 printouts of different web pages of a hypothetical website. They gave me 10 minutes alone to go through the website and think of ways of how the website could be tested for quality assurance. Basically, how to go about finding bugs in the website. It wasn't very difficult however, and they were encouraging of my answers.   Answer Question

EDI Developer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Expeditors.

I applied online through their website to a couple positions. I got an email to set up a phone interview for the next week. Then there was a phone interview, then an in person interview with 4 people in the group with another 4 coming in afterwards for the technical part. Then finally did a second in person interview.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time when you had to work with a difficult coworker and what did you do?   Answer Question

IT Intern Interview

Applied at the career fair by submitting a resume and got a call to do on-spot phone interview. Heard back a week later to go onsite for another interview, which last for an 1.5 hours

Customer Service Agent Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Expeditors.

You have to keep pushing them for the next step. You can't depend on them to contact you for the next step in the hiring process, they are so busy that they will forget.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Expeditors in February 2013.

Apply online and was called for a phone interview. Asking what do I know about Expeditors, what I learn in the college, Do I have any experience about customer service. what skills I have

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Inwood, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Inwood, NY

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks - interviewed at Expeditors in November 2012.

The process started with a phone interview, then multiple phone conversations with the local staff and then technical staff at their Corporate headquarters. A case study is then given to you, and you must give a presentation on it. It was a pretty fun process.