Experian Americas Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Jul 13, 2014
17 interviews

2.7

Vice President Sales Interview

Be expected to enter a time warp where their idea of "swift" is a process of about 6 months. That alone told me what I needed to know.

The process seemed very choppy and lacked alignment.

Interview Questions
    • There were literally no good questions once I got to the higher levels....seriously.

The mid level leaders were sharper and were better at interviewing.

I was asked, "who does a long term strategy?" I was asked this after I asked for theirs...wow. This person was a senior leader.
        Answer Question

I wanted to work for a company where I was impressed with the senior leader's vision, strategy and execution....uh....not here.

Software Architecture Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Costa Mesa, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Costa Mesa, CA

I interviewed through a recruiter - interviewed at Experian Americas.

Be ready to discuss SOA, .NET, TIBCO, Database structure, real-time high transactions

Sales Client Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Schaumburg, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Experian Americas in January 2013.

Very short and to the point interview. Met and the decision was made within a day. I started a week later.

straight forward

Web Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Experian Americas.

Casual

Interview Questions
    • They use a lot of acronyms and company language that they just expect you to get right away.   View Answer

Sales Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Experian Americas in April 2010.

Went thru a friend for initial HR interview; then interviewed with the hiring manager; took personality test; took drug test; hired by company

Marketing Director Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Costa Mesa, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Costa Mesa, CA

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Experian Americas.

I was initially contacted by an outside recruiter. The position seemed like a fit and and I was submitted to their HR. I was told to apply via the online system and then was contacted by the internal recruiter for a phone interview. After that, I had a phone interview with the direct hiring manager. The phone screens went well and I was invited to come for an in-person interview. I met with 5 people. The interviews generally weren't difficult, pretty standard questions. I sent thank you notes and even heard back from the hiring manager and another person I met with.

Everything was professional and efficient to that point. I was told that I would hear back within a week. A week passed and I heard nothing, so I contacted the recruiter. She told me she would call me the next day. Never heard from her again. I basically wasted a day to speak with these people. What started out as a smooth, well-run process ended in a classless, completely unprofessional manner.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing in particular. Mostly standard issue interview stuff. How do you motivate people was one question.   Answer Question

Software Developer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Lincoln, NE
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lincoln, NE

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Experian Americas in April 2013.

Mostly has 2 rounds. 1. Telephonic HR round which deals with basic behavioral questions. Once you go through this, there will be at technical interview with the Hiring manager. Questions were mostly related to the project. You can expect questions in SQL server, Sharepoint stuffs. Be confident enough. You can clear the interview easily

People Leader Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Experian Americas in August 2013.

The process was painfully long....so long I just gave up after wasting my time. It seemed like a good company, but as I read the employee's feedback, it became clear that was I was experiencing was true.....slow to decide and "good ole boy network". Even one of the interviewers knew they had issues. Most annoying- the recruiter did not return calls until they needed something. Seemed not very professional.

Interview Questions
    • The interview was easy. Simple "give me an example when you..." and "what would you do if:.   Answer Question

Senior Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Irvine, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Experian Americas in October 2012.

Reached out to the recruiter through LinkedIn.
    Phone Interviews with recruiter basic screening; Thorough and informative.
    Got invited for onsite interview: (4, 1:1 Interviews)
    1. Met with Hiring Manager - Senior Director; very professional interview; was familiar with some of the products that I had worked before - all in all I thought I had satisfactory interview
    2. Met with Product Manager - more of peer; again professional and he was curious on how I could help the team - considering the position would takeover some of the responsibilities that this PM was handling
    3. Met with another director - it was oddinterview as this interviewer had some unusal questions like what makes you tick? how would yous pend your hobbies etc.
    4. Interview with Manager from Engineering team - cordial interview; interviewer was curious about my past experience

All in all it was a good interview experience and I was looking forward for the feedback from the interview.

After two weeks of no feedback; I reached out to Recruiter who told me that they were interviewing other candidates and I was under consideration.

Then another 2 weeks passed and Recruiter reached out to me again - saying that whether I would be open for another PM role but not at same seniority as I had already interviews. I said I would open for that - the recruiter informed me about passing on my interest in other role to Hiring Manager.

I never heard back from the recruiter. Leaving candidates hanging contributes to negative experience for candidates

Compliance Personnel Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Costa Mesa, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Costa Mesa, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Experian Americas in December 2012.

There were a total of 4 interviews here: 2 phone screenings with the manager and a fellow employee, one in-person interview with the whole team, and a phone interview with the Vice President of Compliance.

Interview Questions
    • Most of the questions pertained to the job and how I would approach things. I didn't find any questions particularly difficult to respond to. If you know how the ins and outs of the position, you should be fine.   Answer Question
    I submitted my counter-offer with the HR rep, who brought it to the attention of the manager. They counter-offered with me and told that it was as high as their budget allowed them to go. And I took it. So there is room for negotiation.

Worked for Experian Americas? Contribute to the Community!