Experian Americas Interview Questions

Updated Jun 17, 2015

2.8

IT Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Experian Americas (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

Interviewer was not a full time employee but a consultant and at the start made it a point to tell me he had a lot of interviews today and he may not be able to cover everything. He then proceeded ask a number of technical questions which I had no problem answering (even though I was told this was a purely management roll). When I tried to talk about managing a team and also budgets and strategy interviewer quickly changed back to technical in an almost condescending way. It reminded me of when engineers get into it about how to design a network and ego's come into to play of "well I know more then you do". I found the interviewer very unprofessional especially when I mentioned I had looked him up on Linked In and he proceeded to Bash his previous employer. After about 25 min I was asked if I had questions so I asked how quickly were they looking to move? Answer "I have been interviewing folks for two months now and well you really don't have the technical skill set were looking for but I'll let HR know about our interview". My next question "Is this a Director roll or a Sr. Engineer role"? Answer well you need to be both, (see next questions below) and this is coming from a consultant! Impression I received was this person doesn't want any one hired so they can keep billing and the actual hiring manager /HR is to busy to see the forest for the tree's. I have retracted my application so even if an offer is made I will turn it down.

Interview Questions

• P1 - Do you think you have the skill set to challenge a network engineer?   1 Answer
    • Q: Can you configure, trouble shoot and repair servers your self ?   1 Answer

Interview

Be expected to enter a time warp where their idea of "swift" is a process of about 6 months. That alone told me what I needed to know. The process seemed very choppy and lacked alignment.

Interview Questions

• There were literally no good questions once I got to the higher levels....seriously. The mid level leaders were sharper and were better at interviewing. I was asked, "who does a long term strategy?" I was asked this after I asked for theirs...wow. This person was a senior leader.   Answer Question

I wanted to work for a company where I was impressed with the senior leader's vision, strategy and execution....uh....not here.

Software Architecture Interview

Anonymous Employee in Costa Mesa, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Experian Americas (Costa Mesa, CA).

Interview

Be ready to discuss SOA, .NET, TIBCO, Database structure, real-time high transactions

Web Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Experian Americas.

Interview

Casual

Interview Questions

• They use a lot of acronyms and company language that they just expect you to get right away.   1 Answer

Marketing Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Costa Mesa, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Experian Americas (Costa Mesa, CA).

Interview

I was initially contacted by an outside recruiter. The position seemed like a fit and and I was submitted to their HR. I was told to apply via the online system and then was contacted by the internal recruiter for a phone interview. After that, I had a phone interview with the direct hiring manager. The phone screens went well and I was invited to come for an in-person interview. I met with 5 people. The interviews generally weren't difficult, pretty standard questions. I sent thank you notes and even heard back from the hiring manager and another person I met with. Everything was professional and efficient to that point. I was told that I would hear back within a week. A week passed and I heard nothing, so I contacted the recruiter. She told me she would call me the next day. Never heard from her again. I basically wasted a day to speak with these people. What started out as a smooth, well-run process ended in a classless, completely unprofessional manner.

Interview Questions

• Nothing in particular. Mostly standard issue interview stuff. How do you motivate people was one question.   Answer Question

People Leader Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Experian Americas in August 2013.

Interview

The process was painfully long....so long I just gave up after wasting my time. It seemed like a good company, but as I read the employee's feedback, it became clear that was I was experiencing was true.....slow to decide and "good ole boy network". Even one of the interviewers knew they had issues. Most annoying- the recruiter did not return calls until they needed something. Seemed not very professional.

Interview Questions

• The interview was easy. Simple "give me an example when you..." and "what would you do if:.   Answer Question

Software Developer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lincoln, NE

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Experian Americas (Lincoln, NE) in April 2013.

Interview

Mostly has 2 rounds. 1. Telephonic HR round which deals with basic behavioral questions. Once you go through this, there will be at technical interview with the Hiring manager. Questions were mostly related to the project. You can expect questions in SQL server, Sharepoint stuffs. Be confident enough. You can clear the interview easily

Senior Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Experian Americas in April 2013.

Interview

I applied online and received a call back about 2 weeks later. There were 2 phone interviews and 2 days of in-person interviews. The initial phone interview was with the recruiter, the next was with the hiring manager (VP). This was followed by an in-person interview with the Hiring Manager (VP) and her direct manager (EVP). I was asked to develop a presentation on a specific topic and present it to the hiring manager on the day of my in-person interview. The last interview was with another team member (VP).

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not really negotiable. I asked for more and only received an extra $1,000 - $2,000 as I had already reached the salary cap for the role.

Manager, for the Corporate Communications Department Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Experian Americas (Schaumburg, IL).

Interview

The job posting was made available in February. I had one or two phone interviews with the company recruiters which basically went over my experience against the requiremenets for the role. Then I met with the hiring manager, that person's manager and another person on the team. Questions were fairly straightforward. The entire process was quite lengthy. Applied in February and didn't start until the end of August. Not sure if that's changed since.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle difficult personalities?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I tried to negotiate vacation time and the recruiter made a mistake and told me that it wouldn't be a problem. It was since they're on a fixed vacation schedule for all employees based on tenure but it worked out in my favor in the way of an additional bump in salary and a higher bonus structure that was grandfathered in.

Sales Client Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Experian Americas (Schaumburg, IL) in January 2013.

Interview

Very short and to the point interview. Met and the decision was made within a day. I started a week later.

Negotiation

straight forward