Experian Data Quality UK Technical Analyst Interview Questions

Updated May 29, 2015

2.3

Interviews for Top Jobs at Experian Data Quality UK

Technical Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at Experian Data Quality UK (London, England (UK)) in January 2011.

Interview

Phone interview, followed by face to face interview with hiring manager and either a HR representative or other middle manager. If they like you they will sit you with the team to gain feedback on how you respond and then proceed to upper management interview.

Negotiation

I was not really in a position to negotiate, though I think there is definitely scope for it for those with experience.

Other Interview Reviews for Experian Data Quality UK

Technical Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Experian Data Quality UK (London, England (UK)) in January 2011.

Interview

Phone interview with manager.
    - Easy discussion about previous experience and generally about points on CV

Followed by a 2 stage panel interview.
    First stage was manager and department head
    - This stage involved all the usual questions, nothing taxing
    - Basic 'technical' challenge involving segmenting 'fudge' into different numbers of pieces - primary school grade challenge
    Second stage was director
    - This was just a discussion of the different items on CV

Interview Questions

• How do you split a tin of fudge into 7, 9, and some other amount of perfectly square pieces.   Answer Question

Technical Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Experian Data Quality UK (London, England (UK)) in October 2010.

Interview

Initially saw a role for a Graduate Technical Analyst on the Monster website. Was unaware that it was at Experian QAS. Application process was simple; just a CV and covering letter.

Surprisingly I got a call from the recruitment administrator the next day to arrange a telephone interview with the Technical manager a few days after.

Telephone Interview was fairly straightforward, just fairly common competency questions drawing upon my CV, past work experiences, reasons for choosing degree course, favourite modules in degree course etc. Some questions were a bit difficult i.e describe a time in detail when you had to deal with a difficult customer, and how you resolved it? Other standard questions included: What do you know about Experian QAS?, Why do you want to work for Experian QAS?, What makes you suitable for this role etc... Quite a lot of emphasis during the telephone interview was placed on the knowledge of Experian QAS products, so make sure you prepare fully by researching in detail the various products on the website if applying for a Tech role.

Phone interview lasted 30 mins overall. Recruitment administrator then contacted me a few days after, to say that they were keen to see more for a face-face interview at their head-office in Clapham, South London. Interview was schedule for 1 week after, due to Technical recruitment team being busy with other projects. I used this time to my own advantage by preparing as fully as possible, including learning all their products by heart!

The first thing that strikes you when entering the Experian QAS George West house headquarters, is the building itself. The historic 4 storey building itself is impressive in it's style and architecture. Upon entering, the modern interior couldn't be more contradictory to the regal style of the building.

The panel interviewing me consisted of two members: The Technical Manager and the Software distribution manager. Interview lasted 45 mins, and the questions were very similar to the competency ones covered in the phone interview i.e why do want to work here, what makes Experian QAS stand out for you, why do you think you are suitable for this role? Knowledge of the company software products was covered in more detail, so it is a good idea to prepare well. Other questions included: Describe a time when you had to work in a team to complete a difficult task. How did you go about resolving it? Describe a time when you had to work with a difficult team member, what did you learn from it? What are your strengths & weaknesses?...etc
    I found the interview panel were very pleasant, and responded positively and did not try to catch me out/ make nervous etc. After most of my answers they kept on saying "excellent, good" which I thought was encouraging. However it is important not to take everything at face value, which I would find out afterwards.

Upon completing the interview, I was presented with a rather strange problem solving task which lasted 15mins. The task itself was a simple maths problem, but requires more thought then it appears. Initially I misread the task, but upon clarification I was able to complete it.

I thought that the interview went quite positive, and I was looking forward to receiving a favourable reply. Especially considering the amount of time & effort that I'd invested in preparing. They said that they would contact me within 1 week.

So I was shocked when I got a call from the recruitment administrator a few days afterwards, to tell me that they won't be taking my application any further for the weakest reasons that I've come across. Apparently they thought that my knowledge of the company products was not strong enough, and they felt that I was not able to follow instructions properly.

Overall a quite disappointing experience, and a waste of time & effort.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to work with a difficult team member. How did you go about resolving it?   Answer Question
    • Suppose that you have to deal with a urgent email from a important client, and at the same time you get a urgent phone call. Who would you deal with first and why?   Answer Question