Experian Data Quality US

Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales Development Associate Interview

Sales Development Associate
Boston, MA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Experian Data Quality US in December 2013.

Interview Details – Amazingly, the process only took a couple of days. I first got an email of interest and accepted. Then I planned for a phone screening which was good. Then finally got a look at the office with a face-to-face interview.

The place was right in the heart of Boston around the Financial District, near South Station. I remember the interview taking place some time after 5pm - LATE. As I exited South Station there was a plethora of humanity exiting the office buildings. No joke. It’s as if there was a fire drill and everyone had to vacate the premises. It was an incredible sight to see.

But then I realized one specific building that didn’t have people coming out of it. I thought it was a residential building – some high-rise condo or something. When I arrived it was nothing more than an office building. The reviews for this place were right – You come in to work before 8am and don’t leave until after 6pm!!

Inside, as I waited patiently, I noticed the structure of the office – there were cubicles but divided into sections. One section of cubicles had really sociable workers and looked as if they were enjoying their work while the other section had quiet workers.

Interview Question – At the interview we were sitting in what looked like to be a mini library. It was a casual interview at first until it started going full speed. Some of the questions were confusing. I guess it was a technique to throw me off balance. All in all, the experience was so-so.

When was the last time you had a “happy accident?”
  View Answer

Sales Development Associate Interview

Sales Development Associate
Boston, MA

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Experian Data Quality US in September 2012.

Interview Details – 1 phone interview, 1 in person with Sales Dev Manager, 1 follow up with 2+ Sr. Managers. Process took about 1 week total.

Interview Question – What is the last book that you read?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No Negotiation

Customer Support Coordinator Interview

Customer Support Coordinator
Boston, MA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Experian Data Quality US in December 2012.

Interview Details – It was a three hour interview. They didn't care what I knew about the company but they tested me on how to use Excel spreadsheets and formulas. I met with three managers who asked me a million times how interested I was in the position. It was a very long, drawn out interview and I felt like I was asked the same questions multiple times.

Interview Question – Nothing too difficult to answer.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They would not negotiate salary AT ALL. It was a set rate and they wouldn't even discuss the possibility for a higher pay.

Sda Interview

Sda

Interviewed at Experian Data Quality US

Interview Details – 2 Face to Face Interviews

Sales Executive Interview

Sales Executive
Jersey City, NJ

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Experian Data Quality US in August 2012.

Interview Details – Not a exaggeration, but this is the worst interview I have ever been on. Location: Jersey City, NJ "called the NY office" as they can't afford rent in Manhattan. My first recommendation would be don't take the interview & don't work here. It started when the recruiter first complained about me being 5 months unemployed, saying 3 months is our maximum. The recruiter told me the secret to getting the job is asking educated questions- he whispered when he said that. Nevertheless, he pushed me through to the Regional Manager (the one who does the in person interviews) he is was very rude and walked out of the interview after reading what he already knew to be true I have been unemployed for five months. He said, "That's just too long to be unemployed, you won't last here" and then he left the room and stood outside the door. I said okay after he left the room and saw him standing outside the door and just said nothing.

Interview Questions

• Regional Manager of Jersey City walking out of the room, and not allowing me to even asking any question. His most unexpected question, " Why have you been unemployed for five months?" He made it sound like a disease.   View Answer
  • Do you have to work here? What I mean is, we are looking for people that need to work here and don't have a lot of other choices that will mean they will last longer in tenure here.   View Answer

Web Marketing Intern Interview

Web Marketing Intern
Boston, MA

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Experian Data Quality US in August 2011.

Interview Details – The goal of the hiring process was to hire an intern that will work full time at the end of the internship. I found about this position online and submitted my application online. I was surprised to receive a call back in the next few days. For the position I was applying for there were 3 steps.

First there was a phone interview. The interview told me a bit about the company and asked me to describe myself. Then asked about my background. He spent a lot of time asking about my plans for the future. I guess I answered well enough because I got a second interview.

The second interview was at the Boston office and I met the phone interviewer face to face. The office was very nice and it was open floor full of desks and cubicles. There was a lot of activity and it seemed that people enjoyed working there. I am guessing the general purpose of this interview to to assess my personality and background. It was a very casual conversation and many of the questions were a mix of "fun" questions and traditional interview questions (Tell me about yourself/strengths/weaknesses.) I learned more about the position and how the company operated. Then I had to go to a third interview to meet the rest of the team.

The third interview consisted of meeting the head of the team, a co-worker, the original interviewer. The first interviewer was very direct and asked me the same questions that I was asked in the second interview. Except he focused more questions about my accomplishments. The co-worker was a former intern herself and was there to answer questions about the culture and work environment. Afterwards I meet with the original interviewer, he gave me three exercises to work on. First was developing a marketing plan for a new product in 5-10 mins. Second exercise was to look at their marketing funnel and talk about which aspect would I focus on. Third exercise was to explain how would I solve a hypothetical problem/situation.

The company seem to take great care into who they hire which is a good thing. Most employees are under 30 and so they want people who not only work hard and play hard. The interviewer was very friendly and professional. Personality and presentation plays a big part of the interview which is probably why I didn't get the position.

Interview Questions

Sales Interview

Sales
San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Experian Data Quality US in September 2010.

Interview Details – I had one interview with the hiring manager. He was very nice, but very inexperienced. He spent the entire 60 minutes talking about how great the company was, what they did, what the team was like, and what QAS brought to the table, etc. I did not have the opportunity to talk about my experience or what I brought to the table. Comments were also made about my already existing experience being more than what they need rather than an advantage to them, which I found to be odd, and again, it was stated to me without an opportunity for me to provide a response.

Hiring process appears to have a 'spaghetti on the wall' strategy to it; in addition my impression was that they were looking to hire a candidate of specific age and gender (of which I did not fit the profile) - based on statements that were made to me.

Interview Question – What do you know about this job so far?   Answer Question

Support Analyst Interview

Support Analyst
Boston, MA

I applied through other source and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Experian Data Quality US in October 2010.

Interview Details – Somehow this company found me on Monster.com and called me up for an interview. I had never heard of them before and thought they were fake, but I talked to my hiring manager over the phone and he asked me to come in for a face-to-face. The face-to-face was mostly the people interviewing me telling me how much they loved the company but not much about the job, which I thought was weird. They focused a lot more on the social aspect of the company than anything else, and most of what they said wasn't even true. The questions for non-obviously focused on ruling out people that can make their own decisions, however they did it in a friendly and very calculated way.

Interview Question – You have 8 eggs and a balancing scale to weigh them on. One of these 8 eggs is heavier than the others. How many times do you have to use the scale to find the odd one out?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation process; they don't even present an actual offer to you until after you've accepted the position they offer, taking away any shot at a negotiation. If you say no to what they have written in your official offer letter (which they make you come in to sign, rather than mail it out to you) they'll just say thanks and move on to the next candidate. Be prepared to take or fake a drug test, and know that they do an extensive background on all employees.

Account Manager Interview

Account Manager

Interviewed at Experian Data Quality US

Interview Details – The interview process was very steamline and professional.

Interview Question – Behavioral Based questions around my sales experience.   View Answer

Worked for Experian Data Quality US? Contribute to the Community!