Experian

2.8

9 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Senior QA Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Costa Mesa, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Experian in July 2014.

The company doesn't respect interview candidates.

Had four separate interviews with Experian (2 of them face-to-face).

After having all of these interviews, nobody ever got back to me to say whether I got the job or not.

That was a lot of time spent on the interview process.

What does that tell you about the company?

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Costa Mesa, CA

Lots of interviews. Long process. Did not seem to have a focus on what exactly they were looking for in candidates. The processes is quite lengthy and you have to come back at least three times.

Interview Questions

The culture of layoffs and favortism

Finance Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Costa Mesa, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Experian in June 2013.

The interview process began with a phone interview (basic screening) with a HR representative. A few days later, the company arranged an in-person panel interview with the team's manager and senior manager. Received an offer shortly after the in-person interview. The process took about 5 days and was a pleasant and professional experience.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were standard behavioral with some excel/finance-related questions   Answer Question

Individual Contributor In IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orange, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orange, CA

I applied through other source. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Experian.

met with hiring Director and told her she needed to hire me.

Interview Questions
    • none - she knew she needed help and she asked me to write my own job description.   Answer Question
    there was none, I was looking at unemployment as the alternative

Software Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Costa Mesa, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Experian in December 2012.

They do a lot of group interviews, the interview process is one phone interview with recruiter and then another phone interview with hiring manager and then one group interview in person. Even HR manager and CIO wants to interview you.

Interview Questions
    • Unexpected question about how to do manage developers to work on 3 - 4 projects concurrently in a 40 hrs weeks.   Answer Question
    About 7 days of negotiations (back n forth) to get the right salary package. No bonus offered. Very slow in getting the official offer letter in mail. The recruiters are very helpful.

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Costa Mesa, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Experian in September 2009.

After going through a number of telephone screening interviews with HR, the hiring manager, and a potential peer, I was invited to the Costa Mesa campus. I was flown out and put up in a local hotel by the company at their expense. I met 1:1 with numerous potential peers and eventually my hiring manager face to face. All of the interviews were nice, people were engaging and open. I specifically did research on every one of them and they really seemed to be impressed by the fact that I knew a lot of little things. When I met with my hiring manager, the initial enthusiasm that she had for me over the phone was not there and after a very short meeting, I met one more person and that was it.

After a few weeks delay, I got a call from the manager telling me that I was a fantastic candidate, that I did not make the next cut and I would be kept in mind for other positions. She also went on to say that no candidate was perfect so I remember feeling as if there was no standout candidate. Maybe, maybe not.

Interview Questions
    • Describe an experience where you did not agree with an assessment of your work.   Answer Question

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Costa Mesa, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Experian in February 2009.

I was referred by an employee who was also the hiring manager. HR representative set up in person interviews with Finance manager, 2 Finance Directors, and the VP of Finance. Interviews varied based on the preference of the interviewer. For example, one Finance Director asked very detailed and thorough questions on my background and specific skills and the other was more high level and personality based (integrity, work-ethic, etc.). Interviews were approx. 30min each. To complete all interviews took 2 separate visits. The final step was a skills test for excel and finance modeling, before the offer was made. Advice on the process.. highlight how specific job experience applies to role applying for

They will negotiate

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Experian in November 2008.

I met with two member of senior management back to back for an hour each. They were question and answer interviews with an emphasis on past experience and accomplishments. I would recommend a potential candidate brush up on specific examples of experiences they have had in performing the work that was outlined in the job description.

Interview Questions
    I accepted the offer they gave me. All of the negotiation happened with the recruiter.

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Experian in February 2007.

Saw an ad online, sent in resume. Recruiter called me and did initial phone screen. After a quick 20 min chat, was scheduled to come in for an in-person interview.

Came in for the interview and met with 4 people; the hiring manager, and 3 indirect managers. Everyone was extremely polite, welcoming, answered all my questions. Interview was the typical fare, got asked the standard questions, but was also generally casual. Didn't pressured at all. The entire process took about 2 1/2 hours.

Within a couple days, the recruiter called back to tell me they liked me and emailed a job offer, which I accepted.

Interview Questions
    • All questions asked were very ordinary, and what you should expect during any interview. Tell me about yourself. What are you strengths/weaknesses? Why are you looking for a new job? etc.   Answer Question
    The entire interview/negotiation process at Experian is fairly ad hoc. It will probably depend on the hiring manager and the type of day everyone's having.

Can't really speak to the negotiation process as they offered me more than I was expecting, which made the decision very easy. Although, I had only a couple days to think the offer over.