Experian Marketing Services

Engaged Employer

Experian Marketing Services Account Manager Interview Questions

2.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Experian Marketing Services (New York, NY).

Interview

Phone Interview with HR/Recruiter, then an in person interview with about 3-4 teams (2 interviews per team) about a week later (before the interviews had to take a written test which consisted of a combination of basic HTML questions and database logic questions)

Interview Questions

• On the written test: write a query using the data set (e.g. where city is New York or LA and gender is female)   1 Answer

Negotiation

HR called with an offer, I counter negotiated, HR said they would call me back. About a day later, same HR person called to bump up offer (although not as high as my counter offer).

Other Interview Reviews for Experian Marketing Services

Account Manager Interview

Interview

Applied online, sent in resume and received a phone call about maybe 3 months later. Went through a pretty basic and casual phone interview. Passed through the first interview and then heard about the following interview process. Two in-person, paper and pencil tests (2-3 hours long), another phone interview quiz and supposedly another in person quiz with an actual interviewer.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Experian Marketing Services (New York, NY) in October 2012.

Interview

Contacted by HR and set up interview with 2 teams. Culture seems pretty laid back. Managers like to drink with their clients.

Interview Questions

• None of the questions were terribly difficult. If you can speak intelligently about Email, you're in.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Experian Marketing Services (New York, NY).

Interview

I was contacted by phone by a Hiring Manager and she conducted a phone interview. Shortly after I was contacted by email to set up and in-person 3 hour interview. At the interview I took and HTML & Data Query test which was not hard at all. I also interviewed with 6 different people who were pleasant and asked general questions about my experience and where do I see myself in 5 years. I was a little hesitant about the interview process because there are a lot of steps but in the end deft worth it.

Interview Questions

• If you have a problem with a colleague, how would you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Experian Marketing Services (New York, NY) in March 2012.

Interview

After applying online, I was contacted by their recruiter on a Monday and was asked basic questions on my background and goals. That Wednesday, I went in for an in-person interview where I took 2 paper-and-pen tests, 1 on HTML and 1 on database logic. I then met 1:1 with 5 different people at different levels and were asked typical interview questions such as strengths/weaknesses, background, and experience. They were all very friendly and seemed to be really looking for if you're good at multitasking, have strong organization skills, and have dealt with customers/people before. Later that Friday, I had a phone interview with the Director of the department and afterwards HR made their offer. Seemed really quick! BTW, they take their background check/drug test very seriously and have rejected people if they failed either of these.

Interview Questions

• HTML test consisted of basic code questions such as giving you a sentence formatted in different boldness,italics, alignment, and hyperlinks, and you would need to hand-write the HTML to format that exact sentence. Also be familiar with recognizing code for tables and buttons.   Answer Question
    • Database logic test requires you to write out database queries based on criteria they give you. They aren't in straight SQL format but follows same query logic. Pretty simple.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Experian Marketing Services (New York, NY) in August 2011.

Interview

I was contact by the recruiter -We set up a phone interview. She wanted to know about my background and my past experience. She said the next step would be a test for my HTML skills and she confirmed a time with me and said she will email me the confirmation with the date, time and address. But I never heard back from her.

I was glad I didn't hear from the company because even though I understand that they are a part of a big brand name like Experian but they were literally offering peanuts when it comes to money like $38 to 40K, that after I have about 2 years of work experience in digital marketing.

Overall I would say my experience with the company was not that good.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Experian Marketing Services (New York, NY) in July 2011.

Interview

The process consisted of applying online, a brief phone interview with HR, and an in-person interview combined with 2 skills tests- one in HTML and one in data logic. Overall, the interview was relatively easy, though it was important to have an understanding of HTML going in. HR took a while getting back for the in-person interview, but I was advised to continue "nagging" them, and eventually I heard back. Ability to work in groups was important.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you did not understand something at work?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Experian Marketing Services (New York, NY) in February 2010.

Interview

Interviewed on two consecutive days with 6 different people, after the phone interview with HR on "day 0". Typical questions asked about work style and experience. Everyone explained their role in the company and team and left time for questions.

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Experian Marketing Services in March 2010.

Interview

The whole interview process started with an email from the HR representative to ask for another copy of my updated resume. I was then part of two round of interviews with two different teams and was offered a position less than 2 weeks from the initial start of the process. Highly energetic and friendly interviewers made me want to be a part of the company. The office was new and the culture seemed casual but with a commitment to excellence.

Interview Questions

• If you had concert tickets for tonight but your client needed some additional work done or haven't given approval yet, how would you go about it? Would you give the tickets away or still go to the concert?   Answer Question