Experian Marketing Services Cross-Channel Marketing
www.experian.com New York, NY

Experian Marketing Services Cross-Channel Marketing Interview Questions & Reviews

Getting the Interview

21 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at Experian Marketing Services Cross-Channel Marketing

Interview Details – Applied online, sent in resume and received a phone call about maybe 3 months later. Went through a pretty basic and casual phone interview. Passed through the first interview and then heard about the following interview process. Two in-person, paper and pencil tests (2-3 hours long), another phone interview quiz and supposedly another in person quiz with an actual interviewer.

Interview Question – What do you know about Experian?   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Experian Marketing Services Cross-Channel Marketing in October 2012.

Interview Details – Contacted by HR and set up interview with 2 teams. Culture seems pretty laid back. Managers like to drink with their clients.

Interview Question – None of the questions were terribly difficult. If you can speak intelligently about Email, you're in.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Software Developer Interview

Software Developer
New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Experian Marketing Services Cross-Channel Marketing.

Interview Details – Got an interview through a recruiter I met at a career fair in NYC. I had an interview with 4 individuals. One project manager, one team manager, one senior manager, & one developer. Hardly any technical questions. I think that they were supposed to give me a technical written test, but it was forgotten. I almost didn't accept the job because the interview process was so poor. The recruiter was also very pushy & it was clear he was only interested in his commission rather than in my best interests.

Interview Question – Questions about my future career plans. Not a big deal.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I negotiated a $5k salary increase, but this was still far below market value. I accepted because I thought the corporate culture would match my personality, which it did/does. The recruiter told me that with my skills, I should be earning $85-95k per year. This job offered me $75k. I was only able to negotiate up to $80k, the reason being that my salary should be on par with other members of the team.

Senior Account Manager
New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Experian Marketing Services Cross-Channel Marketing in August 2012.

Interview Details – Call from Recruiter. Call from CheetahMail. Setup interview to go in. Was required to do a test in SQL and HTML (check other reviewers for exact questions). Got there at 10am. Took test in lobby while other people chatted and some guys who worked their jerked around. Was left in lobby area till 12pm. Then brought in for interview. Met with 7 people over 3.5 hour period. Left feeling confident. Was called the next day and let know I didn't get the job.

Although everyone was pleasant and nice enough, the interview was exhausting after awhile as the multiple teams asked the same questions ove and over, typical interview questions. Felt like I was getting picked for a recess kickball team, as Team 1 had 3 people that interviewed me and Team 2 had 4 people that interviewed me, 1 by 1, never in any particular order.

1 Employee who interviewed me had worked their for no more then 3 weeks. She was younger then me and seem more inexperienced then me.

Overall, kinda a waste of time on my part, and really crazy for them to take 7 employees and do this to them for a candidate they thought was not qualified or whatever. If I wasn't an acceptable candidate why the cycle of interviews?

Interview Question – The most difficult questions are the SQL test questions, which are not hard, but take some concentration, and are hard to figure out when there is so much activity around you. You can probably cheat though as no one is watching you.   Answer Question

Client Implementation Lead Interview

Client Implementation Lead
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Experian Marketing Services Cross-Channel Marketing.

Interview Details – Went through a 4 hour interview in one sitting. Started work within a few days.

Client Implementation Lead Interview

Client Implementation Lead
New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Experian Marketing Services Cross-Channel Marketing in October 2010.

Interview Details – Longer than average interview process but will be done in 2-3 rounds at most. Allocate at least 2-3 hours per interview session.

You will meet a lot of people in the team you will be working in and be interviewed by your peers as well as managers and senior leadership.

Casual interview, don't always ask typical boring interview questions. I enjoyed meeting everyone during my interview process.

You will complete a basic HTML and Segmentation logic test (simpler than writting SQL queries). If you have logic, this will be a no brainer.

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Experian Marketing Services Cross-Channel Marketing.

Interview Details – I was contacted by phone by a Hiring Manager and she conducted a phone interview. Shortly after I was contacted by email to set up and in-person 3 hour interview. At the interview I took and HTML & Data Query test which was not hard at all. I also interviewed with 6 different people who were pleasant and asked general questions about my experience and where do I see myself in 5 years. I was a little hesitant about the interview process because there are a lot of steps but in the end deft worth it.

Interview Question – If you have a problem with a colleague, how would you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Senior Account Manager
New York, NY

Interview Details – I received an email from the HR recruiter and later had a screening call with her. She told me she was going to have someone contact me to set up on site interviews. A couple days later I got an email with the interview schedule. The schedule had 4 half hour interviews and a 1.5 hr test. I arrived early and waited in the lobby. I then meet with the first 4 people. Questions asked:

Tell me about yourself.
Why Cheetahmail?
Why did you leave your last job?
What would you do if you could do anything?
Tell about your strengthens and weaknesses?
Tell me about a project you managed.
How do you stay organized?
What do you do if you've made a mistake?

Then they talked a lot of Cheetahmail, what kind of culture it is, etc. After the first 4 people I was surprised to speak with 2 more people. Finally I took the test.

Test was 2 parts, HTML and logic test. It is not a straight forward SQL test, but knowing SQL helps. HTML questions were about tables, formatting (bold, underline, italic, color), hyperlinks, image links, inputs. The logic test also asked about data normalization. They gave 3 sets of data and asked what observations do you make. You dont actually have to normalize it, but make comments of the inconsistencies and what you would change.

The day after my interview the HR person called and asked how I felt the interview went and if I was interviewing with anyone else. A few hours later a got another call extending the offer.

Interview Questions

New York, NY

I interviewed at Experian Marketing Services Cross-Channel Marketing in July 2012.

Interview Details – The interview process was a mess. They emailed me a schedule, then emailed again a day before the interview to change the time. On the day of the interview, they switched the schedule and interviewers around on me and also switched me in and out of different meeting rooms on different floors.

I met with 6 people in total. The first 2 were unprofessional and rude. They acted like they were recently out of college and this was their first job. They made completely erroneous assumptions about me and told me my personality was not a good fit based on these erroneous assumptions. At that point, I was wondering if I should just call it quits since it did not seem like a place I wanted to work at. Fortunately, the following interviews were more professional--conducted by people who had actual professional experience.

After the interviews, I took the HTML and query logic tests. They left me in the reception area, where it was difficult to concentrate because of the chatter--there were 3 people eating and preparing something or other. They all left for the day shortly before I finished. I sat around for 10-15 minutes until I could flag down a random employee who was entering. She was nice enough to grab an HR person so that I could submit my tests.

The tests themselves were pretty easy. The query logic test would have been easier if it had been a straight SQL test. Their fake language could have been designed better.

Interview Question – Describe a time when you had to get someone to complete a task they didn't want to. How did you accomplish this?   View Answer

E-mail Account Manager (Virtual Position) Interview

Dallas, TX

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Experian Marketing Services Cross-Channel Marketing in May 2012.

Interview Details – I was first contacted by someone in HR for a screening interview over the phone. She was very pleasant. Next I had an over the phone interview with someone who held the same position I was applying for. He was also very pleasant, easy to talk to, and was very impressed with my qualifications. After that I had an in-person interview with a couple of higher ups. They were clearly very busy, flustered and unprepared for the interview. One of them was very rude, paying more attention to the texts and emails coming through on his phone and computer than to me. He didn't ask me too many questions, but when he did, he did so in a belittling and disrespectful way. I took the SQL and HTML tests like everyone else. I was contacted a couple days later via email to let me know I didn't get the job. That's okay, I got two other offers from much more professional companies not too long after.

Interview Question – They kept harping on the fact that you needed to be available 24-7 to handle client crisis...They seemed to be trying to trip me up by giving these crazy scenarios where the entire fate of the company rested in my hands....
What would you do if the client needed a last minute change to the email and it was something out of your skill set and there was a blackout, tornado, hurricane and blizzard all at the same time and you couldn't reach any of us? (okay I embellished a little there...)
  Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Experian Marketing Services Cross-Channel Marketing

Worked for Experian Marketing Services Cross-Channel Marketing? Contribute to the Community!

Experian Marketing Services Cross-Channel Marketing Photos

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Experian Marketing Services Cross-Channel Marketing interview questions and advice. All 21 interview reviews posted anonymously by Experian Marketing Services Cross-Channel Marketing employees and interview candidates.