Experian Marketing Services

Updated Nov 17, 2014
Updated Nov 17, 2014

2.8

Client Implementation Lead Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Experian Marketing Services.

Was an extensive process with a team of managers, but standard questions and not stressful. Managers were all younger, educated, professional people, which was nice. After a half day of being interviewed by management, you go home and wait for a call. Talent acquisition advises whether or not you have an offer, which you can negotiate.

Interview Questions
    • Given certain scenarios (which could relate to the role), and asked what would be the best way to QA this process   Answer Question
    Negotiating was a bit of back and forth, but ultimately settled as I was happy with the offer.

Incident Manager Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Experian Marketing Services in November 2014.

Went through 4 interviews with various managers in both Malaysia and U.S. Great experience as all interviews were very smooth. The review process was very rigorous and thorough but i find it great because I was also able to really ask myself if I'm suitable for the role.

Interview Questions
    • Provide an example of an incident report you would send to senior management   Answer Question
    Pleasant and smooth. I had an extremely good recruiter who helped me along the entire process. She made the difference in the entire process

Client Relationship Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Experian Marketing Services.

The interview process was great. Day one I received an email from HR saying that I was a good fit and to apply. The day after applying I had a phone screen. That was followed up with an email scheduling a site visit. I came in, did a hand-written test, and then interviewed with the manager. The next day I received a call from HR letting me know I am in consideration but they had other interviews scheduled. I should have an answer by the end of the week. Scheduling conflicts and "redirectioning" took place. But HR continued to call or email me with updates. That rocked

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Experian Marketing Services.

Phone Interview with HR/Recruiter, then an in person interview with about 3-4 teams (2 interviews per team) about a week later (before the interviews had to take a written test which consisted of a combination of basic HTML questions and database logic questions)

Interview Questions
    • On the written test: write a query using the data set (e.g. where city is New York or LA and gender is female)   View Answer
    HR called with an offer, I counter negotiated, HR said they would call me back. About a day later, same HR person called to bump up offer (although not as high as my counter offer).

Multicultural Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Costa Mesa, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Costa Mesa, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Experian Marketing Services in January 2014.

The HR manager was very cooperative and quite helpful in setting up and organizing the interviews sending several emails and calls over holidays. At the end of the long interview day, HR manager said she would email to let me know the results, but to it was obvious I wasn't going to get an offer. Never heard back from them, which surprised me, given the HR manager's initial contact and friendliness.

Interview Questions
    • The most unexpected question was if I had seen "The Bachelor" episode that week.   View Answer
    • Another interviewer referred somewhat sarcastically about my experience with brand names and then started asking questions unrelated to the job description or requirements.   View Answer

Account Manager Interview

Applied online, sent in resume and received a phone call about maybe 3 months later. Went through a pretty basic and casual phone interview. Passed through the first interview and then heard about the following interview process. Two in-person, paper and pencil tests (2-3 hours long), another phone interview quiz and supposedly another in person quiz with an actual interviewer.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Experian Marketing Services.

Got an interview through a recruiter I met at a career fair in NYC. I had an interview with 4 individuals. One project manager, one team manager, one senior manager, & one developer. Hardly any technical questions. I think that they were supposed to give me a technical written test, but it was forgotten. I almost didn't accept the job because the interview process was so poor. The recruiter was also very pushy & it was clear he was only interested in his commission rather than in my best interests.

Interview Questions
    • Questions about my future career plans. Not a big deal.   Answer Question
    I negotiated a $5k salary increase, but this was still far below market value. I accepted because I thought the corporate culture would match my personality, which it did/does. The recruiter told me that with my skills, I should be earning $85-95k per year. This job offered me $75k. I was only able to negotiate up to $80k, the reason being that my salary should be on par with other members of the team.

Client Implementation Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Experian Marketing Services.

Went through a 4 hour interview in one sitting. Started work within a few days.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Experian Marketing Services in October 2012.

Contacted by HR and set up interview with 2 teams. Culture seems pretty laid back. Managers like to drink with their clients.

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions were terribly difficult. If you can speak intelligently about Email, you're in.   Answer Question

Senior SQA Analyst Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Experian Marketing Services in October 2012.

Telephonic Interview with Manager followed by face to face with another manager and team member. General Datawarehouse related questions. SQL join questions. QA methodology related questions
    Overall process took 2 weeks. Overall 3 people interviewed me.

Interview Questions
    • There was no difficult question as such. Difference between left and right join   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation.