Experian Marketing Services Interview Questions in New York City, NY

Updated Jul 29, 2015

Engagement Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Experian Marketing Services (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

Submitted resume via experian career site, later contacted by a HR rep about 2-3 weeks later. Conversation went well and I was later told the next day I was selected for a in person. I interviewed with the manager of the department and another member of the team. It went really smooth and conversation was pleasant. During the interview I was told I would definitely be getting a email with the details on the next round which was a case study. It was a very easy case study profiling a brands audience. Very easy if you dealt with consumer insights data before. After submitting case study I was told I would need to do another onsite and do a presentation based on the case study I submitted. Was super easy, met with the same 2 people prior and another new person who was on call. They asked questions here and there and provided great feedback but overall I was told I did a good job.

Interview Questions

• Questions were more so about past experience and if I was familiar with their consumer data systems. Also asked what kind of clients I dealt with in the past and how many clients did I have.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiation was very easy, did not have to deal with back fourth. I got what I asked for I should have pushed for more, but thats ok with the bonus in place it makes for higher pay than my last job.

Email Coder Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Experian Marketing Services (New York, NY) in August 2014.

Interview

applied online process took one week, first you take a html and sql type test this takes about a hours. Then you are taken to a room where you interview with two people at one time they ask basic questions tell me about yourself, etc. In all if you can speak well about email metrics you will be fine.

Interview Questions

• difference between radio button and check box   1 Answer
    • what do you know about experian   1 Answer
    • how would your measure an emails success   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Experian Marketing Services (New York, NY).

Interview

Phone Interview with HR/Recruiter, then an in person interview with about 3-4 teams (2 interviews per team) about a week later (before the interviews had to take a written test which consisted of a combination of basic HTML questions and database logic questions)

Interview Questions

• On the written test: write a query using the data set (e.g. where city is New York or LA and gender is female)   1 Answer

Negotiation

HR called with an offer, I counter negotiated, HR said they would call me back. About a day later, same HR person called to bump up offer (although not as high as my counter offer).

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Experian Marketing Services (New York, NY).

Interview

Got an interview through a recruiter I met at a career fair in NYC. I had an interview with 4 individuals. One project manager, one team manager, one senior manager, & one developer. Hardly any technical questions. I think that they were supposed to give me a technical written test, but it was forgotten. I almost didn't accept the job because the interview process was so poor. The recruiter was also very pushy & it was clear he was only interested in his commission rather than in my best interests.

Interview Questions

• Questions about my future career plans. Not a big deal.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I negotiated a $5k salary increase, but this was still far below market value. I accepted because I thought the corporate culture would match my personality, which it did/does. The recruiter told me that with my skills, I should be earning $85-95k per year. This job offered me $75k. I was only able to negotiate up to $80k, the reason being that my salary should be on par with other members of the team.

Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Experian Marketing Services (New York, NY) in November 2012.

Interview

3 phone interviews + 1 in-person. Made it through 2nd phone interview. Was contacted by recruiter. First interview was fair in regards to expectation and culture vette. Second interview was difficult. Understood half of what that interviewer was saying as his English wasn't so great.

Interview Questions

• Write a algorithm that takes a list of prices and finds the largest spread among the value.   Answer Question

Client Implementation Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Experian Marketing Services (New York, NY).

Interview

Went through a 4 hour interview in one sitting. Started work within a few days.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Experian Marketing Services (New York, NY) in October 2012.

Interview

Contacted by HR and set up interview with 2 teams. Culture seems pretty laid back. Managers like to drink with their clients.

Interview Questions

• None of the questions were terribly difficult. If you can speak intelligently about Email, you're in.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Experian Marketing Services (New York, NY).

Interview

I was contacted by phone by a Hiring Manager and she conducted a phone interview. Shortly after I was contacted by email to set up and in-person 3 hour interview. At the interview I took and HTML & Data Query test which was not hard at all. I also interviewed with 6 different people who were pleasant and asked general questions about my experience and where do I see myself in 5 years. I was a little hesitant about the interview process because there are a lot of steps but in the end deft worth it.

Interview Questions

• If you have a problem with a colleague, how would you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Senior Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Experian Marketing Services (New York, NY) in August 2012.

Interview

I received an email from the HR recruiter and later had a screening call with her. She told me she was going to have someone contact me to set up on site interviews. A couple days later I got an email with the interview schedule. The schedule had 4 half hour interviews and a 1.5 hr test. I arrived early and waited in the lobby. I then meet with the first 4 people. Questions asked: Tell me about yourself. Why Cheetahmail? Why did you leave your last job? What would you do if you could do anything? Tell about your strengthens and weaknesses? Tell me about a project you managed. How do you stay organized? What do you do if you've made a mistake? Then they talked a lot of Cheetahmail, what kind of culture it is, etc. After the first 4 people I was surprised to speak with 2 more people. Finally I took the test. Test was 2 parts, HTML and logic test. It is not a straight forward SQL test, but knowing SQL helps. HTML questions were about tables, formatting (bold, underline, italic, color), hyperlinks, image links, inputs. The logic test also asked about data normalization. They gave 3 sets of data and asked what observations do you make. You dont actually have to normalize it, but make comments of the inconsistencies and what you would change. The day after my interview the HR person called and asked how I felt the interview went and if I was interviewing with anyone else. A few hours later a got another call extending the offer.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between a radio button and a check box?   Answer Question
    • What is the difference between <br>,   and <p>.   Answer Question

Senior Account Manager Interview

Application

Interview

Call from Recruiter. Call from CheetahMail. Setup interview to go in. Was required to do a test in SQL and HTML (check other reviewers for exact questions). Got there at 10am. Took test in lobby while other people chatted and some guys who worked their jerked around. Was left in lobby area till 12pm. Then brought in for interview. Met with 7 people over 3.5 hour period. Left feeling confident. Was called the next day and let know I didn't get the job. Although everyone was pleasant and nice enough, the interview was exhausting after awhile as the multiple teams asked the same questions ove and over, typical interview questions. Felt like I was getting picked for a recess kickball team, as Team 1 had 3 people that interviewed me and Team 2 had 4 people that interviewed me, 1 by 1, never in any particular order. 1 Employee who interviewed me had worked their for no more then 3 weeks. She was younger then me and seem more inexperienced then me. Overall, kinda a waste of time on my part, and really crazy for them to take 7 employees and do this to them for a candidate they thought was not qualified or whatever. If I wasn't an acceptable candidate why the cycle of interviews?

Interview Questions

• The most difficult questions are the SQL test questions, which are not hard, but take some concentration, and are hard to figure out when there is so much activity around you. You can probably cheat though as no one is watching you.   Answer Question