Experian Marketing Services

16 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions

Senior Account Manager Interview

Senior Account Manager
New York, NY

I interviewed at Experian Marketing Services in July 2012.

Interview Details – The interview process was a mess. They emailed me a schedule, then emailed again a day before the interview to change the time. On the day of the interview, they switched the schedule and interviewers around on me and also switched me in and out of different meeting rooms on different floors.

I met with 6 people in total. The first 2 were unprofessional and rude. They acted like they were recently out of college and this was their first job. They made completely erroneous assumptions about me and told me my personality was not a good fit based on these erroneous assumptions. At that point, I was wondering if I should just call it quits since it did not seem like a place I wanted to work at. Fortunately, the following interviews were more professional--conducted by people who had actual professional experience.

After the interviews, I took the HTML and query logic tests. They left me in the reception area, where it was difficult to concentrate because of the chatter--there were 3 people eating and preparing something or other. They all left for the day shortly before I finished. I sat around for 10-15 minutes until I could flag down a random employee who was entering. She was nice enough to grab an HR person so that I could submit my tests.

The tests themselves were pretty easy. The query logic test would have been easier if it had been a straight SQL test. Their fake language could have been designed better.

Interview Question – Describe a time when you had to get someone to complete a task they didn't want to. How did you accomplish this?   View Answer

Senior Account Manager Interview

Senior Account Manager
New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Experian Marketing Services in August 2012.

Interview Details – I received an email from the HR recruiter and later had a screening call with her. She told me she was going to have someone contact me to set up on site interviews. A couple days later I got an email with the interview schedule. The schedule had 4 half hour interviews and a 1.5 hr test. I arrived early and waited in the lobby. I then meet with the first 4 people. Questions asked:

Tell me about yourself.
Why Cheetahmail?
Why did you leave your last job?
What would you do if you could do anything?
Tell about your strengthens and weaknesses?
Tell me about a project you managed.
How do you stay organized?
What do you do if you've made a mistake?

Then they talked a lot of Cheetahmail, what kind of culture it is, etc. After the first 4 people I was surprised to speak with 2 more people. Finally I took the test.

Test was 2 parts, HTML and logic test. It is not a straight forward SQL test, but knowing SQL helps. HTML questions were about tables, formatting (bold, underline, italic, color), hyperlinks, image links, inputs. The logic test also asked about data normalization. They gave 3 sets of data and asked what observations do you make. You dont actually have to normalize it, but make comments of the inconsistencies and what you would change.

The day after my interview the HR person called and asked how I felt the interview went and if I was interviewing with anyone else. A few hours later a got another call extending the offer.

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Experian Marketing Services.

Interview Details – I was contacted by phone by a Hiring Manager and she conducted a phone interview. Shortly after I was contacted by email to set up and in-person 3 hour interview. At the interview I took and HTML & Data Query test which was not hard at all. I also interviewed with 6 different people who were pleasant and asked general questions about my experience and where do I see myself in 5 years. I was a little hesitant about the interview process because there are a lot of steps but in the end deft worth it.

Interview Question – If you have a problem with a colleague, how would you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6 days - interviewed at Experian Marketing Services in January 2010.

Interview Details – Spoke to hiring manager on the phone, followed by a 5 or 6 different 1 on 1 interviews. People seemed laid back and very cordial

Interview Question – Nothing really out of the ordinary. More of what have you done and how can it apply to our business model   Answer Question

New York, NY

The process took 3 days - interviewed at Experian Marketing Services in August 2011.

Interview Details – I was contact by the recruiter -We set up a phone interview. She wanted to know about my background and my past experience. She said the next step would be a test for my HTML skills and she confirmed a time with me and said she will email me the confirmation with the date, time and address. But I never heard back from her.

I was glad I didn't hear from the company because even though I understand that they are a part of a big brand name like Experian but they were literally offering peanuts when it comes to money like $38 to 40K, that after I have about 2 years of work experience in digital marketing.

Overall I would say my experience with the company was not that good.

New York, NY

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Experian Marketing Services in February 2010.

Interview Details – Interviewed on two consecutive days with 6 different people, after the phone interview with HR on "day 0". Typical questions asked about work style and experience. Everyone explained their role in the company and team and left time for questions.

Client Relationship Manager Interview

Client Relationship Manager
New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Experian Marketing Services in May 2010.

Interview Details – You have to pass a basic html and segmentation test. During the interview you will need to express your love for email marketing and sign up for their clients emails. Do research on the benefits of email marketing and techniques to increase a mailing list, sweepstakes, co promotions, and the nuances of reporting and analytics. Make sure you have your extremely difficult client horror stories and how you win them over.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Experian has a wide salary band and hr is very professional so the first offer is usually a little lower. If you got an offer, chances are you won them over. Don't be fooled when they say more senior people at this position make a lot less. That's because they got more vacation time, company stock, locked into taking classes, or just complacent. That should not affect the current market.

E-Mail Marketing Account Manager Interview

E-Mail Marketing Account Manager
New York, NY

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Experian Marketing Services in October 2011.

Interview Details – I was first contacted for a phone interview with HR. Afterwards I was invited in for a series of group and 1 on 1 interviews. It started with a couple of tests on SQL and HTML then interviews. All in all the experience was good and I felt like I was very qualified for the job. I did not receive an offer and I moved on. Everything was completed within a few weeks and I was never left wondering like with some other companies.

Interview Question – What makes you right for this job?   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Experian Marketing Services in July 2011.

Interview Details – The process consisted of applying online, a brief phone interview with HR, and an in-person interview combined with 2 skills tests- one in HTML and one in data logic. Overall, the interview was relatively easy, though it was important to have an understanding of HTML going in. HR took a while getting back for the in-person interview, but I was advised to continue "nagging" them, and eventually I heard back. Ability to work in groups was important.

Interview Question – What would you do if you did not understand something at work?   Answer Question

Client Implementation Lead Interview

Client Implementation Lead
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Experian Marketing Services.

Interview Details – Went through a 4 hour interview in one sitting. Started work within a few days.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Experian Marketing Services

Worked for Experian Marketing Services? Contribute to the Community!