Experian Marketing Services

Very Easy Interview

Software Developer Interview

Software Developer
New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Experian Marketing Services.

Interview Details – Got an interview through a recruiter I met at a career fair in NYC. I had an interview with 4 individuals. One project manager, one team manager, one senior manager, & one developer. Hardly any technical questions. I think that they were supposed to give me a technical written test, but it was forgotten. I almost didn't accept the job because the interview process was so poor. The recruiter was also very pushy & it was clear he was only interested in his commission rather than in my best interests.

Interview Question – Questions about my future career plans. Not a big deal.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I negotiated a $5k salary increase, but this was still far below market value. I accepted because I thought the corporate culture would match my personality, which it did/does. The recruiter told me that with my skills, I should be earning $85-95k per year. This job offered me $75k. I was only able to negotiate up to $80k, the reason being that my salary should be on par with other members of the team.

Client Implementation Lead Interview

Client Implementation Lead
New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Experian Marketing Services in October 2010.

Interview Details – Longer than average interview process but will be done in 2-3 rounds at most. Allocate at least 2-3 hours per interview session.

You will meet a lot of people in the team you will be working in and be interviewed by your peers as well as managers and senior leadership.

Casual interview, don't always ask typical boring interview questions. I enjoyed meeting everyone during my interview process.

You will complete a basic HTML and Segmentation logic test (simpler than writting SQL queries). If you have logic, this will be a no brainer.

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Experian Marketing Services in March 2012.

Interview Details – After applying online, I was contacted by their recruiter on a Monday and was asked basic questions on my background and goals. That Wednesday, I went in for an in-person interview where I took 2 paper-and-pen tests, 1 on HTML and 1 on database logic. I then met 1:1 with 5 different people at different levels and were asked typical interview questions such as strengths/weaknesses, background, and experience. They were all very friendly and seemed to be really looking for if you're good at multitasking, have strong organization skills, and have dealt with customers/people before. Later that Friday, I had a phone interview with the Director of the department and afterwards HR made their offer. Seemed really quick! BTW, they take their background check/drug test very seriously and have rejected people if they failed either of these.

Interview Questions

• HTML test consisted of basic code questions such as giving you a sentence formatted in different boldness,italics, alignment, and hyperlinks, and you would need to hand-write the HTML to format that exact sentence. Also be familiar with recognizing code for tables and buttons.   Answer Question
  • Database logic test requires you to write out database queries based on criteria they give you. They aren't in straight SQL format but follows same query logic. Pretty simple.   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Experian Marketing Services.

Interview Details – I was contacted by phone by a Hiring Manager and she conducted a phone interview. Shortly after I was contacted by email to set up and in-person 3 hour interview. At the interview I took and HTML & Data Query test which was not hard at all. I also interviewed with 6 different people who were pleasant and asked general questions about my experience and where do I see myself in 5 years. I was a little hesitant about the interview process because there are a lot of steps but in the end deft worth it.

Interview Question – If you have a problem with a colleague, how would you handle the situation?   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Experian Marketing Services in October 2012.

Interview Details – Contacted by HR and set up interview with 2 teams. Culture seems pretty laid back. Managers like to drink with their clients.

Interview Question – None of the questions were terribly difficult. If you can speak intelligently about Email, you're in.   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Experian Marketing Services.

Interview Details – Phone Interview with HR/Recruiter, then an in person interview with about 3-4 teams (2 interviews per team) about a week later (before the interviews had to take a written test which consisted of a combination of basic HTML questions and database logic questions)

Interview Question – On the written test: write a query using the data set (e.g. where city is New York or LA and gender is female)   View Answer

Negotiation Details – HR called with an offer, I counter negotiated, HR said they would call me back. About a day later, same HR person called to bump up offer (although not as high as my counter offer).

Senior Account Manager Interview

Senior Account Manager
New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Experian Marketing Services in August 2012.

Interview Details – Call from Recruiter. Call from CheetahMail. Setup interview to go in. Was required to do a test in SQL and HTML (check other reviewers for exact questions). Got there at 10am. Took test in lobby while other people chatted and some guys who worked their jerked around. Was left in lobby area till 12pm. Then brought in for interview. Met with 7 people over 3.5 hour period. Left feeling confident. Was called the next day and let know I didn't get the job.

Although everyone was pleasant and nice enough, the interview was exhausting after awhile as the multiple teams asked the same questions ove and over, typical interview questions. Felt like I was getting picked for a recess kickball team, as Team 1 had 3 people that interviewed me and Team 2 had 4 people that interviewed me, 1 by 1, never in any particular order.

1 Employee who interviewed me had worked their for no more then 3 weeks. She was younger then me and seem more inexperienced then me.

Overall, kinda a waste of time on my part, and really crazy for them to take 7 employees and do this to them for a candidate they thought was not qualified or whatever. If I wasn't an acceptable candidate why the cycle of interviews?

Interview Question – The most difficult questions are the SQL test questions, which are not hard, but take some concentration, and are hard to figure out when there is so much activity around you. You can probably cheat though as no one is watching you.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6 days - interviewed at Experian Marketing Services in January 2010.

Interview Details – Spoke to hiring manager on the phone, followed by a 5 or 6 different 1 on 1 interviews. People seemed laid back and very cordial

Interview Question – Nothing really out of the ordinary. More of what have you done and how can it apply to our business model   Answer Question

New York, NY

The process took 3 days - interviewed at Experian Marketing Services in August 2011.

Interview Details – I was contact by the recruiter -We set up a phone interview. She wanted to know about my background and my past experience. She said the next step would be a test for my HTML skills and she confirmed a time with me and said she will email me the confirmation with the date, time and address. But I never heard back from her.

I was glad I didn't hear from the company because even though I understand that they are a part of a big brand name like Experian but they were literally offering peanuts when it comes to money like $38 to 40K, that after I have about 2 years of work experience in digital marketing.

Overall I would say my experience with the company was not that good.

New York, NY

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Experian Marketing Services in February 2010.

Interview Details – Interviewed on two consecutive days with 6 different people, after the phone interview with HR on "day 0". Typical questions asked about work style and experience. Everyone explained their role in the company and team and left time for questions.

Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at Experian Marketing Services

Worked for Experian Marketing Services? Contribute to the Community!