Experian Marketing Services

Average Difficulty
16 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Experian Marketing Services in July 2011.

Interview Details – The process consisted of applying online, a brief phone interview with HR, and an in-person interview combined with 2 skills tests- one in HTML and one in data logic. Overall, the interview was relatively easy, though it was important to have an understanding of HTML going in. HR took a while getting back for the in-person interview, but I was advised to continue "nagging" them, and eventually I heard back. Ability to work in groups was important.

Interview Question – What would you do if you did not understand something at work?   Answer Question

E-Mail Marketing Account Manager Interview

E-Mail Marketing Account Manager
New York, NY

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Experian Marketing Services in October 2011.

Interview Details – I was first contacted for a phone interview with HR. Afterwards I was invited in for a series of group and 1 on 1 interviews. It started with a couple of tests on SQL and HTML then interviews. All in all the experience was good and I felt like I was very qualified for the job. I did not receive an offer and I moved on. Everything was completed within a few weeks and I was never left wondering like with some other companies.

Interview Question – What makes you right for this job?   Answer Question

Client Relationship Manager Interview

Client Relationship Manager
New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Experian Marketing Services in May 2010.

Interview Details – You have to pass a basic html and segmentation test. During the interview you will need to express your love for email marketing and sign up for their clients emails. Do research on the benefits of email marketing and techniques to increase a mailing list, sweepstakes, co promotions, and the nuances of reporting and analytics. Make sure you have your extremely difficult client horror stories and how you win them over.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Experian has a wide salary band and hr is very professional so the first offer is usually a little lower. If you got an offer, chances are you won them over. Don't be fooled when they say more senior people at this position make a lot less. That's because they got more vacation time, company stock, locked into taking classes, or just complacent. That should not affect the current market.

New York, NY

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Experian Marketing Services in February 2010.

Interview Details – Interviewed on two consecutive days with 6 different people, after the phone interview with HR on "day 0". Typical questions asked about work style and experience. Everyone explained their role in the company and team and left time for questions.

New York, NY

The process took 3 days - interviewed at Experian Marketing Services in August 2011.

Interview Details – I was contact by the recruiter -We set up a phone interview. She wanted to know about my background and my past experience. She said the next step would be a test for my HTML skills and she confirmed a time with me and said she will email me the confirmation with the date, time and address. But I never heard back from her.

I was glad I didn't hear from the company because even though I understand that they are a part of a big brand name like Experian but they were literally offering peanuts when it comes to money like $38 to 40K, that after I have about 2 years of work experience in digital marketing.

Overall I would say my experience with the company was not that good.

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6 days - interviewed at Experian Marketing Services in January 2010.

Interview Details – Spoke to hiring manager on the phone, followed by a 5 or 6 different 1 on 1 interviews. People seemed laid back and very cordial

Interview Question – Nothing really out of the ordinary. More of what have you done and how can it apply to our business model   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Experian Marketing Services