Experian Marketing Services Interview Questions in New York City, NY

Updated Jul 29, 2015

Senior Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I interviewed at Experian Marketing Services (New York, NY) in July 2012.

Interview

The interview process was a mess. They emailed me a schedule, then emailed again a day before the interview to change the time. On the day of the interview, they switched the schedule and interviewers around on me and also switched me in and out of different meeting rooms on different floors. I met with 6 people in total. The first 2 were unprofessional and rude. They acted like they were recently out of college and this was their first job. They made completely erroneous assumptions about me and told me my personality was not a good fit based on these erroneous assumptions. At that point, I was wondering if I should just call it quits since it did not seem like a place I wanted to work at. Fortunately, the following interviews were more professional--conducted by people who had actual professional experience. After the interviews, I took the HTML and query logic tests. They left me in the reception area, where it was difficult to concentrate because of the chatter--there were 3 people eating and preparing something or other. They all left for the day shortly before I finished. I sat around for 10-15 minutes until I could flag down a random employee who was entering. She was nice enough to grab an HR person so that I could submit my tests. The tests themselves were pretty easy. The query logic test would have been easier if it had been a straight SQL test. Their fake language could have been designed better.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to get someone to complete a task they didn't want to. How did you accomplish this?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Experian Marketing Services (New York, NY) in March 2012.

Interview

After applying online, I was contacted by their recruiter on a Monday and was asked basic questions on my background and goals. That Wednesday, I went in for an in-person interview where I took 2 paper-and-pen tests, 1 on HTML and 1 on database logic. I then met 1:1 with 5 different people at different levels and were asked typical interview questions such as strengths/weaknesses, background, and experience. They were all very friendly and seemed to be really looking for if you're good at multitasking, have strong organization skills, and have dealt with customers/people before. Later that Friday, I had a phone interview with the Director of the department and afterwards HR made their offer. Seemed really quick! BTW, they take their background check/drug test very seriously and have rejected people if they failed either of these.

Interview Questions

• HTML test consisted of basic code questions such as giving you a sentence formatted in different boldness,italics, alignment, and hyperlinks, and you would need to hand-write the HTML to format that exact sentence. Also be familiar with recognizing code for tables and buttons.   Answer Question
    • Database logic test requires you to write out database queries based on criteria they give you. They aren't in straight SQL format but follows same query logic. Pretty simple.   Answer Question

E-Mail Marketing Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Experian Marketing Services (New York, NY) in October 2011.

Interview

I was first contacted for a phone interview with HR. Afterwards I was invited in for a series of group and 1 on 1 interviews. It started with a couple of tests on SQL and HTML then interviews. All in all the experience was good and I felt like I was very qualified for the job. I did not receive an offer and I moved on. Everything was completed within a few weeks and I was never left wondering like with some other companies.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Experian Marketing Services (New York, NY) in August 2011.

Interview

I was contact by the recruiter -We set up a phone interview. She wanted to know about my background and my past experience. She said the next step would be a test for my HTML skills and she confirmed a time with me and said she will email me the confirmation with the date, time and address. But I never heard back from her. I was glad I didn't hear from the company because even though I understand that they are a part of a big brand name like Experian but they were literally offering peanuts when it comes to money like $38 to 40K, that after I have about 2 years of work experience in digital marketing. Overall I would say my experience with the company was not that good.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Experian Marketing Services (New York, NY) in July 2011.

Interview

The process consisted of applying online, a brief phone interview with HR, and an in-person interview combined with 2 skills tests- one in HTML and one in data logic. Overall, the interview was relatively easy, though it was important to have an understanding of HTML going in. HR took a while getting back for the in-person interview, but I was advised to continue "nagging" them, and eventually I heard back. Ability to work in groups was important.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you did not understand something at work?   Answer Question

Sales Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Experian Marketing Services (New York, NY) in January 2011.

Interview

Three interviews + drug test. All standard stuff - no stupid questions. In phone, on person, mock demo, the usual. Wear a nice suit, do some research and kill it.

Client Implementation Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Experian Marketing Services (New York, NY) in October 2010.

Interview

Longer than average interview process but will be done in 2-3 rounds at most. Allocate at least 2-3 hours per interview session. You will meet a lot of people in the team you will be working in and be interviewed by your peers as well as managers and senior leadership. Casual interview, don't always ask typical boring interview questions. I enjoyed meeting everyone during my interview process. You will complete a basic HTML and Segmentation logic test (simpler than writting SQL queries). If you have logic, this will be a no brainer.

Client Relationship Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Experian Marketing Services (New York, NY) in May 2010.

Interview

You have to pass a basic html and segmentation test. During the interview you will need to express your love for email marketing and sign up for their clients emails. Do research on the benefits of email marketing and techniques to increase a mailing list, sweepstakes, co promotions, and the nuances of reporting and analytics. Make sure you have your extremely difficult client horror stories and how you win them over.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Experian has a wide salary band and hr is very professional so the first offer is usually a little lower. If you got an offer, chances are you won them over. Don't be fooled when they say more senior people at this position make a lot less. That's because they got more vacation time, company stock, locked into taking classes, or just complacent. That should not affect the current market.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Experian Marketing Services (New York, NY) in February 2010.

Interview

Interviewed on two consecutive days with 6 different people, after the phone interview with HR on "day 0". Typical questions asked about work style and experience. Everyone explained their role in the company and team and left time for questions.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Experian Marketing Services (New York, NY) in January 2010.

Interview

Spoke to hiring manager on the phone, followed by a 5 or 6 different 1 on 1 interviews. People seemed laid back and very cordial

Interview Questions

• Nothing really out of the ordinary. More of what have you done and how can it apply to our business model   Answer Question