Experian Marketing Services

Experian Marketing Services Senior Account Manager Interview Questions

3.7

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Experian Marketing Services in August 2012.

I received an email from the HR recruiter and later had a screening call with her. She told me she was going to have someone contact me to set up on site interviews. A couple days later I got an email with the interview schedule. The schedule had 4 half hour interviews and a 1.5 hr test. I arrived early and waited in the lobby. I then meet with the first 4 people. Questions asked:

Tell me about yourself.
Why Cheetahmail?
Why did you leave your last job?
What would you do if you could do anything?
Tell about your strengthens and weaknesses?
Tell me about a project you managed.
How do you stay organized?
What do you do if you've made a mistake?

Then they talked a lot of Cheetahmail, what kind of culture it is, etc. After the first 4 people I was surprised to speak with 2 more people. Finally I took the test.

Test was 2 parts, HTML and logic test. It is not a straight forward SQL test, but knowing SQL helps. HTML questions were about tables, formatting (bold, underline, italic, color), hyperlinks, image links, inputs. The logic test also asked about data normalization. They gave 3 sets of data and asked what observations do you make. You dont actually have to normalize it, but make comments of the inconsistencies and what you would change.

The day after my interview the HR person called and asked how I felt the interview went and if I was interviewing with anyone else. A few hours later a got another call extending the offer.

Interview Questions
  • What is the difference between a radio button and a check box?   Answer Question
  • What is the difference between <br>, &nbsp; and <p>.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Experian Marketing Services

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Call from Recruiter. Call from CheetahMail. Setup interview to go in. Was required to do a test in SQL and HTML (check other reviewers for exact questions). Got there at 10am. Took test in lobby while other people chatted and some guys who worked their jerked around. Was left in lobby area till 12pm. Then brought in for interview. Met with 7 people over 3.5 hour period. Left feeling confident. Was called the next day and let know I didn't get the job.

Although everyone was pleasant and nice enough, the interview was exhausting after awhile as the multiple teams asked the same questions ove and over, typical interview questions. Felt like I was getting picked for a recess kickball team, as Team 1 had 3 people that interviewed me and Team 2 had 4 people that interviewed me, 1 by 1, never in any particular order.

1 Employee who interviewed me had worked their for no more then 3 weeks. She was younger then me and seem more inexperienced then me.

Overall, kinda a waste of time on my part, and really crazy for them to take 7 employees and do this to them for a candidate they thought was not qualified or whatever. If I wasn't an acceptable candidate why the cycle of interviews?

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult questions are the SQL test questions, which are not hard, but take some concentration, and are hard to figure out when there is so much activity around you. You can probably cheat though as no one is watching you.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

interviewed at Experian Marketing Services in July 2012.

The interview process was a mess. They emailed me a schedule, then emailed again a day before the interview to change the time. On the day of the interview, they switched the schedule and interviewers around on me and also switched me in and out of different meeting rooms on different floors.

I met with 6 people in total. The first 2 were unprofessional and rude. They acted like they were recently out of college and this was their first job. They made completely erroneous assumptions about me and told me my personality was not a good fit based on these erroneous assumptions. At that point, I was wondering if I should just call it quits since it did not seem like a place I wanted to work at. Fortunately, the following interviews were more professional--conducted by people who had actual professional experience.

After the interviews, I took the HTML and query logic tests. They left me in the reception area, where it was difficult to concentrate because of the chatter--there were 3 people eating and preparing something or other. They all left for the day shortly before I finished. I sat around for 10-15 minutes until I could flag down a random employee who was entering. She was nice enough to grab an HR person so that I could submit my tests.

The tests themselves were pretty easy. The query logic test would have been easier if it had been a straight SQL test. Their fake language could have been designed better.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you had to get someone to complete a task they didn't want to. How did you accomplish this?   View Answer