Explorica Inc

2 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales Executive Interview

Sales Executive

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Explorica Inc in October 2009.

Interview Details – I had two phone interviews- one with the hiring manager and one with a department manager. Pretty standard questions- about my background, why I'm interested in the role, etc etc.

Then I had in person interviews- with three different individuals all on the same day- first the same department manager that I had the phone interview with, then another department manager, and then the VP of marketing and sales. The interviews were relaxed, it was for a sales role so of course a lot of the questions focused on pipeline building, past experiences, being comfortable on the phone, etc. Then I shadowed a Senior Sales Executive for about 30 minutes.

I was contacted within maybe 2-3 days after that with an official offer.

Interview Question – What are your strengths and weaknesses?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Unfortunately I was a bit too green to negotiate salary so I got the short end of the stick initially. I would definitely recommend that anyone who is offered a position does a little negotiating because more likely than not your offer for a starting base salary is going to be pretty weak.

Marketing Interview

Marketing

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Explorica Inc in May 2009.

Interview Details – Interview was very informal and relaxed. I was asked about my past experiences, how I felt about the project I would be working on and if I felt I was up for the challenge. I had two interviews, one with the leader of the project and one with the director of the department.

Interview Question – What are three words your friends would use to describe you?   Answer Question

Worked for Explorica Inc? Contribute to the Community!