Exponential Interview Questions

Updated Mar 13, 2015

3.1

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Exponential.

Interview

Contacted by internal recruiter within several days of submitting resume on-line. He was very personable as well as professional, which made for a relaxed and enjoyable conversation. Brought in for in-person interviews a few days later. Each person on the interview team, which included a couple of individuals who would be direct reports, were well-prepared with their questions and provided a summary of their responsibilities and relationship with this position (Finance, HR, Legal, etc.). Overall, an extremely positive and pleasant experience! Unfortunately, filling this position has been postponed.

Interview Questions

• Question topics included:
      * leadership style
      * experience level with vendor contracts, lease agreements, and management of TI & relocation projects
      * motivation/goals/passion

Answer Question

Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Emeryville, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at Exponential (Emeryville, CA).

Interview

First 45 minute phone screen with Talent Acquisition. Second one hour phone screen with person I was replacing. First round on-site with team members for 3 hours. Second round on-site with other executives for 3 hours. Video interview with hiring manager. Decision took a week, and then verbal offer. Formal offer followed some negotiation attempts. Entire process took nearly 2 months due to schedule juggling and holidays.

Interview Questions

• All standard questions, nothing out of the ordinary. Lots of behavioral questions from HR/talent side. (and a lot of expectation setting) Rest of the questions were around experience and cultural fit.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not much room for negotiation, pay is around market and thus, not much movement.

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Exponential in May 2012.

Interview

Phone screen via recruiter, onsite scheduled for 4 interviews, but they screwed up their scheduling & only met the "hiring" mgr - vp of IT - and interviewed w/ a Team Lead & his previous manager (who soon would be let go). For as nice as their workspace is, I found the whole process amateurish, convoluted and would-be abusive. Yes abusive. When someone tries over an hour to impress you w/ his "genius" (a,k.a. ADHD) skillset, you know this isn't the right place.

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Exponential in April 2011.

Interview

they argued with me

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Exponential (Chicago, IL) in July 2009.

Interview

Massive phone screens by 4 people leading to a trip to SF for an entire day of face to face interviews with the CEO on down. 90 day plan requested.

Interview Questions

• How much revenue do you think you can generate in your first month or two with us?   1 Answer

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Emeryville, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Exponential (Emeryville, CA) in June 2008.

Interview

Initial phone screen done by Jr HR. Then met with my future boss for about an hour. Met with Sr HR as an intro into a full C-Level panel interview (CFO, Pub, Mkg, CEO) that took roughly 4 hours. Final interview took place at a Starbuckswith the Sr VP, Sales. Very casual and not that interested in work product, rolodex or industry knowledge but rather "will you fit in".

Interview Questions

Negotiation

everything is negotiable...from salary to equity to account respponsibility and vacation allowance. Variable Comp plans generally change dramatically both financially and account responsibility with no notice...so, you should lock in the comp plan for at least twelve months.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Noida (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Exponential (Noida (India)) in October 2014.

Interview

There were 4 rounds in all. First was GD, then written round that compromised 15 questions based on CAT like pattern after that one PI and at last one HR round.

Interview Questions

• How did you score so more in the last phase of your college?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations.

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Exponential.

Interview

They first had couple of rounds of telephonic interviews and finally they called be for onsite, where I had interview with 2 more people.. They were not interested in my background or going over what I had done in my 13 year long career. I was straightaway asked the questions, mostly on Data Structure/Algorithm by both the interviewers. Difficulty level of the questions were reasonable. In the first interview, I could answer 2 DS/Algo questions, for 1 I was close to solving but didn't get the final answer. One Java related question I didn't answer, as I had not worked on that particular aspect for sometime. In the 2nd interview, all the questions were Algo related and I cracked all of them for given time/space complexity. I knew they were correct since they were satisfying the constraints. Interviewer accepted them as correct as well, at least in the interview. While exiting the company, I was under impression that I had done quite well (6.5 out of 7 DS/Algo questions) but there was no response for next 8/9 days.. Finally I sent them a mail and instead of sending a proper rejection mail, the HR person sent a two line cut and paste and a very crude feedback, that she must have got from the interviewers, implying even though I had good knowledge for my own projects, I had no knowledge of DS/Algo. I was shocked no ends when I read that mail.. First, they never asked me any question on my projects and 2nd, for DS/Algo, I had done quite reasonably well.. I knew what I lacked in the interview (they insisted on someone being able to write production level code, which I had not done a lot given mine was a Research job). I could have accepted this reasons for rejection but that particular email came to me completely as a bolt out of blue.. All I can think of now is that even though my answers were correct, they probably didn't match exactly with the solution interviewers had in their head.. There were some scheduling issues before the interview as well.. The company lacked completely in ethics and etiquette.. I seriously regret wasting my time with them...

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions had similar difficulty level: I write one to illustrate -> Designing a server, serving the tiny URLs with constant assignment time constraint. All active tiny URLs must be kept alive, for a given lease period. A tiny URL that is accessed, will have its lease renewed. I tiny URL that is not accessed, will finally become available again once its lease expires. Whenever a new request come, a tiny URL must be assigned to it in O(1)..   1 Answer

Flash Designer Interview

Interview

we in my interview they just asked me to make 2 variations of a skyscraper banner and a Midsize Animated Banner. Over all it was good and my interview was not so difficult

Negotiation

we no i wasn't able to negotiate as they were sure about what they were offering

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Noida (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Exponential (Noida (India)) in June 2014.

Interview

4 rounds over a period of 2 weeks.

Basic Quantitative ability questions and puzzles.

Some HR kind of questions were asked to check the interest and future aspirations.

HR was very lazy in responding and there was no sense of urgency in order to fill the position. (Reflects much about the company and its growth aspirations )