Export Development Canada

Relevance Date Difficulty

Financial Services Manager Interview

Financial Services Manager
Ottawa, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Export Development Canada.

Interview Details – The first round consisted of a video conference from the Toronto office. An initial interview with HR and two senior managers. A total of about 1.5 hours. Standard questions regarding motivation, previous experience, etc.

After a few days, the HR called inviting for a second interview at EDC headquarters. The second round included two sets of interviews with most of the team members as well as the hiring manager. A small case study was also given to test financial skills as well as general business and export understanding.

The same day, a request for references came from HR. After a quick negotiation, a contract was sent out and signed.

The entire process was handled very professionally and relatively fast.

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected. Typical behavioral based questions and CV related questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Some negotiation regarding salary is possible but not much.

Summer Student Interview

Summer Student

Interviewed at Export Development Canada

Interview Details – Received email inviting me to an interview, which took place the following week. The interview was a standard behavioural interview, asking questions about strengths and weaknesses and situational questions. It was around an hour and a half in length and took place at the head office in Ottawa, with the Manager of the team and another officer on the team.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you failed   Answer Question

Underwriter Interview

Underwriter
Ottawa, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Export Development Canada in March 2012.

Interview Details – First step was a quick phone Interview, then a written test to check the communication skills and financials skills. Finally the process ended up with an interview where I met 1 HR representative and then 2 managers.

Interview Question – Nothing usually, all common generic questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Phone quick negociation and then came back with an offer. They sent me the package and contract to sign by mail with a dealine .

Student Interview

Student
Ottawa, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Export Development Canada in May 2009.

Interview Details – A third party checked my references. I then did a 1:1 interview with a girl from HR who asked basic cookie cutter questions; ability with MS Office, strengths/ weaknesses, french/ english etc... Then a video interview with 2 managers of the team I was to be placed on. Many of the same questions. I didn't even answer the question 'what are your bad qualities'. Overall pretty smooth, all fastballs down the middle.

Interview Questions

Portfolio Manager Interview

Portfolio Manager

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Export Development Canada in May 2009.

Interview Details – The Agency appear disorganized in its recruiting process from the time they first contacted me. The phone interview was fine and the in person interview followed a week later. It was a panel interview that was fluid and conversational. The one on one interview afterwards was more structured.

Interview Question – Give an example where you had to persuade someone.   Answer Question

Worked for Export Development Canada? Contribute to the Community!