Export Development Canada Interview Questions

2.7

Interviews for Top Jobs at Export Development Canada

PC Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Export Development Canada (Ottawa, ON (Canada)).

Interview

met with an HR adviser for an hour interview, then with the project/business team for another interview. It was about 3 people so not too terrifying. They asked very basic interview questions at first, then more thorough project management type questions.

Co-Op Student Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Export Development Canada.

Interview

1 hour interview. First 15mins was with an HR rep and normally they quiz you how much research you have done on the company. Then after they you sit down with one manager and one associate.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions were basic behaviour questions. It was more about fit then your financial knowledge.   Answer Question

Financial Services Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Export Development Canada (Ottawa, ON (Canada)).

Interview

The first round consisted of a video conference from the Toronto office. An initial interview with HR and two senior managers. A total of about 1.5 hours. Standard questions regarding motivation, previous experience, etc. After a few days, the HR called inviting for a second interview at EDC headquarters. The second round included two sets of interviews with most of the team members as well as the hiring manager. A small case study was also given to test financial skills as well as general business and export understanding. The same day, a request for references came from HR. After a quick negotiation, a contract was sent out and signed. The entire process was handled very professionally and relatively fast.

Interview Questions

• Nothing unexpected. Typical behavioral based questions and CV related questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Some negotiation regarding salary is possible but not much.

Summer Student Interview

Interview

Received email inviting me to an interview, which took place the following week. The interview was a standard behavioural interview, asking questions about strengths and weaknesses and situational questions. It was around an hour and a half in length and took place at the head office in Ottawa, with the Manager of the team and another officer on the team.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Export Development Canada (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in August 2013.

Interview

Very quick, took less than two weeks. The HR was so nice and the process was so easy. The interview was done in toronto via Video conference. I knew i got the job from the response of the interviewer

Underwriter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Export Development Canada (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in March 2012.

Interview

First step was a quick phone Interview, then a written test to check the communication skills and financials skills. Finally the process ended up with an interview where I met 1 HR representative and then 2 managers.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Phone quick negociation and then came back with an offer. They sent me the package and contract to sign by mail with a dealine .

Portfolio Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Export Development Canada in May 2009.

Interview

The Agency appear disorganized in its recruiting process from the time they first contacted me. The phone interview was fine and the in person interview followed a week later. It was a panel interview that was fluid and conversational. The one on one interview afterwards was more structured.

Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Export Development Canada (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in May 2009.

Interview

A third party checked my references. I then did a 1:1 interview with a girl from HR who asked basic cookie cutter questions; ability with MS Office, strengths/ weaknesses, french/ english etc... Then a video interview with 2 managers of the team I was to be placed on. Many of the same questions. I didn't even answer the question 'what are your bad qualities'. Overall pretty smooth, all fastballs down the middle.

Interview Questions

• Do you know how to use pivot tables in Excel?   1 Answer
    • Do you speak french?   1 Answer