Express Co Manager Interview Questions

Updated Jun 24, 2014

2.8

13 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Co Manager Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Express.

Company likes to hire from within. Even to get to a management position you have to work your way up. For part time associates, take the time to look the part. I'm not interested in seeing your jeans and tshirt that don't fit.

Other Interview Reviews for Express

Co-Manager Interview

One to two interviews, background check, reference check, now an integrity test.

Co-Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Express.

Typical questions such as job experience, knowledge when it comes to customer service, and why you want to work for the company

Interview Questions
    • Where do you draw inspiration from when selecting the clothes you where   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Express in April 2013.

recruited through Linkedin- initial interaction was with recruiter- then face to face interview with DM

Interview Questions
    • all questions were pretty standard- although I would've like to have spoken a little more. The DM did a little too much talking.   Answer Question
    They job offered- I accepted but wanted to negotiate my salary. I told them what I wanted and within 24 hours they called back and were able to match it.

Co Manager Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Express.

Interview with store manager, follow up with the district manager, then final interview with regional manager

Co Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Express in March 2013.

Very careful background check with references . Loved the DM and interview was very positive and felt a wonderful bond that this would be an amazing fit .

Interview Questions
    • KPIS and the business acumen must be able to speak to the business and how to impact what .   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation my salary was fine.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Express in August 2011.

applied online. got a call back a few weeks later. interview with the SM then was called back for interview with DM. both were pretty smooth and simple. asked about previous employment history. how i trained and motivate team. payroll and budgeting.

it wasnt so bad. they gave me 2k more a year than what they originally wanted to give me

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Emeryville, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Emeryville, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Express in August 2011.

3 interviews; sm, dm and top 100 sm

Interview Questions
    • what are your strengths and conpentencies?   View Answer
    easy

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baton Rouge, LA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baton Rouge, LA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Express in June 2011.

Very simple... I interviewed with SM first, all basic questions. It helps to be knowledgable of your particular market and numbers from past retail jobs. Interview with DM was the same, it was actually repetitive, a lot of the same questions were asked.

No negotiating needed... The company compensates their employees. I actually got more than I asked for, based on my experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Express in January 2011.

I am a former manager looking to go back into retail. I had a interview with a store manager and then to the district manager. I really thought everthing went well, I always had good perfomance reviews previously So I was shocked when I didn't get the job. I found out they won't pay near what I used to make I'm sad to see the company pass me up for that reason....

Interview Questions
    • What do you bring to this position now that is different then previous?   Answer Question