Express Co Manager Interview Questions & Reviews

13 interviews

2.8

13 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Co Manager Interview

I interviewed through other source. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Express.

Company likes to hire from within. Even to get to a management position you have to work your way up. For part time associates, take the time to look the part. I'm not interested in seeing your jeans and tshirt that don't fit.

Other Interview Reviews for Express

Co-Manager Interview

One to two interviews, background check, reference check, now an integrity test.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Emeryville, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Emeryville, CA

I interviewed in-person. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Express in August 2011.

3 interviews; sm, dm and top 100 sm

Interview Questions
    • what are your strengths and conpentencies?   View Answer
    easy

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Baton Rouge, LA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baton Rouge, LA

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Express in June 2011.

Very simple... I interviewed with SM first, all basic questions. It helps to be knowledgable of your particular market and numbers from past retail jobs. Interview with DM was the same, it was actually repetitive, a lot of the same questions were asked.

No negotiating needed... The company compensates their employees. I actually got more than I asked for, based on my experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Express in August 2011.

applied online. got a call back a few weeks later. interview with the SM then was called back for interview with DM. both were pretty smooth and simple. asked about previous employment history. how i trained and motivate team. payroll and budgeting.

it wasnt so bad. they gave me 2k more a year than what they originally wanted to give me

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Express in April 2013.

recruited through Linkedin- initial interaction was with recruiter- then face to face interview with DM

Interview Questions
    • all questions were pretty standard- although I would've like to have spoken a little more. The DM did a little too much talking.   Answer Question
    They job offered- I accepted but wanted to negotiate my salary. I told them what I wanted and within 24 hours they called back and were able to match it.

Co-Manager Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Express.

Typical questions such as job experience, knowledge when it comes to customer service, and why you want to work for the company

Interview Questions
    • Where do you draw inspiration from when selecting the clothes you where   Answer Question

Co Manager Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Express in March 2013.

Very careful background check with references . Loved the DM and interview was very positive and felt a wonderful bond that this would be an amazing fit .

Interview Questions
    • KPIS and the business acumen must be able to speak to the business and how to impact what .   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation my salary was fine.

Co Manager Interview

I interviewed through other source. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Express.

Interview with store manager, follow up with the district manager, then final interview with regional manager

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Jacksonville, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Express in April 2010.

I interviewed for a co-manager position despite my store manager experience because I was told I would be bench to take over the store within 6 months to a year. Needless to say, that never happened. The store manager never left, and is still there. Regardless, for the position, I interviewed in person with the Store Manager, and then in person with the District Manager. That was it. When I got promoted to Store Manager, I had no additional interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you developed someone on your team to a higher position, and what it was you recognized in them to make you do so.   View Answer
    I accepted the presented salary for Comanager upon offer because I realized it was higher than a usual Comanager salary and I recognized they could not go higher. However, I was told that I would be increased again when I was promoted to Store Manager. However, when I was promoted to store manager, it was in a lower volume location than where I was as a co, and the company used this as an excuse to keep me at my current pay rate. I asked for a counter offer and gave several valid reasons why I felt I deserved even a small raise (I would be making less as a store manager than As a Comanager because I would lose the supplemental pay) and the regional manager refused to give any raise at all.

Worked for Express? Contribute to the Community!