Express

2.7

10 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

IT Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Express.

HR here is a joke. If you can avoid dealing with them after being hired you will be better off. They don't ask any difficult questions because they wouldn't know the answers. Just go along with them and you will get through their nonsense.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult. Where you worked? What you did? What you liked and disliked.   Answer Question
    Typical. Vacation so-so, Salary so-so, Health Ins so-so.

Purchase Order Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Express in June 2013.

I applied online and got a phone interview which lasted about 15 minutes. The next phase was a one on one interview with HR and the supply chain manager. After that I was called back for another interview to meet with the overall head of the production and sourcing department.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us a time when you made a mistake and what you learned from it.   Answer Question
    Pretty basic with ability to negotiate.

Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Express in July 2012.

First, a phone interview. Then, in-person. The in-person interview takes a while b/c you meed w/ a few people. Be prepared to answer the routine (strengths/weaknesses) questions and questions about the job u are applying to.

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Express in March 2012.

met with three managers, asked general and behavioral quesitons. didnt get a call back for the final round

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gahanna, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gahanna, OH

The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Express in March 2011.

Got a phone call and did a brief ten minute interview with a recruiter. Then I did a first round of interviews with 4 members of the accounting management team (including who my direct manager would be). I did a second round with some of the big hitters. Your direct manager is the most important one followed closely by everyone in the second round.

Interview Questions
    Was given a call to be told that they where wanted me to be their guy, and they just had to decided on a salary and finish the background. This would be the time to put your input in.

E-commerce Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Express in February 2011.

The interview process at Express is approximately a 4-hour process for the first round. Make sure you have a solid breakfast/lunch and some caffeine! You'll meet with many different folks, and at times it can be confusing, but just be yourself. And definitely wear business attire with a trendy edge.

Interview Questions
    • Just be sure to know your stuff before you go to an interview - don't aim for a position above your head or you will feel like a fool.   Answer Question
    They have pay scales - so there's not much flexibility for compensation. And definitely no negotiation for vacation days (17 for years 1-5).

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westerville, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westerville, OH

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Express in November 2010.

The interview process was pretty laid back. The manager was nice and tried to make us feel comfortable. But regardless, I was nervous, so I felt I was doing horrible. The questions were straight forward. She asked us about a time at the mall where we had a bad customer experience, and why we would want to work for express. Pretty much all of the typical questions. There was 3 of us, all of us dressed in express clothes which I would highly recommend.

I was hired within a couple of days and went in for my orientation. I was scheduled for a couple days later, and the day before I was suppose to go in for my first day, the manager called me and told me I was too young. So, while looking at my drivers license, and my application, which both clearly say 17 years old, they somehow thought I was 18 and hired me. Kind of stupid on their part.

Marketing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Express in October 2010.

I was contacted by a corporate recruiter whom I knew about an opportunity with Express in the digital marketing department at their headquarters. After passing the online screening, I had a phone interview with the Manager, the hiring manager of the department which went well. A few weeks later, I was contacted by the recruiter and his scheduling assistant with a full agenda of whom I would meet with for an onsite interview. That part of the process was extremely gracious and well organized. I also had to complete a job application to bring with me to give to the HR Manager.

Upon arrival, the weather was rainy and windy, out of anyone's control and the guard would not check any visitor's in as there was a tornado warning. So all were sent to the basement tunnel during the warning for about an hour. Needless to say, this through everything off. So after that, I finally was checked in about 1/2 hour late. No one was upset of course. So I did not have to meet with the HR Manager and then met with my first group - they seemed busy, professional, intense and then escorted me to a conference room to wait for the next manager. I sat in the room for 15 minutes waiting. Since I was not offered water or bathroom - I took the opportunity. Finally he showed, very nice guy. Asked a few questions. Then he left after 15 minutes to run to another meeting - so much for the 30 minutes we were supposed to have. The last person was the manager I had a phone interview and she was late too. Our meeting was pleasant and I knew right away I wanted out there fast. So no match here. I'm sure perhaps they felt the same. I did get feedback from the recruiter that they did pass on me. I for one, feel lucky for that. Of course the tornado through us all off, but I sure didn't feel really welcome. I do not think I would pursue this company or another position there. They broke off from the Limited a few years ago, and it is all still the same as far as how the culture is. Perhaps that will change with time. The people were nice.

Interview Questions
    • Can you tell me about an email program you have done and what were the results?   Answer Question
    • What is your experience in behavioral marketing and how you could apply that here to take us to the next level?   Answer Question

Technical Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Express in June 2010.

Bring examples of past work.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to leave the company you are currently employed at?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Express in December 2008.

I had a friend who worked at the store and got me an application. When I turned it in the hiring manager took it directly and said he'd call for an interview within the week.

The interview process consisted of about 8 of us with two of the store managers. We were asked general 'get to know you' questions and then given a task. Each person was asked to create an outfit using clothes in the store to fit a certain scenario. Girls picked out male outfits, guys picked out female outfits. My scenario was a guy shopping for a first date outfit, they were going out to dinner and then to a comedy club. Overall it was a very fun interview, so long as you're confident in your own fashion sense.

Interview Questions
    • Using clothes within the store, you have 10 minutes to create an outfit based on this hypothetical scenario for a member of the opposite sex.   Answer Question
    The starting pay was flat, but I didn't have much experience to begin with, so I was happy with anything.