Express Employment Professionals

2.1

General Labourer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bloomingdale, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomingdale, IL

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Express Employment Professionals in April 2014.

Presentation is key. Especially when making a first impression. And they utilized this strategy to draw me in from the get-go. They succeeded at smiling, asking questions to make it seem that they are legitimately interested in me, etc. Although I do feel that it's all part of that "making a good-first impression" deal.

Interview Questions
    • Unnecessary mathematical questions, which I scored a perfect 10 on.   View Answer
    Everything was on their own terms. It was only a matter of accepting their terms to get offered a job.

"Laboratory" Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Camp Hill, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Camp Hill, PA

I applied through other source - interviewed at Express Employment Professionals in July 2014.

I was directed by my career services office from the "college" I attended to call Express Employment Professionals regarding a laboratory position that "fit me to a 'T'". I called, they asked if I could come in the following day for an interview. I said I could. When I showed up the following morning at about 9:45am, the receptionist asked what she could help me with. I gave my name and said I was there to interview for the laboratory position and who I was to speak with. They seemed to have no idea who I was even though they had called me 2 days prior about the same position. I was asked to fill out some paperwork which I expected. I ended up sitting in the office for an hour waiting for the interview. There were some other people in the office looking for work (NONE of which were dressed even remotely like they wanted to be professional to any degree), so I understood the wait....until I realized there were 2 other people in the office who were essentially twiddling their thumbs. Once I got to "interview" with the only one who seemed to be doing any work, I quickly realized just how unorganized they were. When they ask you what work you're looking for you already know they have no file system in which information is stored about phone calls or other contact that has been made. The "interview" took about 5 minutes and was very unproductive in my opinion. They had my resume but had no idea that I held an associates degree that matched the position I was trying to obtain.

Following the interview, I was told that I would be emailed some assessments to complete. I filled out some more paperwork and left the office. That was a Thursday afternoon. The email never came. I waited until the following Monday morning to call the office. When I called I explained what the problem was and asked them to recite my email back to me to check for accuracy, it was indeed correct. 2 more days passed. I EMAILED them instead. I basically had to call them out on their organization, etc. just to get results. I got the assessments but a whole week later than I should have. Meanwhile a good friend of mine was at their office the day I called about the assessments and she was able to go right on through to the client for an interview (THAT VERY SAME DAY) but she also was turned down for the job.

Long story short, I wouldn't send someone there. Ever. Even if they were someone I desperately wanted to see fail. This is a poor excuse for an employment agency. Save your time and gas money and use a different agency or just find work the old fashioned way. This place is a joke if I ever saw one.

Interview Questions
    • What type of work are you looking for?   View Answer

Service Technician/Laborer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Texas City, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Texas City, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Express Employment Professionals in August 2011.

On-line and over the phone interview first, then in person. Once they are completed, you must take a math aptitude test, and submit to a seven point drug screen before one is typically hired.

Interview Questions
    • If u accept the pay scale they offer you.   View Answer

Accounts Payable Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Amarillo, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Amarillo, TX

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Express Employment Professionals in March 2014.

Went in with resume and credentials, filled out application. Was verbally interviewed, left the office, drove away. This is pretty cut and dried and am not entirely sure what else is needed and why there is a minimum word limit.

Administrative Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Express Employment Professionals.

They were quick to reply to my application and scheduling of interviews. They were helpful and pleasant from the moment I walked in the door. After much paperwork, my interview proceeded. The interviewer was interesting and very good at explaining their company and the temp to perm jobs available. I would say it was average. No real difference than anywhere else I interviewed.

Interview Questions
    • Everything was just average. Nothing out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Maintenance Tech Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Killeen, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Killeen, TX

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Express Employment Professionals in June 2013.

interview questions, drug test, very straight forward staff is very nice and professional. they really work to find what you need I am very grateful for there help. I would recommend to other people that they consult with Express about employment

just skk

Business Development Associate Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Express Employment Professionals.

It was a pretty standard. Phone call, then interview with Owner. Then meeting with staffing consultant. The phone interview with regional director. I found out if i got the job with in two weeks.

simple.

Front Office Coordinator Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Express Employment Professionals in November 2013.

Applied via career builder and was called by the owner of the franchise. He spoke with me on the phone at length and asked for 3 references which he spoke with each for at least 30 min. He provided me with some computer testing/typing/writing sample and had me shadow the position in another office for a day (unpaid.)

Interview Questions
    • Why do you think that you are a good "cultural" fit for our office? Why do you think that matters?   Answer Question
    There wasn't much negotiation, my boss is very pushy and I felt like it was a "take it or leave it" contract. Looking back, I wish I would have tried to negotiate salary more.

Contractor - Medical Claims Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Franklin, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Franklin, TN

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Express Employment Professionals in February 2014.

Submit resume directly or via Careerbuilder.com posting. If you pass the first phase you will be invited to a phone interview and then a 1-on-1 will be done with the client. Should the client want to proceed the on-boarding process takes about 7-10 bus days.

Interview Questions
    • Everything was pretty standard. In fact the recruiter gave me no preparatory information about ARx of Tennessee. Merely stated they were 'medical related'. Directed me to the website, which was very vague. The recruiter didn't provide their high turn over rate, which was extremely high. She also didn't provide me with any advance warning about the problems with ARx of Tennessee which include the following: No direction from management team, micromanagement of time, office politics slowed down productivity and created a lot of conflict, prayer requests on Friday meetings violates EOCC laws, well below average pay, lack of diversity, open door policy is for show, etc.   View Answer
    There was no negation phase as the agreement between Express and ARx Tennessee was predefined in their internal contract.

Marketing and Communications Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Oklahoma City, OK
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Express Employment Professionals in August 2011.

I missed the first call, and it took me nearly two weeks to reach the recruiter. After interviewing with the recruiter, I was sent immediately to the HQ office to interview with the direct manager of the position. I was given a homework assignment to complete by the end of the week. The recruiter called me after to coach me on the experience. After submitting my work, I was called back for a group interview where I met with the executive leaders and managers from different teams. I was told I would be notified within a week. When that week passed, I emailed the direct manager to see how the process was going. A few days later the recruiter called me with the job offer.

I was asked when I could start and I requested two weeks. I was given a start date and that was it.

Worked for Express Employment Professionals? Contribute to the Community!