Express Employment Professionals

Engaged Employer

Express Employment Professionals Recruiter Interview Questions

Updated Jun 2, 2015

Anonymous Employee in Tualatin, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Express Employment Professionals (Tualatin, OR) in April 2015.

Interview

While reading this, keep in mind that Express Employment Professionals are franchises and that the way business is actually conducted will vary from location to location. I interviewed at two locations with two different people with a huge difference in my personal experience. Overall, the hiring process for this INTERNAL recruiter position was a little discouraging.

Location #1

The hiring manager was a bit disorganized and a little unfriendly and unprofessional. I felt like a second-class employee, not an educated professional. Sure, they have their "assessments" you are required to take. I am ok with those. They are routine and standard procedure. I just didn't like how I was treated. Remember, people may forget what you say, but they will never, ever forget how you made them feel. Instead of feeling that I was a potential fellow team mate, I felt as a low-class uneducated candidate # .......... You know what I am saying?

Location #2

VERY professional recruiter and hiring manager who has been there for a long time (more than a decade) and has moved up the ranks. The interview went smoothly and very conversational. I felt very dignified and felt a connection, as if she understood me. In fact, she helped me realize a great deal about myself in a short amount of time. You see, I am a new college graduate but in the "over 40" group. I have a great deal of customer service experience and know how to handle difficult customers. I really felt that recruiting was the best fit for me. After leaving the interview, I felt dignified, yet realized that recruiting may not be the best fit for me. Since that time I have adjusted my goals a bit for the better. Although I never gained employment at this location, I do believe that this EEP location is a good one and there really is hope in the staffing industry, as far as not being treated as though you are a number.

Interview Questions

• Location #1 interview questions were very robotic and difficult. They were standardized questions, but were all of the tough to answer ones. Combine that with the impersonal approach and negative experience from the hiring manager (who was a Staffing Consultant), it culminated in a bad experience for me.

Location #2 interview was HIGHLY informal and conversional, yet very effective. She read me like a book, but maintained my pride and dignity. I felt as though I was speaking to a career counselor more than a hiring manager.

1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Express Employment Professionals

Anonymous Employee in Grand Forks, ND

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Express Employment Professionals (Grand Forks, ND) in October 2012.

Interview

In order to apply for the position, I first was required to register with the company and submit to a drug screening. Once that was completed, I was interviewed by the supervisor of the office. She seemed disinterested in meeting with me and appeared distracted by other activities in the office. I felt unwelcome in her office and had already decided I was not interested in the position before I left. When I explained my background as a career counselor and employment professional, I was told that it would not be helpful and that, rather than helping people, the company is really only interested in increasing revenue. Though a valid and understandable goal for a private company to have, it is not one I personally am motivated by.

Interview Questions

• The most unexpected question I received was to explain my sales background.   1 Answer

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Express Employment Professionals.

Interview

I interviewed and had a great experience. The interview was intense but friendly.

Interview Questions

• What is your wage history. I had never been asked that before.   Answer Question