Express Interview Questions

Updated Sep 26, 2014
Updated Sep 26, 2014

2.2

Store Manager Interview

I was contacted by the Store Manager for the initial interview, then my second interview was with the District Manager within the same week. I received a call with a job offer the following week.

Customer Sales Lead Interview

I applied online and went in to follow up the next day. They set up an interview for the following day. When I had my interview it was really busy so my interview was only 5 minutes long. She asked why I wanted to work retail and what made Express stand out to me. I was offered the job the next day once my references had been checked.

Sales Associate Interview

There was only one interview for me. The interview was held as a group interview. Us candidates were asked questions by the store manager. I would recommend sitting closer towards the front, it shows initiative and a real interest to work for the company!

Interview Questions
    • The store manager had an old shoe laying around, and we were tasked to pretend sell it. The manager watched how we tried to talk up the item and relate it to the customer.   Answer Question

Sales Associate With Fashion Expert Duties and Responsibilities Interview

I applied in-person - interviewed at Express.

Fill out in store applications. Same day I did an in store trial run on the spot. I was placed in the fitting rooms to help customers. I customers in the fitting rooms, hung up a few garments on the fitting rack. I also attempted to put a few articles of clothing back in there respective places .lol. The store manager was watching me and taking note of my interaction with the customers. However I was unaware that she was a manager. I'm glad that i did not know because I probably would have been a nervous wreck:)

Interview Questions

I was offered an amount I made another offer than we meant in the middle. According to her she budged a little because I college educated although it was in unrelated field, she still took it into consideration. Normally people start off at minimum wadge according to her.

Express Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Arcadia, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arcadia, CA

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Express in September 2014.

I applied online and got a call to come in for an interview. She asked us a few simple questions in a group interview and said thank you at the end and that if we got a call back she was going to check for references etc. Overall I liked the ambience, it was a pleasant interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cherry Hill, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cherry Hill, NJ

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Express in September 2014.

Went in today for an interview, arrived 30 minutes early. The interview took only about 10 mins, I was asked about previous work experience in retail. 10 mins later got a call to come to orientation from 5pm-9pm this coming Friday! Overall they are looking for friendly people who can work at a fast pace. I actually buy a lot from express so the hiring manager noticed my clothing, guess that helped out a little too. I went dressed in executive/formal clothing.

Interview Questions
    If you have no retail experience don't negotiate your salary. Everyone starts at $8:25, at least here in NJ.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Express in September 2014.

Applied online and got a call a few days later for Interview. I did my research and figured it would be a piece of cake. However none of the questions I was expecting were asked. The manager spent most of the time talking about the company, then proceeded to ask us one company we would not recommend to others and then one that we would. Then she asked about the last job we had and said she'll call if she was interested.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Express.

Asked about my education and desire working for the company. Discussed future goals, eye for fashion, and trends. Discussed my availability and what kind of position I was seeking.

No negotiation, but possibly of promotion to Fashion Expert.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Modesto, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Modesto, CA

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Express.

I applied online and received a call back after a few days for a group interview. The group interview went smoothly, was about 7-9 people and we took turns answering questions. Questions included:
    Why do you want to work here?
    How would you be described in a high school reunion in three words?
    What's the difference between selling a product and customer service?
    It took about 20 minutes total for the interview. I received a call asking for a reference, and a week later was offered the position.
    Overall was a friendly yet to the point interview :)
    Very excited to be working for Express!

Interview Questions
    • Is the customer always right?
      I liked this question because we got some varied answers in our group. I wouldn't consider it a difficult question, but just to provide something here.
        Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Express.

I applied online and a week or two later they called me and asked for an interview. When you get there you realize that it's not a 1 on 1 interview, it's a group interview. There was a group of 4 of us. They asked questions related to customer service (what was the most difficult customer you had and how did you deal with them? what does customer service mean to you? etc.) They tell you they'll call within 3 days or so. I was called later the same day and was offered the job. They then set you up with a time to go to orientation and fill out your I-9 Form.

Interview Questions
    They didn't give you much room to negotiate. You enter your availability online and put you in the schedule the next full week.

Worked for Express? Contribute to the Community!