Express

Average Difficulty
247 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Express.

Interview Details – Applied on-line and got a call back about two weeks later. Went in a couple days laters for my interview, the manager liked my personality and experience and was offered the job right on the spot. They said they would call with a orientation date, but after a week I called back to set it up. Went to the orientation and started within the next week.

Interview Question – Describe a situation with a unhappy customer and how you handled it?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, got offered a good amount.

Miami, FL

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Express.

Interview Details – I applied online at the website. I received a call about 3 days later for an interview that week. It turned out to be a group interview with 4 other people. He asked questions about how you sold an item before, if you think selling or customer service is more important. Basic stuff like that. I got pulled aside to speak to the other manager.

Interview Question – Why you want to work at this specific Express?   Answer Question

Des Moines, IA

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Express in May 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online and called the manager a few days later. Went to the store and set up an interview. Met with assistant manager and had interview. The interview was quick and fairly standard. Was offered the job on the spot.

Interview Question – How do you balance tasks, like straightening clothes and taking care of customers.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was none, pay was offered and hours were offered. No negotiation.

Buffalo, NY

I applied in-person - interviewed at Express in January 2014.

Interview Details – Less than formal interview process, I walked in and asked if they were hiring so they handed me an application and afterwards they asked if I had a few minutes and proceeded with the interview. Just asked the general interview questions, past experience, why I wanted to work there, etc...After a 10-15 minute interview I was asked when I could start.

Interview Question – Please tell me a time you resolved a customer dispute effectively.   Answer Question

Express Sales Associate Interview

Express Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Express.

Interview Details – I called the store and asked if they were hiring and luckily the hiring manager answered the phone and she said yes. She asked if I had any retail experience and I had a little bit so she told me to apply on-line then she wrote my name down. I applied after we hung up on the phone and the next day I called the store to ask to speak to hiring manager and was told she would not be in until 1pm so I went to the mall at 1pm so I could personally speak to her to follow up on my application (Luckily I did because she couldn't find it in the system) She told me to come back for an interview the following Monday (if do go in and talk to a manger be very presentable-be clean, dressed well-and very knowledgeable) The actual interview lasted 15 minutes long. It was me and several other candidates for the position. It was very relaxed and somewhat informal. Dress to kill and wear the brand if you own it-they like that.

Interview Question – Basic interview questions..."What would you do if you had an upset customer....A difficult obstacle you over came..."   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They do NOT negotiate the starting base pay. It is MINIMUM wage no matter how qualified you are. You have to work your way up, but if you show that you truly are a GREAT hard worker you can move up quickly in management if you would like. If not wait for your annual raise.

Co Manager Interview

Co Manager

I applied through other source and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Express.

Interview Details – Company likes to hire from within. Even to get to a management position you have to work your way up. For part time associates, take the time to look the part. I'm not interested in seeing your jeans and tshirt that don't fit.

Sales Associate

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Express.

Interview Details – Sometimes if a manager is available, he or she will interview you right then and there, or sometimes they will call you to schedule and appointment when you can come in for an interview.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for the company?   Answer Question

Scottsdale, AZ

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Express.

Interview Details – Group Interview, very laid back and relaxed interview. I was with 4 other people and we were all encourage to speak up so I tried to answer each question without seeming like I did not care about the others getting interview,

Interview Question – Was asked more about customer experience and what good customer service should be.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – A bit, Wish I could get a higher pay but was told that I had the ability to promote quickly

Very Easy Interview

Frisco, TX

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Express in June 2014.

Interview Details – Note: GLASSDOOR REVIEWS REALLY HELP!

Applied online and heard within a few days for a group interview; very chill and even enjoyable. Definitely one of the best interviews I've had and a great experience!
They do check your references, but the interview is definitely the most important.

Just be friendly and fashionable, and be genuine in what you are saying. :)

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Minimum wage; did not negotiate because I have no prior retail experience.

Store Manager Interview

Store Manager

Interviewed at Express

Interview Details – There is really not a specified interview guide for anyone on the management team. It was informal for the most part, and I had a very pleasant second interview with the regional director.

Worked for Express? Contribute to the Community!