Express Interview Questions

Updated Sep 18, 2014
Updated Sep 18, 2014

2.2

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Express in September 2014.

Applied online and got a call a few days later for Interview. I did my research and figured it would be a piece of cake. However none of the questions I was expecting were asked. The manager spent most of the time talking about the company, then proceeded to ask us one company we would not recommend to others and then one that we would. Then she asked about the last job we had and said she'll call if she was interested.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Express in November 2012.

You fill out the application online. Go to express.com/careers. I filled out about 9 different retail applications in november, and express was the first company to get back to me. Within 2 week of me submitting the application I had gotten a phone call for a interview and 3 days after that I was in for training. My suggestion is to apply before the holidays or around may, a lot of college students are working for express and they usually leave for the summer in june.

Interview Questions
    • "how would you make sure to promote a positive working environment"   Answer Question
    none

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cherry Hill, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cherry Hill, NJ

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Express in September 2014.

Went in today for an interview, arrived 30 minutes early. The interview took only about 10 mins, I was asked about previous work experience in retail. 10 mins later got a call to come to orientation from 5pm-9pm this coming Friday! Overall they are looking for friendly people who can work at a fast pace. I actually buy a lot from express so the hiring manager noticed my clothing, guess that helped out a little too. I went dressed in executive/formal clothing.

Interview Questions
    If you have no retail experience don't negotiate your salary. Everyone starts at $8:25, at least here in NJ.

Customer Sales Lead Interview

I applied online and went in to follow up the next day. They set up an interview for the following day. When I had my interview it was really busy so my interview was only 5 minutes long. She asked why I wanted to work retail and what made Express stand out to me. I was offered the job the next day once my references had been checked.

Sales Associate Interview

There was only one interview for me. The interview was held as a group interview. Us candidates were asked questions by the store manager. I would recommend sitting closer towards the front, it shows initiative and a real interest to work for the company!

Interview Questions
    • The store manager had an old shoe laying around, and we were tasked to pretend sell it. The manager watched how we tried to talk up the item and relate it to the customer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Poughkeepsie, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Poughkeepsie, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Express in July 2014.

I applied online then like a week or so later I missed the first time they called me so they left me a voicemail message saying for me to call them back because they want to setup a interview me and so I called them back and my interview was later that same exact week and now right before my interview the mall fire alarm went off so that of course delayed things but as soon as I got into the store the manager who interviewed me wasn't ready at first so I just walked around the store for a bit then he told me that another manager had just called the store to speak with him and to give him 20 minutes and so I walked around the mall for 20 minutes and came back and was finally interviewed

Sales Associate With Fashion Expert Duties and Responsibilities Interview

I applied in-person - interviewed at Express.

Fill out in store applications. Same day I did an in store trial run on the spot. I was placed in the fitting rooms to help customers. I customers in the fitting rooms, hung up a few garments on the fitting rack. I also attempted to put a few articles of clothing back in there respective places .lol. The store manager was watching me and taking note of my interaction with the customers. However I was unaware that she was a manager. I'm glad that i did not know because I probably would have been a nervous wreck:)

Interview Questions

I was offered an amount I made another offer than we meant in the middle. According to her she budged a little because I college educated although it was in unrelated field, she still took it into consideration. Normally people start off at minimum wadge according to her.

Express Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Arcadia, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arcadia, CA

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Express in September 2014.

I applied online and got a call to come in for an interview. She asked us a few simple questions in a group interview and said thank you at the end and that if we got a call back she was going to check for references etc. Overall I liked the ambience, it was a pleasant interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Amherst, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Amherst, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Express in August 2014.

I applied online and a week later I called the store to check on the status of my application. The lady told me that the talent manager was on vacation and she took my name and number down. She didn't tell me when the manager would be back so a couple of days later I called again and got the same answer. She remembered me and told me that I would get a call. About a week after that I got a call from the talent manager and she scheduled for me to come in for an interview a couple of days later. It was a group interview and I was nervous because this was my first group interview. There was 3 of us total and the interview was pretty laid back.

She had us introduce ourselves and say something that she wouldn't have known from looking at our application. She then asked us questions like Why do you want to work at express? Tell me a time where you had a difficult customer and what was the outcome. Tell me a time when you went above and beyond for a customer. To you, what's the difference between selling and customer service? What position do you think is more important? And a few other pretty standard questions I can't remember.

At the end we got our chance to ask questions and I asked about opportunities which employers do like. She said that she will call the references that we put down and if we were hired, she would call to schedule orientation. Since I already had a job and was going to school, I didn't think I would get a call but 2 days later I got a call asking if I want to join the team. I accepted and I have orientation the following week.

None, didn't even bring up pay but I wouldn't be surprise if it's minimum wage

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Express in September 2013.

Applied on their website, and got a call within a few days. It was a group interview where the manager asked a question and we all just took turns answering. Nothing too out of the ordinary for a retail job.

Interview Questions

Worked for Express? Contribute to the Community!