Express Interview Questions

Updated Jul 27, 2015

2.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Express (Chicago, IL).

Interview

This interview was for a new store that's about to open so it was pretty basic questions. You applied online first, took and online assessment test then someone called you to set up an interview time if they were interested.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Express.

Interview

The interview was quick. The hiring manager was unorganized. You NEED references and it is a two interview process. The manager sometimes asked the interviewee to get their references to contact the hiring manager. That was a ridiculous request on their part. A lot of work for bad pay, poor management, and a not-so-luxurious brand.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Express (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

I applied and was called in within a week. Interview for me turned out to take an hour , but that's because the manager was really nice so it turned out to be a good conversation.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations just make min wage.

Intern Interview

Interview

There was one phone interview and one in person interview. There were no weird questions. Knew about my offer within two weeks of my interview. The phone interview was very basic

Co Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Express in July 2015.

Interview

I applied online, and two days later I received a phone call asking me to come in for an interview. During the call I asked "What position am I being considered for?". The manager replied "we can discuss in more detail during your interview". I asked that question because the Co manager and sales associate applications are the same, and there's no way to put your preference. When I get to the interview she ask what I was looking for, and of course I explained. She looked shock and said "oh, those positions are filled". I took off from work to be interviewed for a sales associate position? I work at a very high end department store in management...what would make her think that I want to be a sales associate. I'm truly lost, what make anyone think she works at a high end department for two years in management, that she'll be a great sales associate? Overall waste of an evening, for a 1 minute interview...and now I'm stuck in traffic.

Co-Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Express (Charlotte, NC) in July 2015.

Interview

I have never been so nervous in my entire life!!! but when i got there , i realized that i should not be nervous. i showed up 15 minutes early and the other people that were suppost to be in the panel interview with me were late so it helped me out alot. met with the store manager who was funny and very straight forward and nice.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself?   2 Answers
    • Describe your style in three words.   1 Answer
    • If there was a customer that needed to be checked out and a customer just walked in the door and then i gave you a list of tasks which order would you put these three things in according to priority?   1 Answer
    • is the customer always right?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lincolnwood, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Express (Lincolnwood, IL) in July 2015.

Interview

It was really easy though! Since it was my first time ever applying to a job, I was afraid. I was called in for an interview and agreed to come! Turns out it was a group interview with 3 other people. We went around taking turns while she asked the questions. I really thought I messed up, but I got a call today and she offered me the job!

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Express (New York, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied for Express online and it took about a week or so for someone to contact me. I was invited to a group interview at the Times Square location. The HR manager was pleasant and upbeat. He made me feel comfortable and and actively listened to the answers oft he questions. He asked about 5 questions and gave each person the opportunity to answer. The interview went smoothly and ran more like a conversation.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Express (Houston, TX) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied online it took 3 weeks for them to call me back. The manager was really nice. They told I couldn't get the job because I was 16. But she gave me a list of jobs that do hire at 16.The questions were really easy to answer

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when you recieved good customer service?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work for express   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Express (Las Vegas, NV).

Interview

Really easy group interview , they have you sit in a circle and just ask basic questions. They are always looking for the smallest details to set you apart from the rest , including are you looking at them in the eyes are you keeping track of questions that where not even meant for you . Also very important be well gromed

Interview Questions

• Why would you like to work for express ?   1 Answer